post a yes if you want more of edge's singing in the next albums to come!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes..but not a whole song , more like MD.

Cheers ,

Mauwer

p.s. I always thought Stand Bye Me of the Zoo TV Tour was very cool.Edge taking over the last verse and chorus:rockon:

Yes, please:

Seconds (Studio)

Van Diemen's Land (Studio, Live – wow!)

Party Girl (Live – awesome ...)

Numb (ok, maybe not that one ...)

Sunday Bloody Sunday (great version!)

... we need at least one Edge lead vocal spot on the album & even more live. Would mean, too, U2 could play longer sets ...

i meant more like MD and Seconds, trading parts, also like his lil part in the live version of In a Little While, boston DVD... i'm NOT suggesting that edge must be the lead vocalist, and move bono to the rythm guitar position

edge has got a great voice, his background vocals for SBS are amazing, as well as his streets part, just listen to the Karaoke Vids on youtube, he's great, not too flashy, not too crappy, just right, u know

Ok not looking to start anything, but seriously, what some of you are saying is absolutely ridiculous and nonsense really...

Edge taking over vocals or taking a more central role??? Edge having a stronger voice at any point???

LOL, people....edge IS AN AWESOME BACK UP SINGER, but can sing only some parts of some songs like stand by me....

Bono's incredibly dynamic voice (yes even when he is having an off day) is what makes him so great...someone hit the nail on the head when they said edge has a timid voice..YES, this is exactly right... edge has a far thinner voice that has not nearly the dynamic qualities of Bono's voice to take over a more "central" role as far as vocals go....yes he could, but would it be beneficial for the band's sound? i think not...

edge's thin voice suits him perfectly to compliment bono and sing parts of songs like in SYCMIOYO, and certain short segments of songs like Miracle Drug....

even in Van Diemen's Land...edge's voice is simply not impassioned enough the way Bono's is...but beautiful in a different way, one that perfectly fits the back up vocals role...alright enough said! :)

of course this is just my opinion but i'm really surprised to see people's responses..doesn't make any sense...

Rob33 said:
Ok not looking to start anything, but seriously, what some of you are saying is absolutely ridiculous and nonsense really...

Edge taking over vocals or taking a more central role???
I don't honestly think anyone is suggesting Edge take over the majority of the singing. Edge's voice isn't quite as colorful as Bono's, that is true. But I see nothing wrong with a balanced duet, or even giving him one song on the album.

After all, the Beatles were still the Beatles even when Ringo sang lead! :wink:

GibsonGirl said:
YES. I would be thrilled if Edge sang lead on one song (preferably more!) I love his voice. He needs to use it more often.

I COMPLETELY agree.

I was also listening 2 their live per4mance of "The Wanderer" earlier 2day, thinking.... they need 2 play this track on their next tour.

Rob33 said:

Edge taking over vocals or taking a more central role??? Edge having a stronger voice at any point???

Listen to Popmart Sarajevo. Specifically, listen to Edge sing Sunday Bloody Sunday, then Bono immediately subsequently sing Bullet The Blue Sky. Who sings better? You guessed it, Edge. Or how about just about any Elevation gig? Bono was crap. Listen to him stumble through Stuck In A Moment, only to have Edge completely upstage him on the final lyrics. Now, by Vertigo, Bono was stronger again, but 1997-2001, there were definitely points where Edge was the better singer.

And if Bono's kicked out and U2 become a trio, we'll get new albums faster and live songs won't be butchered by rambly speeches. :wink:

(For those who didn't get it first time around, the "U2 become a trio" suggestion is tongue-in-cheek, but it does make a good point.)

oh please stop it with the trio thing, U2 is nothing without Bono, don't ever forget it :wink:

but enough comparisons between Bono and edge....it's really a stupid thing to be talking about...they're both a part of the greatest band in history and that is all that matters, please no more :wink:

Still, I'd appreciate a response from you guys regarding my original question...i think it was this thread...

Is there any chance of Mr. Edge doing Van Diemen's Land on the next tour? OOOHHH THAT WOULD BE SWEET!

Pretty much anyone in the band would be a better singer in Sarajevo. An exception to the rule.

Edge was never better, just more consistent.

Back
Top Bottom