Right now I cant get enough of.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Cooper Temple Clause - 'New Toys' (and the rest of the album)
The Fiery Furnaces
M83

Last edited:
welcome back, old friend

Cant believe this thread hasnt been posted in for almost a year. That changes NOW.

Low
VNV Nation
Ride (especially the song 'Vapour Trail')
post-rock
shoegaze
dream-pop
the 2 Wilderness songs I've heard (the album better freaking come soon)

At the moment, I am enjoying similar music types to those that mofo posted. Maybe a bit more exclusively though... a lot of Godspeed You! Black Emperor and Post-Rock Ambient. Less talk more awesome.

My listening has come to a point where I despise the presence of lyrics (just redundant and boring most times)... although hearing the vocal as an instrument in reference to the feeling of a song is interesting. My sentiments would probably not suit a lot of folks' tastes, but if words do not need to be said... why bother? Let the other musicians express something instead of filler.

Ooh, it is nice to see this thread emerge again.

Anyone who's visited the "what are you listening to" threads lately will have noticed that I've been listening to a hell of a lot of Split Enz-that's a band whose music I've discovered a lot more of in recent months. Very quirky little band, they were, but damn, did they make some good songs.

And I intend on looking around in the near future here for a compilation CD or something of XTC's music, kinda get me started on the path to hearing more of their stuff, 'cause I really like what I'm hearing by them, too. There's lots of artists whose CDs I'd love to go out and start buying, but alas, I am not exactly rich at the moment. Slowly but surely, though, that should change with time.

Angela

70's and 80's music ... :wink:

It's two of the BEST eras anyway !! :bow:
I'd constantly hear this music because my older brother and sister played it. It left such an influence on me as well. That is why I always say how I'm trapped in these eras of music !!
I cannot seem to get myself into current music as much ... only some current music although,
I always listen to music from a band called U2 !! :applaud:

Howl- Black Rebel Motorcycle Club

Very nice left turn for them. Acoustic, blues, gospel tinged rock(lotsa Jesus in here.) Might be the best album of 05. Still warming up to the new Supergrass record though.:drool:

MsMofoGone said:
70's and 80's music ... :wink:

Heh, if those are your favored decades musically, then I'd definitely recommend Split Enz to ya, as their music lasted through both of those decades, and considering some of the music you do listen to, I think you'd like 'em (that is, of course, assuming you haven't already heard anything by them, in which case, if you have, you can disregard this post :p).

Angela

MsMofoGone said:
I'm not exactly sure if I've heard their songs !! :scratch:
What are some of their songs ?? :shrug:
Some bands I recognize by the title of their song, not always the band name itself !! :wink:

Well, one of their most well-known ones is "I Got You". And they also have "One Step Ahead", "Six Months In A Leaky Boat", and "Message To My Girl", just to name a few.

If none of those still ring a bell for ya, then if you're ever in a CD store, try and look around for a best of CD of theirs to get ya started (if you're interested, that is).

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:

if you're ever in a CD store, try and look around for a best of CD of theirs to get ya started (if you're interested, that is).

Thanks I'll definitely check them out next time I go to Tower Records,Best Buy or F.Y.E. ... :wink:

Back
Top Bottom