Random Music Talk XXXVIII: robin-hood-brings-a-rainbow.gif

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
joyfulgirl said:
It just depends on the person's budget. I don't think there are any "supposed to's."

Yes, fair enough. I would just like for my friends to be there

I still haven't given my best couple friends a wedding gift. They got married 7 years ago. At the time they had been living together for years and already had everything under the sun, and I had issues around the fact that I was single and did not get a "welcome to your single life" party with toasters and shit, and was broke at the time. They already had an embarrassment of riches and I didn't have matching silverware. They love me because I don't follow the rules.

I had an Shuttlecockian dream last night. I was on my way to a 'Cock concert and swung by Peefer's house to pick him up. He wasn't expecting me and was quite disconcerted by my knowing where he lived and showing up at his door. He really couldn't get rid of me fast enough.

I had a Shuttlecock dream over the weekend. They decided to play an impromptu show somewhere nearby, after which they'd hop on a plane and land in Moncton. It was a weird venue, like MOMA or something. So I went and it was acoustic with no mics or anything so nobody could hear anything. Then I ran into cori and said, "Wtf are you doing here?! You're in Moncton!!" and she said, "I know, right?"

Group therapy, people.

OH SHIT.

2u77k0z.jpg

Pretty sweet lineup. Is that arranged by stages/festival days? Because that lineup looks super stratified: Pitchfork approved "indie" , metal/punk , hip-hop/electronic/music made by non-white people , comedy tent. If so, that's segregation, which I'm against. I like it when festivals throw varied acts on the same stage, like Odd Future followed by Bon Iver (tho let's face it, the audience for both those acts looks pretty much the same).

Also, Okkervil River is way too low there. They should be headlining the "indie rock" stage or whatever, especially since it's a hometown gig.

Yes, it's separated by genre. "Indie," metal/punk, dance/hip hop, comedy. Can't wait for this shit. Even gonna spring for a VIP pass to take advantage of the free food and beer/side stage viewing.

1. They're liberal with the stage affiliations.

2. Probably not. Those cats are on my Mount Rushmore of worst live acts I've ever seen.

Ha, the Pitchfork article says verbatim what I said about the stages.

No spoken words said:
Who else, Deputy, rank amongst your worst ever live acts???

Oh man. This is a tough one. Gonna have to let this marinate for a while. I've seen some awful, awful bands. I'll be able to cobble something together when I get home.

Wow, the video they posted on the Pitchfork article for the FFF Fest is quite impressive.

Just, for the record and all, I kind of hate Spotify. Like, it's nice, and I'm sure if I forked over the cash I wouldn't mind it much, but I can't even get through one damn album without three ads playing. Three LONG ads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom