RTÉ 2XM played the NLOTH B-Side Today (Discussion Only)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad they played the GOYB single version, because I have that already. Judging from the clips, the album version will be very different. So they have indeed made two different versions of the song, it's not just a remix.

Does anybody who recorded it/has the GOYB single already have the lyrics? I want to know what he was saying....

And yay, U2 song marathon on the radio! :D

Ok wow... the link I'm using that was posted earlier was not the right one, I didn't hear it. But it's the same as the single version that chocky has sent anyways? Not the album version?

It sounds nothing like the preview clips to me. The version on the previews sounds good. This just sounds like shit. :sad:

Give it a rest........everyone's a fucking expert these days....it sounds great...I can only hope that's the album version...if for no other reason than just to spite you

Liked this a LOT but still waiting for the album version with much greater anticipation. I just love the way the album version (based on the clip) has the sound of a churning sea in Edge's wall-of-sound, echoey, sludgy guitars.

Initial thoughts:

Murky-sounding mix, like Achtung Baby. Drumming's very WOWY. Edge is doing some crazy things, as is Adam. Bono's vocals need to be remixed, he's peaking on the highs.

Strong push by the the rhythm section. The song doesn't really go anywhere or build up, unfortunately, but upon further reflection that's not necessarily a bad thing. It's a new sonic direction, all right.

That wasn't really like anything U2 have ever done before - and when you're saying this about U2, then it's something pretty different.

This song needs a lot more than one listen to get the true scope of it.

What's confusing? It's a different version.

I'm confused because Bono doesn't sound like Bono except in the chorus ... :| also wasn't there supposed the be a big epic ending in the album version? I'm hoping/assuming the album version is way different, because this is pretty underwhelming.

Give it a rest........everyone's a fucking expert these days....it sounds great...I can only hope that's the album version...if for no other reason than just to spite you

apparently the only experts who's opinion counts are those who agree with you.

look, i liked that song better than i liked boots the first time i heard it... but it still didn't set my mind on fire like i'm waiting for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom