[Rumor] NLOTH (Album Version) on Sirius

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
can we get our story straight - i think your hearing NLOTH2 .... why would they leak NLOTH?:hmm:

Yup....it was NLOTH 2. Of course after listening to a lot of crap music on that channel all day, I go to make something to eat, and then only catch 10 secs of it.

To whoever started this rumor: why would you falsely identify a song you've illegally downloaded on the Internet as something different you heard on the radio, when it was the exact song??

This whole thread was a cocktease.

just heard it for the first time today! I was so surprised that it was on that I almost drove off the road!

I can only imagine. I can't wait to hear it just driving along. :hyper:

It is on right now and I can confirm it is the NLOTH 2

again.. :hyper:
I envy you guys that's heard it on the radio already. :up:

To whoever started this rumor: why would you falsely identify a song you've illegally downloaded on the Internet as something different you heard on the radio, when it was the exact song??

This whole thread was a cocktease.

As I said earlier. There was no way Alt Nation would start playing songs off the album not without word getting around somehow

I can only imagine. I can't wait to hear it just driving along. :hyper:

again.. :hyper:
I envy you guys that's heard it on the radio already. :up:

It sounds goooooooooood

just heard it for the first time today! I was so surprised that it was on that I almost drove off the road!

Hah. Boots cames on the radio the other day and, as I don't listen to much radio, I was so excited that I practically ran up some guys ass. I can't imagine what I would do if I was hearing boots or no line for the first time on the radio whilst driving! My poor car would be a write-off!

yeah I hate it when people claim to have heard something when its not true. If the album version was played, SURELY someone would have recorded and leaked it by now and like mentioned here in this thread NO WAY would they play a new song like that! OP i have a few words for ya but I will not say them.

well i dont know what version it is i just heard, but they just played it and it was pretty fucking cool. It was very fast paced and rocking, very punk rock sounding, for u2. I just caught it by chance as i had been out shopping and just got home and turned on the radio at 1pm, right as they played it. :up:

i havent read through this entire thread so im guessing people are saying this was the b side and not the album version that Alt nation is playing? And the more ambient version is on the album?

Yes, you heard the b-side. The album version is considerably slower--there has been a lot of confusion on the boards, however, partially because people are confusing the terms "punk", "heavy rock", etc.

Yes, you heard the b-side. The album version is considerably slower--there has been a lot of confusion on the boards, however, partially because people are confusing the terms "punk", "heavy rock", etc.

is it really considerably slower?...if that's the case I'll be very disappointed :angry:

I have Sirius - mostly listen to it in my car. Channel 21 is the alternative rock station (officially called Alt Nation) - one of my favorites. It is the ONLY station I've heard play GOYB to date.

If one is a subscriber, one can also hear it online. I'm listening to 21 now. :)

However, I have not heard NLOTH yet. If I do, I'll let y'all know.

I was really hoping U2 would create a "U2 Channel" - even if temporary. Springsteen, REM and the Stones have all done this (and I think a few other artists as well). Sometimes the station lasts a while usually to promote a new album. Some stations linger, but may not be 100% related to the artist. For example, there is a Sinatra station, but songs related to Sinatra in some way, performed by other artists, are often played.

Regardless, I thought a 100% U2 or U2 related station would be great right about now - right before the album was released. I know I'd listen to it exclusively. Either McGuinness didn't like the idea (cost too much or no Sirius in Europe), but I really wished they did it. To me, this is an excellent way to promote the album and it's music related (like the iPod commercial). Oh well.

I have Sirius - mostly listen to it in my car. Channel 21 is the alternative rock station (officially called Alt Nation) - one of my favorites. It is the ONLY station I've heard play GOYB to date.

If one is a subscriber, one can also hear it online. I'm listening to 21 now. :)

The Spectrum plays GOYB as well

Hey Doctorwho, FYI Alt Nat21 played GOYB this morning (between 8 & 9) and then as noted they played NLOTH at 1300 sharp (thats 1pm, Central time). :up:

And yes thats the only place i have heard either song on the radio.

I like Alt Nation okay, though i like 1st wave better and also BPM :hyper:

I was really hoping U2 would create a "U2 Channel" - even if temporary. Springsteen, REM and the Stones have all done this (and I think a few other artists as well). Sometimes the station lasts a while usually to promote a new album. Some stations linger, but may not be 100% related to the artist. For example, there is a Sinatra station, but songs related to Sinatra in some way, performed by other artists, are often played.

Regardless, I thought a 100% U2 or U2 related station would be great right about now - right before the album was released. I know I'd listen to it exclusively. Either McGuinness didn't like the idea (cost too much or no Sirius in Europe), but I really wished they did it. To me, this is an excellent way to promote the album and it's music related (like the iPod commercial). Oh well.

Dr.W,

I've been a loyal Sirius listener/subscriber since its inception. I agree that channel 21 is amazing as are a few others (Octane if you like harder stuff and Spectrum if you like a variety of classic and great music) Any who....I've heard and read numerous rumors that Sirius was in the process of talking to U2's management team about doing a "full-time channel" similar to Bruce and Company and The Stones. The last I heard they (Sirius) was just waiting for U2 to officially release their next album and they said it would be only a matter of time. Now that was early LAST YEAR, haven't heard anything since. I'll keep you up to date as I hear it. Last time it was from one of the DJ's who alluded to the above info and prior to that was through online rumors and emails to the company.

I'm sure that a band like U2 would more than qualify for their own channel due to their huge catalog of studio and live music. That might get more people around here to jump on the SiriusXM band wagon. I tell ya, once you listen to satellite radio, nothing else compares.

is it really considerably slower?...if that's the case I'll be very disappointed :angry:

We don't know that for sure. Every review, and the gal from Zootopia who's heard the album has said that it's much rockier than the bside version that we have now.

From all reviews/reports, the song starts out very electronic and moody, then bursts out into a punk rock type song.

We've been told many times from the people who have heard the album that the 45 sec clips don't do the songs justice, that just when you think you know where a song is going, it changes.

They could be full of shit of course.

We don't have much longer. At least 8 more days till Japan has it, and the album probably will leak before then.

I have Sirius/XM The Spectrum(Channel 18) also plays GOYB and I heard NLOTH 2 on Alt Nation at 2 p.m. E.T.
I e-mailed them (Sirius) about a temporary U2 channel over a month ago..they e-mailed me back at the time saying they had no knowledge of one in the works..with Coldplay,Metallica,AC/DC all having had temp. channels on either Sirius or XM and now with both companies having merged it seems like a no-brainer unless Interscope or U2's management was wary of pissing off regular radio stations across the country or maybe the possible Sirius/XM bankruptcy??...but regular radio is so weak these days...I am very surprised

Hey Doctorwho, FYI Alt Nat21 played GOYB this morning (between 8 & 9) and then as noted they played NLOTH at 1300 sharp (thats 1pm, Central time). :up:

And yes thats the only place i have heard either song on the radio.

I like Alt Nation okay, though i like 1st wave better and also BPM :hyper:

Love BPM and Area

Spectrum plays rock sometimes the non single tracks off albums and lesser known rock artists as well

We don't know that for sure. Every review, and the gal from Zootopia who's heard the album has said that it's much rockier than the bside version that we have now.

From all reviews/reports, the song starts out very electronic and moody, then bursts out into a punk rock type song.

We've been told many times from the people who have heard the album that the 45 sec clips don't do the songs justice, that just when you think you know where a song is going, it changes.

They could be full of shit of course.

We don't have much longer. At least 8 more days till Japan has it, and the album probably will leak before then.

Yes, it's slower. Listen to the clips. BPM/speed is not synonymous with "rockiness".

There has been no mention of "punk" with the album version--classic case of Interference telephone.

Back
Top Bottom