Random Facts and Confessions V7.0

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My friend is rather strict with her kids and, consequently, her kids are much better behaved in public than my son is. But last night at her house, I witnessed her son behaving, well, like a normal kid. It was at my kid's expense - her son hit my kid in the head repeatedly - and so I had several reactions.
a) WTF? Stop hitting my kid! :angry: :madwife:
b) Doesn't matter how many rules you impose - kids will be kids :giggle: :rolleyes:
c) I'm glad my kid didn't hit back. :love:

:up:

Confession;

I was very tempted to buy an illegal copy of Avatar on DVD for $5. Flawless picture and sound.

But I didn't.

fixed it for ya :wink:

One of my mates gets new movies all the time (flawless picture and sound, I might add). No need to buy, you can just skim through new releases and get them burned as you like. Handy, though I still go to the cinema sometimes.

I need a friend like that :)

Uh..This may be a stupid suggestion but try to get a job?

5 years ago this would of been a good suggestion but in 2010 Britain it does seem a stupid question. The only jobs going are in call centres with a staff turnover resembling the revolving door. Graduates are fighting for these jobs and settling at min wage. Thats about the scale of the current British job market.

Im currently looking at a career in the Royal Navy.

No, i dont go out to get drunk any more. Those wild days are long gone.

5 years ago this would of been a good suggestion but in 2010 Britain it does seem a stupid question. The only jobs going are in call centres with a staff turnover resembling the revolving door. Graduates are fighting for these jobs and settling at min wage. Thats about the scale of the current British job market.

Im currently looking at a career in the Royal Navy.

No, i dont go out to get drunk any more. Those wild days are long gone.

Well even if it's a shitty job, it's still a job, it gets money in. You can always start out in a shitty job to pay the bills and keep searching for a decent one. The good thing about being in the pit we're in now is that the only way left is up. There'll be more jobs in the future, and better ones.

Navy sounds pretty cool. :up:

Well even if it's a shitty job, it's still a job, it gets money in. You can always start out in a shitty job to pay the bills and keep searching for a decent one. The good thing about being in the pit we're in now is that the only way left is up. There'll be more jobs in the future, and better ones.

Navy sounds pretty cool. :up:

Not necessarily on topic, but really? :eyebrow: I think there's still quite a bit of room for downward mobility, esp. in my field.

Well there's always a deeper ditch to fall in, but you could at least try to look at it positively?

My friends are getting cut left and right. Last night on the news, they announced that my friend, who does the exact same job I do at another high school is losing her job. If the sales tax increase doesn't pass, the state is looking at cutting ALL but the bare essentials in every school. I guess I could try to look at it positively but that doesn't seem very realistic.

^meh. At this point, I've been thinking about it and stressing over it so long and so much that I think I'll actually be surprised if, come August, I actually do still have a job. :shrug: Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

The job market is just brutal at the moment. Gone are the job's for life that the older generations spoke so fondly of.

Yeah today ( Thursday ) I went down to the Military careers office to speak to an advisor. The logistics branch of the Royal navy appeals to me because alot of it is relevant to what I'm currently studying on my degree ( Business Management ).
My dad keeps banging on, expecting me to " walk into " an officer rank as soon as I join, which despite my qualifications I think is very unlikely. I feel like I'm going to disappoint him.
I just want to join at the pits and work my way up. I expect nothing on a plate.

i'm going to see a careers advisor at uni next week i've decided. all i've ever wanted to be is a sports writer, and while there aspects of that that still greatly appeal to me, i really don't have the drive. i should be applying for things all over the place; i'm not. you have to be ruthless.

I went to a rally/demonstration about the tax increase to support education/public safety/health and human services yesterday. It felt good to do something instead of just worrying/complaining.

At the moment I'm so fed up with the fact that my boyfriend (who I want to show so much love and care right now without only texting or Skyping or chatting) is 670 kms away from me. I really wish I could just call him up without phone bills rocketing sky high and say "Hi, want to go grab some dinner and a movie tonight?". I really need him right now... It just sucks pretty badly. Sorry for this rant :(

At the moment I'm so fed up with the fact that my boyfriend (who I want to show so much love and care right now without only texting or Skyping or chatting) is 670 kms away from me. I really wish I could just call him up without phone bills rocketing sky high and say "Hi, want to go grab some dinner and a movie tonight?". I really need him right now... It just sucks pretty badly. Sorry for this rant :(

Awwww, sweetie . . . hang in there! :hug:

I went to a rally/demonstration about the tax increase to support education/public safety/health and human services yesterday. It felt good to do something instead of just worrying/complaining.

Good money going after bad. These services waste so much money due to poor practice and mismanagement. Lets fix the pipes before we turn the tap on.

i'm going to see a careers advisor at uni next week i've decided. all i've ever wanted to be is a sports writer, and while there aspects of that that still greatly appeal to me, i really don't have the drive. i should be applying for things all over the place; i'm not. you have to be ruthless.
good luck! i went into uni wanting to be a sports writer, and came out after majoring in radio and wanting to work in that. i'm as likely to end up with a paid job in radio as i am a nuclear physicist.

Good money going after bad. These services waste so much money due to poor practice and mismanagement. Lets fix the pipes before we turn the tap on.

um... that one cent is the only thing keeping me from unemployment right now. Thanks. How's that job hunt workin' for ya? Fix your own goddamned pipes and I"ll keep putting food on my son's plate.

I know exactly how it feels. :hug: Yes, the distance sucks very much. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom