Saturday Night Live Repeat.......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
SERIOUS TEASE. I said to my brother "they play a fourth song, but they don't show it.... WAIT, AND HERE IT IS!!!" as it went longer than the original airing... and then the production logo came up. Sucks big time!

when the episode first aired i sent a bunch of emails to NBC/SNL - all I ever got back were the generated emails stating that they couldn't read/respond to every email they got - i think quite a few others had the same response

edited to ad - u2 are so cool :D

Last edited:
wow that was evil...my heart nearly stopped when bono said "this is the new one...all because of you!" and then they cut to commercials! that's such a shitty thing to do, I thought for sure they'd show it!!!:mad:

ah, oh well..

More than likely NBC will release a DVD in a year or so with "the best of the Wilson brothers" or something like that and the songs will be added on as a bonus - it will probably sell for about 30 USD and the only thing on it worth watching will be the u2 performance - it will probably have to be special ordered adding more to the cost

and will I buy it?

yes I will :reject:

or maybe U2 will release a DVD that has those songs that were not aired.

that scenerio makes more sense. i dunno why they'd put extra U2 songs on a wilson bros dvd.

david said:
or maybe U2 will release a DVD that has those songs that were not aired.

that scenerio makes more sense. i dunno why they'd put extra U2 songs on a wilson bros dvd.

just being sarcastic there:wink:

but then again stranger thing have happened.....

Faraway yet so close...i thought for sure they were gonna play the fourth song...damn you NBC...you teasers!!! :madspit:
Well at least i'm recording that little extra ..so i'll have it til a DVD comes out one day...:|

are there mp3's available for 'sometimes...'?

it's really good, edge's guitar is quite impressive.

Zoomerang96 said:
are there mp3's available for 'sometimes...'?

it's really good, edge's guitar is quite impressive.

it is... I love when they perform SYCMIOYO live, not only because of the intense emotion Bono always performs it with, but because the more pronounced guitar during the choruses sounds so much better than on the studio album version

They didnt show anything different on the version of SNL they played here cut it off at exactly the same point but it was good to see it repeated anyway...free advertising for the album.

NBC airing a couple more seconds of All Because Of You this time is not proof that they have the whole song or the following songs on tape. It just means that the timing of this repeat as far as commercial breaks was concerned made it run a few seconds longer. During the live broadcast they continue taping for a short period after the ninety minute cutoff time just in case this happens during repeats. You don't usually notice it because the only difference is a few more seconds of the cast standing there waving. This time it was more noticeable because of U2 playing. It is highly unlikely that they continued taping for more than thirty seconds or so, much less the fifteen to twenty minutes that U2 apparently continued playing.

Don't get me wrong, I hope it was taped and is someday aired, but I really don't think that's the case.

Last edited:
I was so excited, I thought they were going to show it, then they cut out to go to a show about Michigan high school sports.

I just watched the performance of Vertigo again, and it's pretty cool... somethings I like were;

The slowing down part of "All Of This..."
Bono 'feeling up' Adam, and Adam looking down at him then up -- that was funny
Adam swinging his hips with the bass, which was pretty cool.

korczykp said:
I love when they perform SYCMIOYO live, not only because of the intense emotion Bono always performs it with, but because the more pronounced guitar during the choruses sounds so much better than on the studio album version

Wasn't that beautiful? So heartfelt and emotional, it brought tears to my eyes. :sad: Bono really was singing from his heart, and the audience appreciated it. I so wish I'd been there.

And they were clearly performing live, NOT lip-synching to a pre-recorded track! Take notes, Ashlee Simpson! :p

Back
Top Bottom