Probably this is the most stupid post ever, but I do need advice...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VicksSs

Refugee
Hey people. I'm writing because I honestly don't know what to do, and you are so nice with people here that I thought I'd at least get it off my chest. Well, here's the deal

This may sond very stupid, but I really don't know if I should change of school. I mean, every morning when I wake up I get up happy in general, but then I remember I had to do this or that at school and I really feel awful. i go to school listening to U2 every day, and when I finally arrive, my mood suddenly changes... to the worse.

I was never a lazy person, but this year
(school's about to end here) I've been feeling reclutant to work, not because tasks are boring or anything, but because I dislike teachers (believe it or not, it affects me a lot) or because I'm not feeling comfortable with most of my schoolmates.

That been said, I've got 3 people, which you would call my best friends, but I really don't feel them like that. One of them is always dependant on the other, who listens to what you would call cool music here, and who knows lots of people. Otherwise, she is dependant on the third one, who is supposedly her best best friend, but this third girl feels distant from her lately. The point is, she isn't too keen on me although at first sight you'd say she is, and I'm really keen on her.

Then the other friend who listens to cool music knows so many people she doesn't care about anyone individually, she just argues with one and goes with another, and on and on, and I feel she does that with me and it sucks. I need her, she doesn't need me.

Then this third girl I was talking about earlier, she is so cold... She doesn't do well at a test, for instance, and she'd just get angry with everyone, I mean, what the heck for, it is not other people's fault... and she isn't so keen on me either as I am on her, again. I feel she is envious and that is so sad... I've talked to her about getting angry and not wanting to talk about it, for example, but she'd just shut off the next time this happens.

This is turning into such a long post, the point is I dunno if this is me going through a bad stage (I don't think it is as this has been happening for the whole year now) or if I really don't have friends who love me and a nice atmosphere to go to study to every day.

And next year will be my last year, so I wouldn't like to spoil it taking the wrong decision... I've been in this school since I am 8, now I am 16... Help please!!!

NOTE: I do no other activity than school and don't have any other friends than those, except U2 fans I chat with :hug:

You could go to another school, yes. But with one year left do you think you would even be happy at another school you don't know anyone at all?

Maybe your last note there may be the answer. Get off of the internet and do some extra curricular activites. Go volunteer. Go out for a run. Just try something different.

I hope your outlook changes. Goodluck :up:

Wow your position is quite similiar to mine. The only thing I really enjoy now is listening to music before and after school. Most of my closest friends graduated last year so this year...yeah I have some people, but it's not the same. Additionally we lost some of our best teachers so now I don't like my teachers much, and that does make a huge difference. And school's been so much harder this year yet I've had this sudden aversion to doing work.

Is it worth it for just one year? That's what I'm trying to figure out, though I was actually considering switching at semester break, but I don't think that's gonna happen. I guess the thing is, if you're not happy and you have another option, then it's at least worth a shot, isn't it? After I finished my 8th grade year [middle school] I decided to move in with my dad instead of my mom - not just a new school but a whole new town where I virtually knew no one. But I had been depressed at my old school and sick of being with the same people and same place and everything. The change was really hard at first and I was depressed for awhile, but I made new friends and adjusted and was relatively happy and glad that I moved.

So, you could change schools, though it may be hard at first, and do you want to go through such a drastic change your senior year? On the other hand, it could make you happier. I know I want to enjoy high school, but I guess you can't always be happy.

Extracirricular activies can be fun - are you athletic at all? how bout school clubs? the only thing is the school clubs I joined were basically to hang out with my friends after school, and if you're having problems with your friends, that might not be the best. But it could give you a chance to meet new people.

Have you tried talking to your friends about it? I mean, maybe they really care a lot but they just don't know how to show it or don't realize you're feeling kinda down. I dunno. Whatever you decide, I wish you the best of luck.

Highschool isn't supposed to be easy, fun, enjoyable, or something you want to remember for the rest of your life. It may be that way, but it may not be.

For me, it was desolate, and I was alone in school, until junior/senior year. What you need to focus on is doing well in school. Everything else has almost no bearing later in life.

However, use this time to learn about yourself, and see how you interact with others. ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND is that YOU are going through CHANGES.

Every year will be different, whether you see it or not. There is so so much change that it may be hard to create a stability that some need for happiness. All in all, there are advantages to a change of atmospher, especially if in your mind, you associate a certain place or building with acting in a cerain way.

But more so, let yourself become a stronger person. Adversity is like miracal grow......

But really, it's more like working out. If you get too much you injur yourself. BUt without it you get saggy, limp, idle, and too weak to do any good.

That's how I feel about it, any way.

Also, try to learn how to do things that you don't want to do.
That's part of life, baby...

Well well, let's see. With my friends, I've talked it over a hundred thousand times, and I'm really glad I got to talk in the firt place because in this small group of friends that we are (it's four of us as you may have noticed) we neer talked anything and I really felt we needed to talk. OK, so I insisted and we finally did, but I feel over and over aghain things are getting back to "normal", that is to say, bad, at least for me. This kid of "depression" I've had it last year as well, and for the same reasons, but I got over it and tried to "thanks God for what I have", but you know, the problem has returned and I feel there's no way out now, and i've started thinking that if the solution was always to thank God, then noone would ever take risks and would stay miserable forever :huh:. I mean, I do thank for what I've' got, but I can do certain things to improve my condition, so... I dunno.

Now, I take into consideration this year's almost over and next year is my last year, but it's not just my closest friends that i don't like at school, not even my teachers: it's the whole class. This year they "mixed" us, boys with girls, because we used to be boys and girls separate, but this year they changed that. "Nice timing", you might think, and you are right... but that's how organised my school is, and it is like that in every single aspect: religion at school SUCKS, it reminds me soooooooo much of the Zoo TV phrase "religion is a club", because it actually is like that at school. That's other reason why I don't want to join school clubbs, plus the facts that there aren't those at school :(

Going back to my classmates, most of the girls are annoying (there is a VERY annoying one, really, the most deceptive person you'll ever meet, the problem with this girl has been there for 3 years now...) and boys are the typical middle high class boys who are spoilt and arggghhh it makes me sick.

And AtomicBono, this year my sister's in senior year and she's got some friends that I really enjoy being with at school and sometimes when I'm feeling down I'd just go to her clasroom to be with them. This reminds me so much of you because next year my sister and her friends won't be there and I 'll feel this loneliness x100, you know.

I'm scared of a sudden change of school as well, but last year I planned to do it, I didn't, and now look at me. The saddest thing of all is that you look at me at school and you wouldn't say I'm sad you know, but this whole thing of pretending just makes me sick... these closest 3 friedns, who I've known since I'm 8, I really can't see how they don't realise it. Or maybe they just don't want to.

OMG, this is turning into the longest post again :huh: Lat quick thig, if I cahnge schools it'll be a school close to home, + if I make friends they'll be close to home, and at this school it isn't so... I barely go out at all on weekends :(

THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH for your support :hug:

aww Vicksss i know exactly how you feel. all our good teachers have gone just when teh important stuff starts. :( i think also as well as the teachers, the palce youre learning has an effect on your learning, and the 2 together means youre doomed. :huh: im like that in physics, teh teachers crap, and i hate teh room, therefore I'm 4 months overdue with my coursework. :|

im having a really hard time coping with all the work.

but about your "friends", well, i wouldnt know how to help you. you should try talkin gto them about it, and how fed up you are.

well, put it this way, if you do decide to leave them or whatever, you may end up by yourself, you may not.

if you move schools, you may end up by yourself, you may not. :huh: i only have one real friend whom ive known since i was 8, everyone else who where friends in primary school have broken up etc. after school stuffs always sports and stuff too, which is no use for me. :wink:

er...with regards to going out/doing stuff, try taking up and instrument, you can go to group lessons, you may find a nice guy. :sexywink: and even start a band. :wink:

conclusion: i have no idea how any of this will help you!!!

:lol: Hey moomoo :wave: it does help, any experience does help :)

I doplay the guitar by myslef, there's some cool online lessons and I'm glad I'verelly made some progress :D I found the numer to a teahcer who gives some lessons, but heck knows why, I never called him. Mybe I'll call him when next year starts, I dunno... That and U2 are the nly things that keep me good, so I guess I'll have to phone that teacher :) Thanks!

I'm gonna go to school tomorrow and se how things are, try to think calmly, at the moment, I can't see the moment to get the hell out of that school :madspit:

Back
Top Bottom