Random Music Thread CXIII: Cause Diemen said so

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In other news...

It looks like Apple finally increased the limit on iTunes Match/Apple Music from 25K to 100K. They haven't officially announced it yet, but I am finally able to add music to my cloud library again. Lots of people on Twitter are reporting the same.

Somehow I ended up with a bunch of duplicates when I turned iTunes Match back on, so I have a bit of cleaning up to do, but glad they finally followed through with the promised upgrade.

In other news...

It looks like Apple finally increased the limit on iTunes Match/Apple Music from 25K to 100K. They haven't officially announced it yet, but I am finally able to add music to my cloud library again. Lots of people on Twitter are reporting the same.

Glad to hear this. It's about time.

I was away all week on RYLA, the camp I volunteer on. Wonderful but extremely exhausting.

That pic of Miley was pretty hot. I plan on getting that CLouds re-issue, I love that album, in my Lips top 3 behind Embryonic and Soft Bulletin. The Terror serves its purpose well but is not a very enjoyable album. Heady Fwends on the other hand is a lot of fun and has quite a few great songs on it.

Behold, the shittiest rock album of the year nominees ever:

James Bay, Chaos and the Calm
Death Cab for Cutie, Kintsugi
Highly Suspect, Mister Asylum
Muse, Drones
Slipknot, .5: The Gray Chapter

Not a single remotely good album anywhere in there. Just straight trash from top to bottom. Death Cab doesn't even make "rock" music anymore, let alone good rock music. Muse's album is a total embarrassment. SLIPKNOT.

Just give Kendrick all the awards and go home.

So according to the Grammys, Alabama Shakes is Alternative.

Nice to see Jamie xx get a nomination.

well didn't people call White Stripes alternative?

I personally think lots of "alternative" bands from 90s like Alice in Chains or Soundgarden aren't even alternative

Behold, the shittiest rock album of the year nominees ever:

James Bay, Chaos and the Calm
Death Cab for Cutie, Kintsugi
Highly Suspect, Mister Asylum
Muse, Drones
Slipknot, .5: The Gray Chapter

Just give Kendrick all the awards and go home.

That roster is like everybody's nightmare; and i don't know what the hell Slipknot is doing there, aren't they more "metal"?

Not surprising from an organization who's first ever Heavy Metal award went to Jethro Tull.

Not sure it's fair to look at the very early years of the category as a standard. That may even have been its first year.

well didn't people call White Stripes alternative?

I personally think lots of "alternative" bands from 90s like Alice in Chains or Soundgarden aren't even alternative

Well, they all were alternative. If you're comparing bands to "normal" Top 40 rock like the Rolling Stones, Bon Jovi, etc. they certainly stand apart. That these very bands eventually became part of the Top 40 doesn't change that.

Alternative is as shitty a genre classification as indie.

You have to use something, whether you call it Modern Rock, College Rock, or whatever. I never had a problem with Alternative because it was able to encompass rock as well as more experimental/danceable music.

For the Purity Ring fans out there, the band GEMS released an album recently that out-did them at their own game. It's called Kill the One You Love. Highly recommended album.

You know what's annoying me?

Protomartyr playing at the Echo on a school night. Echo shows start late and have a dozen bands on before the headliner.

All that makes it damn hard to go all the way the hell up there to see a show on a school night.

Stupid day job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom