Retro Island - A Desert Island Spinoff Tournament

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We weren't going to go past the mid-80's, though. Jesus Built My Hotrod is from 1991, correct? I want to focus on the mid-70's to mid-80's time frame.

And hell no, do just a fun playlist. This isn't serious at all, just having a good time until DI5 rolls around.

Cool :yes:

Yeah, wasn't sure of the date of Hotrod. Just lumped it in with the rest. Had Stigmata for a while, think that was mid-80's? Anyways, both dropped, and looks like we won't need any emergency solution :up:

My list is going to be so mainstream. Probably nothing anyone here hasn't heard before.

I don't think there's anything wrong with that. If everyone took the time to listen to these, as opposed to scanning the list for indie cred, it'd be interesting to me to see how the voting would go.

You happy with Rose? I assume yes.

I don't think there's anything wrong with that. If everyone took the time to listen to these, as opposed to scanning the list for indie cred, it'd be interesting to me to see how the voting would go.

You happy with Rose? I assume yes.

Yeah, I'm happy with him. But the team needs to be molded around him now. The roster isn't balanced. Moves need to be made before the season starts.

Which is perfectly fine. I think all of ours will more or less be like that. It'll just be fun to see who comes up with what and how it all goes together.

Hey, that's my DI theory!

Mine'll use some mainstream bands, but hopefully will pull some of their lesser known, but still amazing tracks.

1. phanan
2. KhanadaRhodes
3. Screwtape2
4. hardyharhar/Lila64
5. bono_212
6. namkcuR
7. LMP

One to go. We could probably have the playlists ready in about a week or so and start right up, if everyone is ok with that.

I listen to approximately...six bands that would be considered retro/new wave. :sad: If I knew more, I certainly would have participated in this one.

I much prefer the DI spinoff competitions, to be honest.

Last edited:
I listen to aproximately...six bands that would be considered retro/new wave. :sad: If I knew more, I certainly would have participated in this one.

I've never done a DI and likely never will...but I did participate in the mess that was Space Moon....and would do a spin-off if it were more in my wheelhouse. Yes, I have a wheelhouse. Figuratively. But still.

I listen to aproximately...six bands that would be considered retro/new wave. :sad: If I knew more, I certainly would have participated in this one.

The concept album one was actually pretty cool with a few exceptions.

I just discovered that I like saying "Retro Island" out loud....but to be fair....I like saying just about anything in front of the word "Island". Like, would you guys watch a made for TV miniseries called "Assault on Axver Island"? I would.

Axver, this island would have an amazing tram/train system, but, shoddy armed forces, hence the assault....likely a nautical one, FYI.

I just discovered that I like saying "Retro Island" out loud....but to be fair....I like saying just about anything in front of the word "Island". Like, would you guys watch a made for TV miniseries called "Assault on Axver Island"? I would.

Axver, this island would have an amazing tram/train system, but, shoddy armed forces, hence the assault....likely a nautical one, FYI.

And it's theme song would be Thomas The Tank Engine.

Sodor Island

:) Another George Carlin achievement. Narrator for Thomas, Percy, Henry, Annie & Clarabel, Toby etc...... :reject:

See what happens when you have kids :lol:

:tsk: it's The Island Of Sodor :wink:

The fact that Ringo was on that show fills it with superwin, imo

001164_17.jpg

Only to followed by The Wrath of Axver.

I listen to approximately...six bands that would be considered retro/new wave. :sad: If I knew more, I certainly would have participated in this one.

I am actually having a similar problem. I love a lot of music from the late seventies and early eighties but I wouldn't consider much of it retro, punk or new wave. So I might have to drop out. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom