PopMart Tour on Wikipedia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

midnightlemon

The Fly
I think the PopMart Tour is such an interesting topic as a whole, and I've been working on the Wikipedia article for a while now. There's so much information I want to include and I feel like its a little overwhelming to write it all on my own. If anyone likes to write about U2 and/or is a big fan of the PopMart Tour, then let me know if you'd like to help out writing this article. My goal is to get this written so well that it can someday be featured on Wikipedia's homepage.
PopMart Tour - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Feel free to contact me here on the forum or on my Wikipedia talk page:
User talk: Dream out loud - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think the most notable thing about PopMart is how it epitomizes U2's ability to improve songs in the live setting. Talking about how they re-arranged Pop's songs (i.e.: Mofo, Please, Discotheque, Gone) to improve them would probably be a good section on that page.

It would be interesting to mention some of the original design intents that didn't make it... Like the screens on trucks that would circle the stadium...

Check out this fan telephone interview with Bono from 1997 - much more insightful that the usual press interview and lots of perspectives on Popmart.. u2log.com

I really like the popmart tour, even if Bono wasn't sounding too good on some shows. I just love the fact they are having a great time and not taking things too seriously. Same can be said for ZooTV I suppose, but I think Popmart is a whole new level.

subtitle: a musical journey.
from a disappointing Las Vegas show through all the problems of unrehearsing and Bono's voice to a climax in Sarajevo and after through an amazing tour

I think the most notable thing about PopMart is how it epitomizes U2's ability to improve songs in the live setting.
I actually think that POPMart is where they stopped truly improving on songs from the new album (though there's always an exception here & there)

the songs did sound a lot better live
but that was more due to bad album production than any drastic improvement of the material

the story of POPMart is basically the story of trying to increase the scale of U2s live performance while supporting an album that didn't do that well comparatively speaking (and following up another album that didn't generate huge sales)

the tour just didnt catch the momentum it needed
especially in the media

that being said
i enjoyed it more than ZOO TV

Thanks, I appreciate all the input everyone. I have plenty of ideas for the article, but I'm really hoping to find someone help me write it. Anyone can edit the article, just by clicking the edit links on the page.

Back
Top Bottom