Rest of U2 Survivor: Achtung Baby - Round 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your Least Favorite Song

• Zoo Station

Votes: 33 37.1%
  • The Fly

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Ultraviolet

Votes: 25 28.1%
  • Acrobat

Votes: 8 9.0%
  • Love Is Blindness

Votes: 20 22.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't understand: how come Ultraviolet was second in the run to get out last round and now suddenly it's Zoo Station?????

Zoo Station rocks!

Voted Ultra Violet.
The others are better (I think) studio wise.
Live Ultra Violet on the other hand is just:drool:

Cheers ,

Mauwer

:ohmy: someone voted The Fly:wink:

Last edited:
UV has overstayed its welcome by about 3 rounds...and whoever the hell voted The Fly is getting his/her U2 fanhood revoked. I mean honestly, The Fly???

Why does anyone like the studio version of Zoo Station? It's shit! Half of the guitar parts aren't there!

phillyfan26 said:
Why does anyone like the studio version of Zoo Station? It's shit! Half of the guitar parts aren't there!

Let's just say that Zoo Station doesn't commit a sin as bad as UV's chorus.

Sure it does: crushing its own greatness with horrible mixing.

Hence, Ultraviolet > Studio Zoo Station.

I never really saw a huge problem with the album mix. I guess it's not great, but what the hell, it's not unlistenable.

Axver, is there any live version of Ultraviolot that you tolerate or perhaps even like?

phanan said:
I rate entire songs rather than just six words.

Well, the chorus is bad enough to poison the entire song for me. But that would be one thing. The fact that the horrible chorus is then employed to drag out the song at least a minute longer than it by any rights should be is what completely destroys it in my opinion.

The Sad Punk said:
Axver, is there any live version of Ultraviolot that you tolerate or perhaps even like?

I can't name any specific performance I really tolerate. I suppose 1993-08-28 isn't so bad with the bits of snippetry. I did like how Bono sometimes did the Sinatra-style "my way" bit at the end.

Zoo Station. As in every round so far. Album version does nothing for me.

Last edited:
theFly51 said:
Zoo Station

Hang in there UV!

(Who votes for The Fly?) :mad:

Considering it, like most of the album, suffers from shitty production, I'm not surprised. I'm voting for it before Acrobat.

Zoo Station sounds like it was recorded in a car factory. Don't get me wrong, I like the song but it could've been better IMO.

The live version of The Fly is one of the three greatest things U2 has ever done.

Hopefully that statement eliminates waterboarding.

If we want to save Ultraviolet again the next round (if it makes it through this round, that is), I'm not sure what we should vote for. Maybe Love Is Blindness, since it's the top vote-getter besides Zoo Station and Ultraviolet. But I'm not sure about that. After this round, it will be tough. And I'll probably be voting for The Fly, because it's my least favourite of those left.

Acrobat for the win!

DreamOutLoud13 said:
It's gonna come down to Acrobat vs. The Fly.... and when it does, I will not hesitate to get my Flyswatter out :shifty:

Acrobat :drool: My namesake song :heart: (along with Zooropa :love: )

Actually, I'm hoping The Fly goes before the last round. It's my least favourite of the remaining songs (besides Zoo Station, that is).

phillyfan26 said:
The live version of The Fly is one of the three greatest things U2 has ever done.

Actually, it's not that great live, IMO. Especially the Zoo TV version, which is essentially the same as on the album. Elevation Fly is a different story altogether. :hmm:

LemonMelon said:
Especially the Zoo TV version, which is essentially the same as on the album.

If by "essentially the same" you mean "kicks way more ass," then yes. Yes, you are right. :wink:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom