Random Music Talk XLII: Championship Vinyl Aux Holes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When is Cobbler coming in to ask if 4:13 Dream is a good starting point?

lazarus said:
Or maybe he would like an Cure album that isn't so depressing.

It's a damn fine album, I don't care how depressing it is. But we've already had this discussion, yes, he should probably try Head on the Door.

Or maybe he would like an Cure album that isn't so depressing.

Wild Mood Swings?!?!?!

Seriously, though, what Cure album is not depressing? I suspect that you are going to say KMKMKM, but that one, though comparatively upbeat, is hardly a laugh riot.

Wild Mood Swings?!?!?!

Seriously, though, what Cure album is not depressing? I suspect that you are going to say KMKMKM, but that one, though comparatively upbeat, is hardly a laugh riot.

Comparatively upbeat, and stylistically diverse. Disintegration is an impressive work, but it's drowning in that cliche atmosphere that the band is known to outsiders for, and isn't going to sway a cynic. KMKMKM or Head On The Door would be great places to start.

I'd also say Staring At The Sea, even if that violates the no collections rule.

Kiss Me Kiss Me Kiss Me is a solid record, but it's especially fun for fans. Most newcomers would probably find it tedious and/or indulgent.

Head On The Door for sure, Disntegration after. If you don't like either, fuck you.

I think The 59 Sound and Separation Sunday may be two of my absolute favorite albums. So, yeah.

Shit, this is really tempting.

Domino USA | Two-pane | Dirty Projectors + Bjork | Mount Wittenburg Orca

Domino is to release Mount Wittenberg Orca, the collaborative album from Dirty Projectors and Björk, on LP and CD for the first time on October 24th/25th.

The hand numbered, limited edition LP version will feature a deluxe three-dimensional lenticular sleeve, 180 gram heavyweight vinyl and a deluxe 12 page large-format full color booklet. A very limited number of the LPs will come with an exclusive Dirty Projectors signed photo print of the album cover when purchased from Domino.

The deluxe LP of Mount Wittenberg Orca features 180-gram heavyweight virgin vinyl pressed at 45RPM for maximum hi-fidelity resolution. The sleeve is comprised of a 12x12" three-dimensional lenticular cover of Mount Wittenberg, so realistic that you can almost smell the junipers. Inside is a gorgeous 12-page large-format full-color booklet with stills from the original YouTube films of the Mount Wittenberg environs by director Matthew Lessner ("Stillness Is the Move"), a full-text libretto of the suite and complete liner notes.

All LPs are hand-numbered, limited to only one pressing worldwide. The CD version also features an extensive full color booklet with video stills, libretto and liner notes.

martha said:
Sorry to interrupt the Cure thread, but The Who By Numbers took me to Taco Surf and home again, and I came in here to say that it's a damn fine album.

The Who By Numbers is as self-loathing as anything by The Cure, so you're not taking us far off topic. :wink:

Danny Boy said:
I would say Wish is more upbeat than Kiss Me, but maybe I'm just thinking of Friday I'm In Love.

That's on Wish, but Wild Mood Swings' Mint Car is basically the same song anyway.

:drool::drool::drool:
$30 for an EP is a bit pricey, but Mount Wittenberg Orca was fantastic. May have to keep this in mind...

Yeah, I love that one and still listen to it fairly regularly while waiting for a new Dirty Proj album. I tried to buy one but it can't authenticate my card for some reason. I've never had to deal with something like this before. And it's doubly ridiculous considering I only get paid once a month (today).

So at this point I either decide that this is a sign I shouldn't drop $34 on an EP or whip out the credit card in lieu of the debit. Decision, decisions.

phanan said:
I'll take the post-Waters ones.

Same. Those records are bland and generic, but at least I got the sense that they could keep their drool in their mouths during that period.

Speaking of which, I got an email a couple hours ago with the subject line "David Gilmour is now following you on Twitter." Turns out it was some dude from Jersey, not the singer/songwriter.

What's the etiquette with cousins on Twitter? I'm comfortable adding my cousins on Facebook, but I'm not sure if they want me following their tweets.

I use my debit for records and tickets all the time and have never had a problem. The credit card is paid off completely every month, and I really only use it for groceries and car maintenance. Little things to build credit.

I'll survive with only having this one digitally.

PhilsFan said:
What's the etiquette with cousins on Twitter? I'm comfortable adding my cousins on Facebook, but I'm not sure if they want me following their tweets.

Fuck em. A lot of my aunts and cousins are Facebook friends, but I've restricted the shit out of what they can see. So I doubt they even know how active I am on Twitter.

I use my debit for records and tickets all the time and have never had a problem. The credit card is paid off completely every month, and I really only use it for groceries and car maintenance. Little things to build credit.

I'll survive with only having this one digitally.

I was going to say something all congratulatory and aunt-like and shit, but I'll just stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom