Seattle Radio Station Host to do "Bono is Big Hypocrite" show today - WHY?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
corianderstem said:

Yes, I understand how it comes across. But there's a difference between paying no taxes at all personally and moving PART of a business somewhere else to pay a little less taxes as a business.

You really think they went through all this to pay a "little" less taxes. Something tells me it's gotta be a significant chunk of change to make it worth it.

guill said:
Bono should say how much he gives to charity.
It would stop this kind of useless debates.

Seemingly, Bono isn't allowed to say how much he gives to charity, as it is 'against Biblical teaching', apparently.

Strangely, this didn't stop Principle Management issuing a press release during the Vertigo tour announcing that a % of concert receipts for some of the concerts (I forget precisely which ones) were going to charity.

Chizip said:

You really think they went through all this to pay a "little" less taxes. Something tells me it's gotta be a significant chunk of change to make it worth it.

Oh yeah, that was poor wording in my email. I'm sure it was a big chunk o' dough.

financeguy said:

Seemingly, Bono isn't allowed to say how much he gives to charity, as it is 'against Biblical teaching', apparently.

Strangely, this didn't stop Principle Management issuing a press release during the Vertigo tour announcing that a % of concert receipts for some of the concerts (I forget precisely which ones) were going to charity.

i tried to say this in another thread. it was mysteriously ignored.

You could interpret it as one of those "what Bono does vs. what U2 does" things.

But whatever. I certainly can see both sides of the debate.

This topic of "hypocrisy" has already been covered by numerous print articles and editorials in publications like Bloomberg, Slate, International Herald Tribune. It's nothing new.

You know, Bono should've never started with the "thanks for giving us a great life" speeches in their concerts. It just makes us think of all the dosh we've spent on them over the years. And the next album had better be a good one, or I'll not be very happy about forking out for Bono's next gold plated loo, goddammit! :angry:

blueeyedgirl said:
You know, Bono should've never started with the "thanks for giving us a great life" speeches in their concerts.

Whenever I hear that line, I picture Bono on a giant yacht sipping an umbrella drink (or something similar).

U2Man said:

thats what makes you so special on this board :flirt:

Yay, I'm special! :hyper:

Now, if you'll all excuse me, it's 60 degrees in Seattle on this February day, and I have to get out and enjoy it before it goes away (because it will).

financeguy said:

if bono put out a press release every time he did a nice thing, something tells me there would be a lot of dead trees.

cg said:

if bono put out a press release every time he did a nice thing, something tells me there would be a lot of dead trees.

well wouldnt that be better than tearing them down and using them on your enemies?

I'm sure as hell not doing it. Sorry.

Go download the show as an mp3 from the site if you're dying to hear it, silly U2Man!

i tried, but couldnt find any mp3. :(

its still a shame that seattle u2 fans arent true u2 fans.

Back
Top Bottom