Random Music Talk CXI: W Sellin' VW To Me?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm surprised Cobbler hasn't already evangelised here about how today is the greatest day of the year: AFL grand final day.

Come join us - the game begins at 2:30pm Australian eastern time, so 12:30am US eastern or 9:30pm over on the Pacific coast.

It's contested this year by the Hawthorn Hawks, one of the ten Victoria-based clubs in the eighteen-team Australian Football League, versus the West Coast Eagles from Perth. Hawthorn are looking to win their third premiership in a row (a feat only achieved by Brisbane in the modern era), while West Coast want to complete a fairytale season - last year they did not even make the finals.

These are the two highest-scoring, most attacking teams in the competition. Hawthorn are one of the most well-oiled machines to ever take the footy field, while West Coast boast this season's top goal-scorer, Josh Kennedy. It should be exciting.

If you need any more encouragement, I'm sure that Cobbler when he shows up can entice you in with pretty pictures. But you shouldn't need any more encouragement. Don't take Cobbler's word for it - take a (potentionally traitorous) New Zealander's: this is the greatest sport on the planet.

[Double post - because even the Internet thinks this ought to be emphasised.]

I'm surprised Cobbler hasn't already evangelised here about how today is the greatest day of the year: AFL grand final day.

Come join us - the game begins at 2:30pm Australian eastern time, so 12:30am US eastern or 9:30pm over on the Pacific coast.

It's contested this year by the Hawthorn Hawks, one of the ten Victoria-based clubs in the eighteen-team Australian Football League, versus the West Coast Eagles from Perth. Hawthorn are looking to win their third premiership in a row (a feat only achieved by Brisbane in the modern era), while West Coast want to complete a fairytale season - last year they did not even make the finals.

These are the two highest-scoring, most attacking teams in the competition. Hawthorn are one of the most well-oiled machines to ever take the footy field, while West Coast boast this season's top goal-scorer, Josh Kennedy. It should be exciting.

If you need any more encouragement, I'm sure that Cobbler when he shows up can entice you in with pretty pictures. But you shouldn't need any more encouragement. Don't take Cobbler's word for it - take a (potentionally traitorous) New Zealander's: this is the greatest sport on the planet.

Haha I do normally do that post! I wholeheartedly agree with Axver, and it should be a really good game too. It's 9:42am and I've had my first beer.

And no, I've not heard any other Dan Deacon. So if it gets better we could have an all-timer.

Haha I do normally do that post! I wholeheartedly agree with Axver, and it should be a really good game too. It's 9:42am and I've had my first beer.

I was really surprised to find you hadn't done one already! I came into B&C expecting to read one. So I thought I better justify holding an Australian passport. Better be a fucking better game than the All Blacks stumbling through the motions against Georgia in the Rugby World Cup this morning.

Cracked open my first beer at 7:45am. :up:

This really is adult Christmas.

Liam's pathetic excuse for a state of this great country follows the only sport in the world where to progress you have to literally go backwards.

As far as I'm concerned, there is no Australia north of, oh, about Bell Street, Coburg.

That Kid Cudi song is one chord, except for when he occasionally moves up one fret. I think even Brokencyde puts more effort into their terrible music.

Julia Holter: Have You in My Wilderness. This album builds more impressively than anything I've heard in a long time. Vasquez is one of the songs of the year IMO.

I have decided to buy that album without listening to it first, such has been the praise for it. I hope I like it.

Also it's good to see some love for Bryan Adams. Is he a bit lame? Sure. But we have had terrible pre-game entertainment for years and he just got up there and smashed out three hits and it sounded great. Just good, no-nonsense, ear-friendly light rock music. Nothing wrong with that.

Julia Holter: Have You in My Wilderness. This album builds more impressively than anything I've heard in a long time. Vasquez is one of the songs of the year IMO.
It's an amazing album. I also loved Holter's past albums but they were less accessible and less good. They had some beautiful moments but weren't as consistent throughout. Now she finally has enough songs to make a consistently great album.

I thought nothing would even come close to To Pimp A Butterfly and Carrie & Lowell this year but this album is proving me wrong.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom