Random Music Talk LXXIX: A Tradition Like Many Others

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone heard the Youth Lagoon record? Much like the two Grizzly Bear albums I've heard (not in sound though obviously) the tracks I like I really love, but I can take or leave the rest.

Pretty sure me and Danny Boy both talked about liking it in the last thread. Whole album is really good, solid throughout.

I think they sound more like a weird Animal Collective/Deerhunter hybrid. Don't really hear Grizzly Bear in them at all except maybe in the non-drum percussion tones.

Wait, isn't that the same shirt from last time? It's on sale now?

No not at all. The other one was blue and said Trip to the Death Star on it in french. Also the moon had the face of the emperor on it. That one was a Trip to the Moon parody, I have no idea why this one has French on it.

Also, was it always glow in the dark? I don't like that you have to see it with the lights out to get the joke.

This one, as you have seen is glow in the dark, which is the joke basically. Though I agree, the idea of it needing to be dark to get it means, in all likelihood, no one will ever get it.

Which is why I'm not sold on it.

However, there is another Trip to the Moon parody shirt out today, but it's also a Mario AND Legend of Zelda parody as well. Tempting, but I think I'll pass. It would be my third Trip to the Moon shirt, and I"m not feeling it as much as a shirt, rather than poster.

www.theyetee.com

Pretty sure me and Danny Boy both talked about liking it in the last thread. Whole album is really good, solid throughout.

I think they sound more like a weird Animal Collective/Deerhunter hybrid. Don't really hear Grizzly Bear in them at all except maybe in the non-drum percussion tones.

Oh yeah, there's definitely a bit of Animal Collective in there. I wasn't suggesting they sound like Grizzly Bear at all, just mentioning another artist who put out albums that I don't love with several songs on them that I do.

No not at all. The other one was blue and said Trip to the Death Star on it in french. Also the moon had the face of the emperor on it. That one was a Trip to the Moon parody, I have no idea why this one has French on it.

Weird. I feel like I've seen this before. Wasn't the other one in French too, as the Mélies film is French?

Yeah if this simply had the Death Star with the French translation of "That's no moon" written underneath, I wouldn't even hesitate for $12 and no shipping.

Tough call here.

Weird. I feel like I've seen this before. Wasn't the other one in French too, as the Mélies film is French?
Yes

in french.

:wink:

Yeah if this simply had the Death Star with the French translation of "That's no moon" written underneath, I wouldn't even hesitate for $12 and no shipping.

Tough call here.

I'll spend the day thinking it over. I've purchased a lot of shirts lately.

Hearing Microsoft Sam ask Liam to be his wife was one of the high points of my time here at Interference.

Bonobo really can do no wrong for me:

Bonobo : Cirrus [Official Video] - YouTube

Really lovely and hypnotic track with a great buildup. It's pretty awesome that the video has over a million views as well. :up: The whole album is beautiful, just like the last one. This dude is definitely one of my favorites in electronic music today. His music is very accessible and growing more song-oriented all the time, and that's just fine with me.

See my posts in the upcoming albums thread. That song's electro crack.

Tonight I went to an outdoor cinema that was screening LCD Soundsystem's entire final concert. First time I'd seen it since that awesome Sunday morning/afternoon in April 2011. Man, it really is fucking incredible. And they ended like that, with white balloons pouring throughout MSG as the final notes of New York I Love You But You're Bringing Me Down played out. Just a really fucking brilliant band that I feel privileged to have experienced in real time, and seen live.

Really cool to see a bunch of people huddled in a courtyard, dancing their arses off to a DVD on a big screen. Yeah was fucking nuts.

Damn, Bonobo's a thing I've been meaning to check out more extensively for a while. Really like what I've heard in the past. It wouldn't be completely awful to Cobbler the new one, would it?

Lolla is supposed to have both Wilco and the National, too, I think. At least that's what I've heard.

And yeah it was disappointing to hear Tame Impala all day on that commercial yesterday. Oh, well. They needed that CASH MONEY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom