Rest of U2 Survivor: Achtung Baby - Round 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your Least Favorite Song

• Zoo Station

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Who's Gonna Ride...

Votes: 23 25.8%
  • So Cruel

Votes: 37 41.6%
  • The Fly

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Ultraviolet

Votes: 10 11.2%
  • Acrobat

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Love is Blindness

Votes: 7 7.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
phillyfan26 said:
No. I'm not a big fan of WGRYWH. I think it's a good idea that they never finished. The best version is the album version, but that's still just a demo, IMO.

I don't think it's that bad. It has some very good parts, and when they got it right live, it sounded fantastic. It rose in my opinion when I saw it in Boston - besides being a huge surprise, it was very enjoyable, especially Edge's little solo.

So Cruel is just a little forgettable to me. It's got some good lyrics, a decent melody, but I tend to forget about it.

Pointless rankings...:drool:

1. Mysterious Ways
2. So Cruel
3. Zoo Station
4. Until The End Of The World
5. Even Better Than The Real Thing
6. The Fly
7. One
8. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
9. Acrobat
10. Ultraviolet
11. Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World
12. Love Is Blindness

LM, I was about to say your list is fairly decent, but Acrobat #9 and Love Is Blindness LAST?

:bansyou:

Axver said:
LM, I was about to say your list is fairly decent, but Acrobat #9 and Love Is Blindness LAST?

:bansyou:

:( Sorry. I tried really hard to get into those two, but just can't. LIB is about 30x better live, and I like Acrobat much more than I used to, but I dunno...can't really wrap my mind around their greatness, I suppose. :slant:

Oh yeah, LIB dominates live. I wish Bono had used snippets in it more, because when he did, it was bloody amazing - September 1913, He Wishes For The Cloths Of Heaven, and All Along The Watchtower in LIB are three of the greatest examples of snippetry in U2 history.

Ah, good call.

I made some up that I thought would work. I'd be very interested in Rock n Roll Suicide at the end of LIB.

phillyfan26 said:
Ah, good call.

I made some up that I thought would work. I'd be very interested in Rock n Roll Suicide at the end of LIB.

Shame I'm not familiar with the ones you made up. :wink:

I really want U2 to do The Fly / This Is No Rehearsal (snippet), but I very much doubt Bono has ever heard of Porcupine Tree.

LemonMelon said:
I think my choices for Bad snippets would cause Axver to foam at the mouth.

Ultra Violet (snippet) / Bad / One (snippet) / Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own (snippet) / A Room At The Heartbreak Hotel (snippet) / Babyface (snippet) / In A Little While (snippet)?

Axver said:

Ultra Violet (snippet) / Bad / One (snippet) / Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own (snippet) / A Room At The Heartbreak Hotel (snippet) / Babyface (snippet) / In A Little While (snippet)?

It involves a song from The Bends.

I will say no more.

LemonMelon said:
Electric Co./Electioneering (snippet)

You know you love it.

Alright, I wouldn't mind that. On a non-OKC note, I probably wouldn't mind something like Mofo / Idioteque (snippet) either.

So Cruel:

"so long, my love
it always hurts to see you
everytime I call
you're running out the door
goodbye, good luck
may the earth rise up to meet you
everytime I fall, I can't get off the floor
keep this heart from breaking even more...."

Axver said:
Shame I'm not familiar with the ones you made up. :wink:

Re-phrase: Ones that I made up as snippets, as in, they're real songs, just had never been snippeted by U2 on those songs before.

phillyfan26 said:
Re-phrase: Ones that I made up as snippets, as in, they're real songs, just had never been snippeted by U2 on those songs before.

See, your MLK and October snippets just strike me as sneaking the two songs into the setlist without blowing out its length. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom