proposed 2013 25th Anniversary Rattle & Hum tracklisting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheWanderer

The Fly
U2%201988%20Bono%20@%20Point%20Depot%20Smaller.jpg

This is an even less likely release than my 20th Anniversary Zooropa release, but honestly, if they haven't released a new album by xmas 2013, I would bet both of those come out for the empire to keep growing. And I think it would be seriously cool to release both those reissues at the same, as a testament of the wide gambit U2 musically runs. And have a limited "U2/25/20 Box" of both or something.

u2bono-edge-mullen15.jpg

Disc 2:

1) Surely there is at least one quality outtake from the R&H sessions
2) A Room At The Heartbreak Hotel
3) Hallelujah Here She Comes
4) Everlasting Love
5) Unchained Melody
6) Dancing Barefoot (Short Version)
7) Jesus Christ
8) Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)
9) Desire (Hollywood Remix)
10) God Part II (The Hard Metal Dance Mix)
11) When Love Comes To Town (Live From The Kingdom Mix)
12) Love Rescue Me (Live with Ziggy Marley)

And if we get greedy, the following from the movie, or maybe some highlights from the 12/31/89 Dublin show or the full show):

13) Exit (Live)
14) In God's Country (Live)
15) Bad (Live)
16) Where The Streets Have No Name / MLK
17) With or Without You (Live)
18) Running To Stand Still (Live)
19) Sunday Bloody Sunday (Live)

well...how about 'She's A Mystery To Me" and "Can't Help Falling In Love", both recorded by the band at Sun Studios in Memphis in 1987.
And they recorded "She's Gonna Blow Your House Down" in these sessions. Tried it again during the AB Sessions. Because it's on the AB re-issue the 1987 version probably won't see the day of light.

I think this will be a good one. My wish is that they would release a DVD of a full Lovetown show. I feel that is an era of U2's history rarely discussed, I know the band was miserable during this time, but the bootlegs I have are some of the best performances of their entire career!

Actually, Lovetown tour reminds me a little bit of 360 tour in 2011. A band at a crossroads. It won't surprise me if in a couple years, once the next era begins, we hear about how the 2010-11 was quite a difficult time for them.

Also, it is pathetic that I'm already worried that the impending release of the Rattle and Hum remaster will affect the release of the next U2 album. Fall 2013 seems like a likely time to release both... I'd certainly take a new album!

I'm still pissed off that they've skipped RAH so far. There is SO much material from the era that's crying out for a release - Wild Irish Rose, She's A Mystery To Me, and early Heartland in particular. They're sitting on a tonne of stuff that's just gathering dust.

well...how about 'She's A Mystery To Me" and "Can't Help Falling In Love", both recorded by the band at Sun Studios in Memphis in 1987.
Thanks -- I was wondering the other day if they'd ever recorded a studio take of "She's A Mystery To Me". Surely that's one of their finest late 80s songs? Am I correct in assuming the studio cut has never been issued...?

gosh, i just have no interest in this unless there are some outtakes that we haven't heard yet, like early versions of songs.

I'm still pissed off that they've skipped RAH so far. There is SO much material from the era that's crying out for a release - Wild Irish Rose, She's A Mystery To Me, and early Heartland in particular. They're sitting on a tonne of stuff that's just gathering dust.

What a glorious day it will be when Wild Irish Rose gets a proper release! I just hope it wont get a 2010's makeover!!

It's a shame that the proper version of Night and Day has never been featured on a U2 release! It was an important step on the way to AB and should have been on the re-release of that.

Back to R&H, I'm sure there must be plenty of material lying around that can be used, but are they willing to revisit the scene of their first big "fall from grace"(in their eyes.) Which is a shame as the music was fine on Rattle and Hum, just small bits of the movie were ill-guided.

DVD:

- Rattle & Hum Videos
- Lovetown 1989 doc
- Dublin New Year's Concert 1989
- Wild Irish Rose 1990 special
- Smile Jamaica 1988 concert

:heart:

Wow, ashamed to admit it, somehow the song Wild Irish Rose had passed me by after all these decades and bootlegs. Absolutely stunning. Brilliant! This needs a release so bad. Dark and sultry and passionate. Melody and voice reminds me of Ballad of Springhill.

I've always felt the Steel String Remix of Night & Day far eclipses the standard version. It's less brooding, but more grooving. Same thing for Can't Help Falling in Love, the soundtrack version is just silly, but the Twin Peaks Remix is awe inspiring.

My dreamed R&H super deluxe box :drool:

CD2: B-sides and rarities

B-sides

- Hallelujah (Here She Comes) (4:12)
- Desire (Hollywood Remix) (5:23)
- Angel of Harlem (Remix) (3:47)
- A Room at the Heartbreak Hotel (5:29)
- Love Rescue Me (Live from London, October 16, 1988) (5:24)
- Dancing Barefoot (Short) (4:13)
- Dancing Barefoot (Long) (4:47)
- When Love Comes to Town (Live from the Kingdom Mix) (7:28)
- God Part II (Hard Metal Dance Mix) (4:46)
- When Love Comes to Town (Single Version) (3:34)
- All I Want is You (Single Edit) (4:14)
- Unchained Melody (4:52)
- Everlasting Love (3:20)
- Night and Day (original version) (5:21)
- unreleased track 1
- unreleased track 2

CD3: R&H Soundtrack songs (from the film but not included on CD) & more rarities

- Van Diemend's Land (different version)
- Desire (demo)
- Exit/Gloria (live)
- I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For (Rehearsal)
- Angel Of Harlem (Demo)
- In God's Country (Live)
- Bad/Ruby Tuesday/Sympathy For The Devil (Live)
- Where The Streets Have No Name (Live)
- MLK (Live)
- With Or Without You (Live)
- Running To Stand Still (Live)
- Sunday Bloody Sunday (Live)
- Jesus Christ
- Christmas (baby please come home)
- Wild Irish Rose

DVD: as I posted before

- Rattle & Hum Videos
- Lovetown 1989 doc
- Dublin New Year's Concert 1989
- Wild Irish Rose 1990 special
- Smile Jamaica 1988 concert

:heart:

Wow, ashamed to admit it, somehow the song Wild Irish Rose had passed me by after all these decades and bootlegs. Absolutely stunning. Brilliant! This needs a release so bad. Dark and sultry and passionate. Melody and voice reminds me of Ballad of Springhill.

Wild Irish Rose is a brilliant song, indeed.

I really doubt U2 want to revisit this period artistically. I see the point in a 25 year set but personally and artistically, I see this one being discarded. Could be more damaging than beneficial.

revisit? Nobody's asking the band to re-record R&H songs
That would sucks :down:

A phenomenal album and era when U2 dominated the world. Unfortunately, a lot of newer fans believe the hype that this was a misstep.

Yes, I'm sure there will be a deluxe version of R&H. I can't wait to hear official releases of Wild Irish Rose, maybe even a finished "We Almost Made it This Time?"

Versions of Springfield Mining Disaster and Maggie's Farm could be amazing!

Wonder why U2 doesn't represent this album more in their setlists? It was obviously a HUGe seller, and Desire, Angel of Harlem and All I want is you are very well known hit singles. Desire and to a lesser extent AOH haven't been played regularly or properly since Zoo TV, however. It's a crime, it is!

A phenomenal album and era when U2 dominated the world. Unfortunately, a lot of newer fans believe the hype that this was a misstep.
I agree. The album was enormous, received great reviews, and U2 won all the fan polls as "best artist" and "best album" in its wake. The record sold about ten billion copies and cemented their status as the world's biggest group. The media backlash that set in came well after the record, and had more to do with over-exposure than anything musical.

The band, however, appear to be so scared of the minor setback in popular profile they experienced in 1989 and 1997 that they're scared to revisit these essential periods.

To make the Rattle & Hum record as good as The Joshua Tree, all you have to do is delete the inessential live tracks and add "Hallelujah Here She Comes".

To make the Rattle & Hum record as good as The Joshua Tree, all you have to do is delete the inessential live tracks and add "Hallelujah Here She Comes".[/QUOTE/]

Agreed. You've just inspired me to make this modified version of R&H the official album of this day for me. Listen to it while in the car, maybe some at work, and when I get home. Thanks!

PS- I think I'll also add room at the heartbreak hotel and dancing barefoot to make it an awesome 12 song album.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom