Review the Last Movie You Viewed Part VI: Satisfying the A-R crowd

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the little shiteater in Cumdog wasn't quite a baby either. Child, I suppose. And who didn't get into all kinds of crazy shit as a child?

For the record, I thought it was Taco Bell meat.

Slumdog wasn't the "best" movie of last year, but it was at least watchable.

I don't have a problem with it winning/ getting the oscar, I sat through it twice.
Liked it better the second time.
and I liked Crash the one time I watched it.

I think one of the few times I strongly disagreed
was when they gave it to Forrest Gump. That was hard to sit through.
I felt it was very exploitative of learning disabled or whatever the correct term is these days.

I think one of the few times I strongly disagreed
was when they gave it to Forrest Gump. That was hard to sit through.
I felt it was very exploitative of learning disabled or whatever the correct term is these days.

This we can agree upon.

Titanic deserves to go on that list, too. Deserving of the technical awards, but apart from that, I wish it was split between L.A. Confidential, Boogie Nights, Jackie Brown, and Deconstructing Harry.

I did think of Titanic, too.
but it was a crowd please, much like Slumdog.

I liked all three of those movies much more, too.

L.A. Confidential may be the most accessible of them all.

I loved everything about Jackie Brown from the opening song to the locations around the Torrance, San Pedro harbor areas of Los Angeles. Also, to have Deniro taking a minor supporting role. There were a lot of people that wanted something more powerful / sensational like Pulp Fiction. I'll take a perfect small film every time.

Boogie nights, wow that was long and hard to swallow. No pun, well a little.
Tough film, to sit through. But an outstanding film. P T has never made a film that is not great.

I did think of Titanic, too.
but it was a crowd please, much like Slumdog.

I liked all three of those movies much more, too.

L.A. Confidential may be the most accessible of them all.

I loved everything about Jackie Brown from the opening song to the locations around the Torrance, San Pedro harbor areas of Los Angeles. Also, to have Deniro taking a minor supporting role. There were a lot of people that wanted something more powerful / sensational like Pulp Fiction. I'll take a perfect small film every time.

Boogie nights, wow that was long and hard to swallow. No pun, well a little.
Tough film, to sit through. But an outstanding film. P T has never made a film that is not great.

I think Pulp and Jackie are perfect complements to each other and show Tarantino's range as a filmmaker, but prefer the former. Sam Jackson's an absolute force in Jackie, too.

God, I love PT. What do you think of Hard Eight?

That may have been the first film of his I saw
or maybe just after Boogie nights (I think it got a second release because of the Boogie nights success)

anyways, my feeling is that it is a perfect little film.
Phillip Baker Hall, great role for him.

the Gwyneth Paltrow character is very believable, I think a lot of hookers are not very bright. There is not a flaw in that film.

(btw, that baby cries for the same reason every baby cries, he shit himself.)

This is a big misconception as I have learned recently.

I've been helping out a friend by watching her baby son who is almost 6 months old. When I told her that I was surprised that he didn't cry when his diaper was wet or full of shit she said "duh, he's a boy, he cries when he's hungry or tired and doesn't mind shit."

Twilight. 0/10.

The best thing that I can say about this movie is that at least I didn't pay to see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom