Random Music Talk LXXXVI: SCUBA Is Reporting for Duty

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just listened to those One Direction songs on youtube. What the fuck? It's not even like they were being subtle about stealing

I read something the producer of the Baba O'Riley rip off said and I found it infuriating. When he was asked about the similarities his response was something like "ya, well ours has a synth intro and so does theirs, so there's a bit of similarity.... when we realized it might sound a bit similar...."
shut the fuck up. it's a blatant rip off and the similarities are more than just a "synth intro". ugh. gross.

The top comment is correct. This was a promotional teaser for her new song, and that's the wig she wore in the California Gurls video. It's supposed to symbolic...you know, out with the old, in with the new. On to bigger and better (and darker?) things. Except not really.

It's all very self-important. She's super hot, though. Cool lighter, too.

Kill me now.

Guys, I have bad news:

I guess it's only fitting that she went out doing what she loved: being shared by two guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
No. But in the long run, One Direction won't even be a footnote, and The Who will always have their own chapter.

How dare you!

Guys, I have bad news:

I guess it's only fitting that she went out doing what she loved: being shared by two guys.

Lames McPlains. It was just an alter for the occasional one-off joke. I don't see the harm in sharing it

I know the one that rips off Baba O'Riley, but what's the other one?

Probably the one that cops Should I Stay Or Should I go. I can't remember the name and neither will anyone else in 6 months.

That's the one

Lames McPlains. It was just an alter for the occasional one-off joke. I don't see the harm in sharing it

Someone had to take the fall for all the whoremongering that's been afoot lately. She was the most obvious candidate.

Who else is excited for the VMAs tonight?!?

Feel like I could watch the VMAs tonight, you guys. Scheduled performers:

Gaga
Kanye
J. Timberlake
Miley
Katy Perry
Robin Thicke
Drake
Macklemore and Ryan Lewis
Bruno Mars

It's like the Top 40 station come to life!!!

Scheduled presenters include:

A$AP Rocky
Taylor
Selena
Jimmy Fallon
Bunch of other fuckers

Now a sneak peek at the seating chart!!!

xBQxPCJ.jpg

That's really hot.

leadvpkum.jpg

I wonder if Kim will be there!

image-8.jpg

Lena Dunham and Drake poppin bottles all night!

GirlsAloudFan said:
I just want the NFL to start again, guys. Give it to me.

Hell yeah. I can't stand pre-season though. I'd rather watch baseball between two teams 30 games out. At least it counts for something

Pete's being cool with it bugs me. Because, yes, this was one of the things I was referring to about hating it when musicians get away with coping off of other people. Maybe maybe if this was the only example, I'd say, meh, but the fact is this is twice now within a year they've done this. It's one thing to say you're inspired by other bands, it's a complete other to blatantly steal their music.

Guys, I have bad news:

BIG no no.

Is posting private emails, Private Messages (PMs), chat logs, or Instant Message logs ok?
ONLY if you have the consent of the other party(s) involved in the communication in question. Posting of private communications without the consent of the other party(s) involved is reason to possibly have your forum membership terminated and to be suspended or banned from the forum. This also applies to any private communications which are to or from the site's staff whether they be posted here or elsewhere. In some places, posting of such communications without consent is considered illegal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom