Possible "Stadium" US tour announcement Monday? (Rumor)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dudas3

Babyface
Hi Interference! In Washington DC (BIG 100.3) they are advertising that they will be giving away tickets for the first ever live music show at Nationals Park by a "BIG" band later this summer. That's right I said stadium. But they are not allowed to say who it is until monday. Who better to break in the stadium than U2? Which now leaves us with 2 questions:

1) What is there definition of "BIG"? (ie: U2, Rolling Stones, or God forbid another American Idol performance)

2) Is it possible that U2 is going to do a stadium tour again?

Nationals Park Concert - BIG 100.3 | Washington, DC | www.idigbig.com :hmm:

Discuss!

Oh Boy! You know what that means? Beware concert attendees you might get mugged going to or from the show. Limited parking and everyone has to take the metro. I'm not ready to purchase tickets yet. March 20th Damnit!!!! I'm recovering from my Metallica tour for 3 months on the road.

you really think a radio station would announce a U2 date months before U2 announced the Us tour?

My guess is Dave Mathews band, who will be touring large venues in the U.S. this summer

Somehow I just don't think that u2 will do any summer shows in the US (not this coming summer, anyway). I am almost 100% sure the stories about tour starting in Europe are true, and since that is not happening until June/July, I really don't see them hopping over the pond just to do a show in D.C.....
i think i will wait until THEIR official tour announcement before I start making any plans :up:

There were rumors about DMB playing Nationals Park this summer. But they just announced their tour schedule all the way until October, and they are playing Nissan Pavilion in Bristow, VA (suburb of DC) in August, which holds 25,000 or something. So I doubt it's them.

Coldplay has a few odd gaps in their tour schedule this summer, but I just can't imagine they are BIG enough to be the opening concert at this new stadium. Plus they played 2 arena shows in DC last year.

They might be talking about U2 playing there in September. Remember, summer technically lasts until September 22nd or something like that.

Might be Green Day, too, though filling stadiums that big will depend on the success of their new album. Can't think of any other act filling stadiums this summer other U2, DMB or Green Day.

Coldplay are doing amphitheatres, not stadiums. NIN/Jane's Addictions will probably do arenas. No Doubt are doing arenas, too. Springsteen maybe? Who else is big enough to fill Nationals Stadium?

LoL at Green Day playing a stadium. They will likely play Patriot Center or Merriweather.

Like I posted earlier, its Billy Joel & Elton John

LoL at Green Day playing a stadium. They will likely play Patriot Center or Merriweather.

Actually, my first thought was "it must be Green Day"....that would time almost exactly with their new album and they played the baseball stadium in San Francisco....their last album sold over 5,000,000 in the United States, about two million more than U2....

Word is that Green Day is going out with Blink 182. They toured together in 2000 or 2001 with reverse billing the reguvinated GD.

While I have my doubt about GD filling big venues, the double bill may be hard for concert goers to resist.

LoL at Billy Joel playing a stadium.
Can't imagine these two guys selling out these ballparks, but what do I know:

Piano Men To Play Nationals Park | NBC Washington

billy joel has sold out shea stadium and giants stadium... all be it he could sell out anything in new york, but yea...there's a rather larger demand for him and elton john then you're giving them credit for.

and green day played giants stadium on their american idiot tour.

Like I posted earlier, its Billy Joel & Elton John

Green Day will be playing in DC in October at either those 2 venues unless they have changed their schedule.

Hi Interference! In Washington DC (BIG 100.3) they are advertising that they will be giving away tickets for the first ever live music show at Nationals Park by a "BIG" band later this summer. :hmm:

The only problem with this is that BIG 100.3 is an oldies/secretary music station, isn't it? The only U2 I can imagine them playing is ISHFWILF. U2, and especially NLOTH, aren't really their material.

I asked Paul McGuinness on February 8th when the tour would be announced and he said in mid March. He also said it is stadium only. There are rumors of a March 9th announcement that came from a radio station report.

Billy Joel and Elton John. I would not be worried about U2 tickets going on sale until possibly the week of March 20th to the 1st or 2nd weekend in April.

I heard Eric Clapton and some other dude yesterday on WMMR in Philly. That station was one of the first four radio stations to play U2 in the U.S.

Back
Top Bottom