Rest of U2 Survivor: The Unforgettable Fire - Round 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stimme Für Ihr Kleinstes Lieblingslied

• A Sort of Homecoming

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Wire

Votes: 33 47.8%
  • Promenade

Votes: 34 49.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

corianderstem

Blue Crack Distributor
Let's just not talk about what happened to poor Indian Summer Sky in the last, brief round.

VOTE FOR YOUR LEAST FAVORITE SONG

Polls will remain open for 48 hours, unless one song has taken enough of a beating after a day or so, in which case we'll call it an act of mercy and move on to the next round.

Songs in this round:

- A Sort Of Homecoming
- Wire
- Promenade

Criteria for song selection (at least for the albums): anything on the regular pressings of the Best Of 1980-1990, Best Of 1990-2000, and U2:18 is excluded.

I'm going into mourning for poor ISS.

Picking between Wire and Promenade is too hard. Neither deserves to be eliminated. I'll have to give this some thought.

I'm voting for Wire, although it pains me somewhat to do so. I really like Wire, but Promenade is so damn pretty :drool: and A Sort of Homecoming is all nuclear wintery :drool: Wire is angry and heroin-deathy, but it's just not enough at the moment :(

DreamOutLoud13 said:
I'm voting for Wire, although it pains me somewhat to do so. I really like Wire, but Promenade is so damn pretty (

That's why I voted for Wire, too.

I'm leaning towards a Promenade vote right now. I agree, Promenade is pretty, it's gorgeous, but lets say you couldn't listen to either song ever again.... There are alot of other pretty U2 songs (although nothing maybe as gorgeous) , but there's nothing else like Wire.

As much as it was hard to do, I voted Promenade after playing the two back-to-back. I love both songs, but Wire has so much morbid energy in a way foreign to the rest of U2's catalogue. It's a stunning piece of work.

There's no question that ASOH is the best song here though.

I did the listening back to back thing too.... and it only reinforced what I said above. Wire needs to stay. Wire is one of those rare songs that on my very first listen it just blew my mind. Made me sit down and say wow, just like the 1st time I heard Mofo.

My vote goes to Promenade.

Am I seriously the only one here that thinks that ASOH is not the best song left? It's certainly a great song but Wire and Promenade are my top 2 songs on this album.

Please tell me I am not alone here.

Hoodlem said:
Am I seriously the only one here that thinks that ASOH is not the best song left? It's certainly a great song but Wire and Promenade are my top 2 songs on this album.

I had considered that, but it was clear early on that it would be a wasted vote.

Very tough choice. I had to play all 3 first. I'm going with Wire.

ASOH is just so pretty:drool:

And Promenade is even prettier:drool: :drool:

Hoodlem said:

You aren't. On the selection we have Wire is easily my favourite.

Promenade > Wire. Simple as that. Wire is...good, I guess, but it doesn't fit very well on this record, which I find frustrating. Promenade is gorgeous. Sorry if it's a little bit too short for some of you. :p

ASOH is better than both, but it'll hurt to possibly have to vote for Promenade.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom