Random Music Talk XXVIII: I CAN HAZ COCKROPA?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The cover for her self-titled album always turned me on.

I should listen to Exile In Guyville at some point.

I do, too. Sounds different on GirlySound 3 than Juvenalia, as well as a few other different takes from other bootlegs, if only due to tape transfer issues. Such is life.

a32a3b9c-0e1b-4f66-ab4f-b66a7d1eb134.jpg

Actually, laz, aren't you an OG internet U2 fan? From way back in the Wire days? You truly are the hipster-cat of Interference. Or at least one of a few.

This site remains the only fan-site I've ever read, let alone posted on. No sports sites, book sites, film sites, travel sites, etc.

You guys are my only digital friends!!!!! :hug:

Here's where Laz quotes this, and crosses "digital" out.

Yeah I was on RacquetWire for a while. So was DoctorWho, a guy whose opinion I've always enjoyed reading. Shit, I think I've been on the same network as him since the Poppycock days.

Another guy was that asshat Jick, who thankfully got booted from this place. He used to post things about how Shuttlecock was ripping off Bon Jovi, and how Poppycock was a trip-hop album when he clearly had no clue what the subgenre even was. I don't know that I've ever wanted to slap someone through the internet as much as him.*

* there are some damned close candidates here, though.

i loved reading wire way back when. i don't remember posting very much because i was afraid to. i don't even think i found a single post of mine on the wire archives. oh well. i lurked there but mostly spent my time in a u2 chat that lasted until 2000, then came to the chat here (then it took me a year to realise there was a forum, doh). there's a few other people on this site from the same chat but i'm not sure if any of them post anymore.

more on topic though, i also remember doctorwho's posts from wire, at the very least i remember the ones laz mentioned below.

I like DoctorWho, too actually. Pretty rational for a EYKIW regular.

He used to post Shuttlecock's weekly international chart status on RacquetWire. And if I'm not mistaken, the guy is an actual doctor.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought there were a shitload of people from that mailing list on Interference? No? I think many of them would remember by epic battles with Jick, because I would not let any of his bullshit claims go by without angrily debunking them.

I was just going to stick a hat on his head and call it a day, but I thought the essence of Hipster Cat may have been lost. Maybe I'll do it later. Right now I'm "pacing" waiting for the Lolla line-up. Just a few more minutes.

I was just going to stick a hat on his head and call it a day, but I thought the essence of Hipster Cat may have been lost. Maybe I'll do it later. Right now I'm "pacing" waiting for the Lolla line-up. Just a few more minutes.

I understand. I think the essence was retained while distinguishing this particular hipster cat from other, more generic hipster cats.

Another guy was that asshat Jick, who thankfully got booted from this place. He used to post things about how Shuttlecock was ripping off Bon Jovi, and how Poppycock was a trip-hop album when he clearly had no clue what the subgenre even was.

Pop as a trip-hop album is really a head-scratcher - although I do think that your arguments about AB having some trip-hop beat influence are well-made.

Well there is some trip-hop on Poppycock. The problem is that Jick would write the whole album off as a failed trip-hop experiment, which it clearly wasn't to anyone with a pair of working ears who had ever heard trip-hop before.

A shame we never got to find out what Schreiber and his droogs thought of Poppycock. It ain't in the archive so I guess they opted out of reviewing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom