Rest of U2 Survivor: Zooropa - Round 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your Least Favorite Song

• Zooropa

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • Lemon

Votes: 28 33.7%
  • Dirty Day

Votes: 49 59.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, last night I was sleeping soundly while this thread was jumping with hilarity. It was great getting online today and reading through the pages four through eight. Prizes go to Axver, Coolian, and Varitek for bringing the lulz. Especially Axver for "My brother's name is Mittens! :cute: " which made me throw my head back and laugh out loud. Thank you all :love:

DreamOutLoud13 said:
You know, last night I was sleeping soundly while this thread was jumping with hilarity. It was great getting online today and reading through the pages four through eight. Prizes go to Axver, Coolian, and Varitek for bringing the lulz. Especially Axver for "My brother's name is Mittens! :cute: " which made me throw my head back and laugh out loud. Thank you all :love:

I agreed with this. Except for "lulz". What's a "lulz"?

Urban Dictionary puts it best:

Beginning as a plural variant of lol, Lulz was originally an exclamation but is now often used as a noun meaning interesting or funny internet content.
Lol -> lul; lols -> luls; lolz -> lulz.

In other words, laughter :)

DreamOutLoud13 said:
Urban Dictionary puts it best:

Beginning as a plural variant of lol, Lulz was originally an exclamation but is now often used as a noun meaning interesting or funny internet content.
Lol -> lul; lols -> luls; lolz -> lulz.

In other words, laughter :)

Oh. My urban side missed out on that one, I guess! :wink:

Varitek said:

Yeah well, it's not my fault that parts of the world where I want to work have shitty infrastructure, little internet access, and not enough income to support U2 playing a show anywhere within $1000 of airfare.

I'm going to be sending myself broke by traipsing as far as Seattle for the next tour.

I'm going to try the many birds with one really expensive stone approach

coolian2 said:

I'm going to be sending myself broke by traipsing as far as Seattle for the next tour.

I'm going to try the many birds with one really expensive stone approach

It really depends on scheduling for me. I'm willing to spend down a significant amount of savings for it, but if I have the job I want and the timing is wrong or I can't get off work or I don't know these things until after the tickets go on sale.... It is such a constant dread for me that my desire for the new album in 2008 is cancelled out by my desire to see the tour be in 2010, not 2009.

Varitek said:

It really depends on scheduling for me. I'm willing to spend down a significant amount of savings for it, but if I have the job I want and the timing is wrong or I can't get off work or I don't know these things until after the tickets go on sale.... It is such a constant dread for me that my desire for the new album in 2008 is cancelled out by my desire to see the tour be in 2010, not 2009.

I'm fairly similar, this is the second year of my three year university course. If it comes to it though i'm willing to miss a week or two of it because i'm really sticking with it for the sake of having a degree before i try my hand at what i really want to do in life.

2009 - pain in the arse scenario
2010 - dream scenario

Get back to Africa, Bono!

coolian2 said:

I'm fairly similar, this is the second year of my three year university course. If it comes to it though i'm willing to miss a week or two of it because i'm really sticking with it for the sake of having a degree before i try my hand at what i really want to do in life.

2009 - pain in the arse scenario
2010 - dream scenario

Get back to Africa, Bono!

Actually, if he got back to Africa on the tour, that's what would make my life much easier in that I wouldn't have to drop $1000 to get to Europe plus tickets and accomodation when I'm making $400 a month (assuming I get the job I want). But there's not really enough demand and not really enough wealth to attract U2 for concerts in not-South Africa.

Don't worry, friend-os. I'll be closing the poll and moving on to the final when I get home in a few hours.

Varitek said:

Actually, if he got back to Africa on the tour, that's what would make my life much easier in that I wouldn't have to drop $1000 to get to Europe plus tickets and accomodation when I'm making $400 a month (assuming I get the job I want). But there's not really enough demand and not really enough wealth to attract U2 for concerts in not-South Africa.

I'm hoping he screws around in Africa long enough to delay the album for, say, a year.

At the worst i'd be able to go to an Australian leg, but i want to see Seattle/Vancouver/Portland/San Francisco etc, not same old Australia

Oh really? I didn't realize that was a landslide. Oh well. The next one is going to suck, though, because all the Lemon lovers will probably band together against Zooropa. :(

the tourist said:
Oh really? I didn't realize that was a landslide. Oh well. The next one is going to suck, though, because all the Lemon lovers will probably band together against Zooropa. :(

There are enough Lemon haters to make the next round a blowout.

coolian2 said:

I'm hoping he screws around in Africa long enough to delay the album for, say, a year.

At the worst i'd be able to go to an Australian leg, but i want to see Seattle/Vancouver/Portland/San Francisco etc, not same old Australia

I just want to see one show. Actually I'd love to see 10 but realistically the best I can hope for is a week straight of shows if I can get tickets for all of them.

Varitek said:
But there's not really enough demand and not really enough wealth to attract U2 for concerts in not-South Africa.

Horse manure! U2 were rocking there last year! I'll prove it too. I found this hidden on the U2VT backend so it must be true! :happy:

2007-02-05 - Porto Novo, Benin - Stade Municipale
2007-02-06 - Cotonou, Benin - Stade de l'Amitié
2007-02-08 - Lomé, Togo - Stade de Kégué
2007-02-09 - Atakpamé, Togo - Stade Omnisports
2007-02-11 - Sokodé, Togo - Stade Municipal
2007-02-12 - Tamale, Ghana - Kaladan Park
2007-02-14 - Kumasi, Ghana - Baba Yara Stadium
2007-02-15 - Accra, Ghana - Ohene Djan Stadium
2007-02-17 - Sekondi, Ghana - Gyandu Park
2007-02-19 - Abidjan, Ivory Coast - Félix Houphouet-Boigny
2007-02-20 - Abidjan, Ivory Coast - Félix Houphouet-Boigny
2007-02-22 - San Pédro, Ivory Coast - Stade Auguste Denis
2007-02-23 - Bouaflé, Ivory Coast - Stade de Bouaflé
2007-02-25 - Monrovia, Liberia - National Complex
2007-02-26 - Monrovia, Liberia - National Complex
2007-02-28 - Freetown, Sierra Leone - National Stadium
2007-03-01 - Freetown, Sierra Leone - National Stadium
2007-03-03 - Conakry, Guinea - Stade 28 Septembre
2007-03-04 - Conakry, Guinea - Stade 28 Septembre
2007-03-06 - Bissau, Guinea-Bissau - Estádio 24 de Setembro
2007-03-07 - Bissau, Guinea-Bissau - Estádio 24 de Setembro
2007-03-09 - Ziguinchor, Senegal - Stade Aline Sitoe Diatta
2007-03-11 - Banjul, The Gambia - Stade Brikama
2007-03-12 - Banjul, The Gambia - Stade Brikama
2007-03-14 - Dakar, Senegal - Stade Léopold Sédar Senghor
2007-03-15 - Dakar, Senegal - Stade Léopold Sédar Senghor

the tourist said:

I've been at war with Lemon since, like, Round 3. I won't let it happen.

Axver said:

Horse manure! U2 were rocking there last year! I'll prove it too. I found this hidden on the U2VT backend so it must be true! :happy:

2007-02-05 - Porto Novo, Benin - Stade Municipale
2007-02-06 - Cotonou, Benin - Stade de l'Amitié
2007-02-08 - Lomé, Togo - Stade de Kégué
2007-02-09 - Atakpamé, Togo - Stade Omnisports
2007-02-11 - Sokodé, Togo - Stade Municipal
2007-02-12 - Tamale, Ghana - Kaladan Park
2007-02-14 - Kumasi, Ghana - Baba Yara Stadium
2007-02-15 - Accra, Ghana - Ohene Djan Stadium
2007-02-17 - Sekondi, Ghana - Gyandu Park
2007-02-19 - Abidjan, Ivory Coast - Félix Houphouet-Boigny
2007-02-20 - Abidjan, Ivory Coast - Félix Houphouet-Boigny
2007-02-22 - San Pédro, Ivory Coast - Stade Auguste Denis
2007-02-23 - Bouaflé, Ivory Coast - Stade de Bouaflé
2007-02-25 - Monrovia, Liberia - National Complex
2007-02-26 - Monrovia, Liberia - National Complex
2007-02-28 - Freetown, Sierra Leone - National Stadium
2007-03-01 - Freetown, Sierra Leone - National Stadium
2007-03-03 - Conakry, Guinea - Stade 28 Septembre
2007-03-04 - Conakry, Guinea - Stade 28 Septembre
2007-03-06 - Bissau, Guinea-Bissau - Estádio 24 de Setembro
2007-03-07 - Bissau, Guinea-Bissau - Estádio 24 de Setembro
2007-03-09 - Ziguinchor, Senegal - Stade Aline Sitoe Diatta
2007-03-11 - Banjul, The Gambia - Stade Brikama
2007-03-12 - Banjul, The Gambia - Stade Brikama
2007-03-14 - Dakar, Senegal - Stade Léopold Sédar Senghor
2007-03-15 - Dakar, Senegal - Stade Léopold Sédar Senghor

If this happened in 2009, or even one concert in each country, I might die of happiness. Or of a plane crash when the little propeller plane from Accra to Dakar goes down.

As for the actual contest, I vote that if Corri checks this any time soon she should close it and start the next one, so it can be closed by 9est and we can get on to voting against Miami!

edit: Miami will probably also take about 4 hours to get rid of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom