Random Music CXXVI: The Woy Eet Eez

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
His turning point came in his open support of Trump. At the start of the decade, Kanye was still the bloke who said George Bush doesn't care about black people. A decade later and he's openly supporting Trump. He's betrayed who we was, in my view. I will still listen to his music as I believe in separating art and artist, but there's been a noticeable drop in quality from 2017 onwards.

it's kinda unbelievable to me that he was in full MAGA mode less than five years after writing new slaves.

Breaking away from the Fork for a second, I encourage anyone who has been turned off by Danny Brown in the past to listen to his new album. Very mature, focused and old school project executive produced by Q-Tip. 11 tracks, 34 minutes, an absolute joy from start to finish. It's not my favorite album he's put out, but it might be his most repayable. Think of the transition from Atrocity Exhibition to it like To Pimp a Butterfly to DAMN. Just a super dope, more concise album from a high level artist.

Seriously, anyone who likes hip hop should find something they enjoy in there. Best Life and Combat? Get the fuck out of here. Those are crazy good.

"I die for this shit like Elvis"

Last edited:
Ranking 2019 rap records I've heard:

1. Denzel Curry - Zuu
2. Danny Brown - uknowhatimsayin
3. Rapsody - Eve
4. Freddie Gibbs & Madlib - Bandana
5. 2 Chainz - Rap or Go to the League
6. Tyler - IGOR
7. ScHoolboy Q - CrasH Talk

(Lizzo would be number #1 on this tho)

And this is my top song:

I fucking love Curry's voice :drool:

Oh I just thought of another glaring omission from both the songs and albums list if the goal is cultural significance. Sia's "1000 Forms Of Fear" album spawned three huge singles - "Chandelier", "Elastic Heart", and "Big Girls Cry" - that were ALL over the place.

Some of my favorite pure pop material of the decade right there.

And the fact that Sia was dang near 40 when she broke out *as a female pop star* is something that should be immortalized. If the list is about cultural relevance or impact, I don’t know why Sia isn’t on there.

Yeah, I would love to know their thought process behind what mainstream pop music makes it and what doesn't. That's a good pickup. No Shallow, either.

1. Denzel Curry - Zuu
3. Rapsody - Eve
6. Tyler - IGOR

And this is my top song:

I fucking love Curry's voice :drool:
You haven't heard the Little Simz album yet? Check that out ASAP. She's amazing.

I was underwhelmed by Eve but loved Igor. Zuu is hard, I just wish there were more songs and fewer skits.

And, right on cue, Pitchfork give Ghosteen an 8.8 :laugh: that's two albums in a row BNM (Skeleton Tree got 9.0) and he doesn't feature either list hahahaha

And the fact that Sia was dang near 40 when she broke out *as a female pop star* is something that should be immortalized. If the list is about cultural relevance or impact, I don’t know why Sia isn’t on there.

I've met Sia's mother. /uselessfact

Revisiting some albums from the last decade and I forgot how good Foo Fighters’ “Wasting Light” is. [emoji106]

1. Denzel Curry - Zuu
3. Rapsody - Eve
6. Tyler - IGOR

Man, I am so far out of the loop on hip hop right now. Literally have never heard a single track by any of those artists save for Tyler.

i'm absolutely certain that at some point you've heard a track that madlib produced, even if you didn't know it. he's been around for decades and has worked with nearly every major name in hip hop in that time. if you've never heard the madvillainy album you need to drop whatever you're doing and go listen to it right now.

also having a hard time believing that you've never heard one song by schoolboy q, being somewhat of a kendrick fan.

either way thank you for the excuse to post this:

Very lovely. She is/was an art lecturer and used to be in a punk band back in the 70s/80s as well I think. The resemblance between the two is pretty undeniable.

That’s pretty badass. Also sounds like Sia’s character and style might then be influenced by her?

Breaking away from the Fork for a second, I encourage anyone who has been turned off by Danny Brown in the past to listen to his new album. Very mature, focused and old school project executive produced by Q-Tip. 11 tracks, 34 minutes, an absolute joy from start to finish. It's not my favorite album he's put out, but it might be his most repayable. Think of the transition from Atrocity Exhibition to it like To Pimp a Butterfly to DAMN. Just a super dope, more concise album from a high level artist.

Seriously, anyone who likes hip hop should find something they enjoy in there. Best Life and Combat? Get the fuck out of here. Those are crazy good.

"I die for this shit like Elvis"

Danny's been killing it lately. Probably my favorite rapper.

"I have a third phone for when I'm streaming. Don't wanna send out, you know, like a dick pick or something."

Pitchfork isn't even aiming at millenials at this point (of which 18-20 year olds aren't even a part of). They're just aiming for what makes them look hip to the socially conscious, and that's fine, I suppose, but don't call this a best of the 2010s list, then, call it most important albums, and move on. Otherwise, this is all a waste of time, meant only for us to whine and bitch about on the internet while white guys are apparently supposed to self-flagellate about how music by white guys isn't actually good... For reasons.

Blonde being #1 is a joke, but what's the point. Someone's wrong on the internet... Again.

It's so fucking weird looking at him with calm hair and a full set of teeth. I fucking love him and god I think we'd be friends. I am playing Fire Emblem right now and he's bang on. His Hot Ones episode is hilarious too.

Otherwise, this is all a waste of time, meant only for us to whine and bitch about on the internet while white guys are apparently supposed to self-flagellate about how music by white guys isn't actually good... For reasons.

10f.gif

Back
Top Bottom