Searching for an old 'Hot Press' article

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Morgoth321

Acrobat
Would anyone have a scan, or at least an accurate transcript, of an article from Hot Press (22nd Sept 1988), entitled 'A Mighty Long Way Down Rock 'n' Roll', written by Niall Stokes? PM me if you can help, or post a link to it here if possible.

Many thanks in advance.

(P.S. Yes, I already have searched extensively on the internet for this article, without success. I've only found some quotations, not the complete piece. Yes, I have gone to the Hot Press website, and although it is available there, I don't feel the need to pay for a year's subscription just to access one article.)

"I had to do the first thirty seconds of the guitar on 'Watchtower' because it wasn't recorded on the day, but that's it," Edge adds, "Everything else is as it was performed live. Nothing's changed."

That's interesting. I never knew that. But I only listened to the original, untouched, tracks from the Save The Yuppies Concert once.

Wow, I am listening to the original All Along the Watchtower from the Save The Yuppies concert and it's totally different than the version that ended up on Rattle and Hum.

Morgoth, Hot Press has(or had) a book called Three Chords and the Truth from the late '80's that I have. It's a compendium of all their U2 articles from the '80's and is a treasure trove of information. And nice interviews with the band too. See if you can track it down from a used book store.

I got mine from one in the early '90's for 5 US dollars. Cheap for what it is.

Thanks Yolland and jedi Larry. I find @u2 to be a rather confusingly laid out site, so could never find the right place to go!

Back
Top Bottom