Plebans Girls Party-Triping through your wires

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^^^

you answered my question :ohmy: :reject: :uhoh: is he the one ,,yeah of course.........he's the one memorialized in SIAMYCGOO. :reject:

:wink:
that's what still being "high" on our election results will do to me......still reading the papers i didn't finnished yet. :g>

Wow VP....Elton John and the Killers are pretty hard to beat....I'm so jealous!!

Anyway I'm going off my internet is refusing to cooperate with me :madspit:
Night girls :hug:

dazzledbylight said:

GL!
Now that's a change of pace! :lol:

AH.......... EJit!

My sis &I & friends we saw him like 2 o3 times in the early 80's??? Pre-punk/new wave?? :hmm: they were FUN shows!

and I just got ZOO SYDNEY from poor ole Tower records.

:drool:

Elton was AMAZING...I was in awe the entire time, seeing one of my old heroes! :drool: His Someone Saved My Life Tonight, that was the very first 45 I ever bought with my own money when I was a wee thing. :cute: :love: His show is now 3rd on my all time list, behind U2 and David Gilmour.

Congrats on getting Zoo TV! :happy:

Sweet dreams Mucca and Dazz! :hug::heart:

VintagePunk said:

OMG, getting there was hellish!!! :scream: Thick fog on the 403, and coming down the mountain, I couldn't see, cars were whizzing behind and by me, and I nearly had a panic attack! :lol: Coming home was fine though, it had pretty much lifted by then.

I was thinking of you when we were driving home from school today. It was soo icky....everywhere. :bleh:
It even was snowing at one point. :angry:

So is GL the last in your marathon of shows?

~BrightestStar~ said:

Do I ever really leave?

Ooo! weird things :drool:

Yes, I've been there, it's been awhile though....

It's basically the same layout as the ACC, except there are only two levels of seating besides the floor, although Copps has a slightly larger capacity, by a thousand or so, I think, around 21,000.

Okay, I assumed that the show was probably fairly close to sold out. We were in shock approaching the building - light traffic, very few people walking in that direction...almost Twilight Zonish. :uhoh: Very few people inside milling about too, whereas with EJ, you could barely move in there. We ran into my niece and her hubby in the corridor, and I had thought the odds of meeting them in the crowd would be slim (I didn't even know they were going too until a few weeks ago)...so, talked to them through the opening act, who sounded like he sucked...then for a while after, till we all went to take our seats. When we walked onto the floor area, I was stunned - only about 1/3 of the arena was in use, the rest was curtained off...so, the stage was probably set up in the very center of the floor, as opposed to being at the end. As well, ALL of the top level in the stands was curtained off. So, the crowd was using probably just over 1/3 or the lower level stands, and less than half of the floor. :ohmy: I bet there were no more than 2000 - 3000 people there tonight. :ohmy: Probably could have all fit into H Place. :ohmy: So, I'm guessing tickets didn't sell very well...

10008s.gif

The seating only started at sec. 110, then curved around the end and went to 120. Pretty small. I just saw on their website though, they call that a "concert bowl" setup, and the capacity is 4,000.

~BrightestStar~ said:
Woah. :ohmy:

Yea, obviously not the hot ticket they had hoped for....
I thought it had ben advertised as sold out? Maybe I was dreaming. :scratch:

They must have taken quite the financial hit. No way you rent a place that size and only use 10% of it...

wow

:crazy:

Maybe it was only intended to be a concert bowl set-up and they sold that out? But I still saw a fair number of empty seats in some of the sections.

And yes, GL ends our month-long concert extravaganza. :lol:

The other thing about INXS/JD that was cool is - he seems to be totally in love with the band members! :cute: He's hanging all over them all the time, and they're lovin' it...hell, he paid almost as much attention to them goofing around as he did to the audience. They make Bono/Adam look cold and distant toward each other. :lol:

I kept thinking all during the show, you know how Gilby was always getting on Lucas for turning away from the audience?? He would have been mortified at JD's behaviour. :lol:

So, the 3,500 women there all seemed to be "JD!!!!" :drool: :flirt:

Sarah? Whenever the guy whipped out the sax to play on a number, she was looking at the sax, all :love: :combust:

Me, I was just kinda looking around like this: :shifty:

I was watching the women, thinking "is that what I look like at U2 shows?" :uhoh: :lmao:

Last edited:
VintagePunk said:

The other thing about INXS/JD that was cool is - he seems to be totally in love with the band members! :cute: He's hanging all over them all the time, and they're lovin' it...hell, he paid almost as much attention to them goofing around as he did to the audience. They make Bono/Adam look cold and distant toward each other. :lol:

I kept thinking all during the show, you know how Gilby was always getting on Lucas for turning away from the audience?? He would have been mortified at JD's behaviour. :lol:

:lol: Awww! :cute:
Whenever I've seen him interviewed he really does just seem completely excited and enthralled with it all. And it's obvious he's got a good relationship with the rest of the band, it's funy when they act all 'parantal'....

:lol:!!
That bad?

VintagePunk said:
So, the 3,500 women there all seemed to be "JD!!!!" :drool: :flirt:

Sarah? Whenever the guy whipped out the sax to play on a number, she was looking at the sax, all :love: :combust:

I was watching the women, thinking "is that what I look like at U2 shows?" :uhoh: :lmao:

So your daugther has a thing for shiny inanimate objects now? :ohmy:

And yes. Only much much worse I imagine. :lmao:

Sax is what she plays, so she gets all excited seeing a live professional performer play. :lol:

Btw, when I got home tonight, I saw that I'd had another call. :shifty:

Okay, gotta try to get to bed now. It's an early day tomorrow, gotta be up 7-ish, and I didn't get much sleep last night.

:hug: :clonelove:

Play your cards right, and I might just be talked into touching you with the same hand that touched JD, the next time I see you. :sexywink: :lmao:

Night!

VintagePunk said:
So, the 3,500 women there all seemed to be "JD!!!!" :drool : :flirt :

:hmm:

:yes: you do :drool:

But i'd say i looked a lot worse :lol:

aww you feel down today? :hug:

:wink: You've seen my new wallpaper in the BRI thread right? I have that one now, hehe I wonder how long it'll take my mother/father to find it and place some lame comment on it... :lol: my mom won't be happy that's for sure!

:shh: prolly beacuse Bono's body is a million times hotter and better looking than me father's!

Back
Top Bottom