Random Music Talk LXXX: Sordid Details of the GAF-Mark Buehrle Affair

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks a lot everyone. It's a big time right now with a lot going on .

California is likely still a long term goal, but Chicago feels right for the time being for a number of reasons. For one, we know some people there already and some people who are also going to be moving there, one close friend of mine in particular. Plus by all accounts I've heard there's an interesting up and coming film/new-media industry there, along with a lot of independent people working on things and coming out of the films schools and what-not so it's probably a nice place for me to get some experience with a lot of different kinds of work in that area. Not to mention it just seems like a really awesome city and no one's ever told me anything less than that they've loved it there.

* SPOILER *

Beautiful, happy couple! :up:

Thanks a lot everyone. It's a big time right now with a lot going on .

California is likely still a long term goal, but Chicago feels right for the time being for a number of reasons. For one, we know some people there already and some people who are also going to be moving there, one close friend of mine in particular. Plus by all accounts I've heard there's an interesting up and coming film/new-media industry there, along with a lot of independent people working on things and coming out of the films schools and what-not so it's probably a nice place for me to get some experience with a lot of different kinds of work in that area. Not to mention it just seems like a really awesome city and no one's ever told me anything less than that they've loved it there.

* SPOILER *

Your coloration is very similar as are your noses. Are you 100% certain she's not your long lost sister?

Seriously though, congrats.

You would be.

But really it's kind of a gamble. I'm sure we'll enjoy it more than DC at least which neither of us are super fond of. Most people do seen to love it there though so we're hopeful. It's mainly for the people there at this stage and the kind of work I hope to do with them. I've still very much got the bug to live in California though so probably in another few years.

I would love to move back to California, but San Fran or somewhere a bit smaller like Berkeley would be more my speed. L.A. doesn't really seem like my kind of town to be honest.

I would happy moving to a Chicago suburb for now though. It's a terrific city as far as they go, wonderful architecture and fantastic culture with a great deal of personality. The weather and commute sucks but for now I could live with it.

I lived in San Jose for the first few years of my life but I spent the next 16 years in Maryland, which might get even more snow than Chicago on the western end. The winters are absolutely brutal.

At some point, I'd like to move to somewhere very nice in northern Virginia that would allow me to be close to the DC metro area and my parents. The weather is also more bearable there. I'm east coast and always have been, but I'm happy where I am too.

Your parents were smart to get out of San Jose, just like mine were smart to get out of Omaha. Virginia is lovely, but I'm most likely done with snow. 41 years of Southern California had ruined me for living with cold weather. And I'm ok with that.

Congrats, Lance!

This is one of those instances where you see a picture of someone and think "they look nothing like I expected," but you couldn't describe what you thought they looked like if your life depended on it.

The only city I can realistically see myself leaving Chicago for is San Francisco. Chicago has essentially anything you can want in terms of culture. The winters are hellish, though.

I did my stint in Chicago and while I am glad I did, and definitely enjoyed many aspects of the city, it was not a good fit for me overall, not at that stage of my life at least. And, the winters and summers both, for me, were brutal. That being said, all of the good things mentioned in here are true, there's a lot to like about that city, especially now and especially for people around Lance's age.

I'll eventually leave California again, but for now I'm very glad I returned. Been back almost 2.5 years now, amazing how time flies.

In 1 hour and 14 minutes, Fleetwood Mac is going to be doing a show in Chicago that I'm not going to be at. I'm a miserable bastard right now. It's hard to remember that they'll be back in two months and I do have tickets to that show.

Regarding the thread title, we're facing him on Monday and it's gonna be really fucking weird. I hope we light him up, though.

I'm just fuckin around.

My friends are wanting to go see Jurassic Park 3D tonight before we hit the bars. I'm not very excited about it. I've seen the movie a million times, 3D movies give me a headache, and I'm really tired. I might just stay in. I'm not going to stay in, but I'm going to tell myself that I'm at least thinking about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom