Pleban Girls Party - Weddings, waitresses, whatever!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
VintagePunk said:

Oh, duh! I didn't know that. :reject: :lol:

Well, maybe because things didn't work out with his most recent ex, he's wary about introducing them to anyone right now?

Don't worry. You might not have been on here when i have mentioned it. :hug:

Yeah i think you're right. Hes wary for the kids, but also for himself. ( His ex really hurt him. Damn her. :madwife: )

Bri my feet are cold too. I blame the socks for not being warm enough. :lol:

Since we're talking about boys, I have a confession:

I feel like I'm working so hard to get him, and yet when I really think about it, I have serious doubts that he's someone I could be in a serious, longterm relationship with. :huh: At times, I think a large part of it for me is the challenge of getting him to commit. Isn't that just sick and twisted? :huh: :reject:

BonosBaby12 said:

Those could easily become your last famous words! :lol:

This point in time I just want to be where we aren't meeting up at an airport and leaving each other at an airport

:lol: Yeah thats why i said i'd never say never. :wink:

Awww. :hug: I feel bad whinging now. So youre in a different city to your guy? HOw long is the flight? Any plans to move together soon?

bonoishot said:

:lol: Yeah thats why i said i'd never say never. :wink:

Awww. :hug: I feel bad whinging now. So youre in a different city to your guy? HOw long is the flight? Any plans to move together soon?

:lol: very smart move!

Awwwww don't feel bad :hug: Can completely understand your frustrations. And yeah Im in Delaware and my guy is in Chicago. It's about a 2 hour flight when we are actually able to get time together. As for moving we have been trying since last summer with no luck yet :(.

VintagePunk said:
Since we're talking about boys, I have a confession:

I feel like I'm working so hard to get him, and yet when I really think about it, I have serious doubts that he's someone I could be in a serious, longterm relationship with. :huh: At times, I think a large part of it for me is the challenge of getting him to commit. Isn't that just sick and twisted? :huh: :reject:

To clarify...98% of the time it's not like this for me. I sincerely do care deeply for him, and enjoy being with him. He's a great guy. It's just when I leave emotion out of it, and think about it in only rational, intellectual terms...

BonosBaby12 said:

:lol: very smart move!

Awwwww don't feel bad :hug: Can completely understand your frustrations. And yeah Im in Delaware and my guy is in Chicago. It's about a 2 hour flight when we are actually able to get time together. As for moving we have been trying since last summer with no luck yet :(.

Awww! How often do you get to see each other, and what's the biggest obstacle for moving?

VintagePunk said:

Awww! How often do you get to see each other, and what's the biggest obstacle for moving?

Typically twice a year though so far it's been 3 times this year. And we are talking about me flying out there for New Year's Eve this year also. Wow I really sound like Im just complaining after listing that,lol,jk.

The biggest obstacle so far has been finding a place. He just wants to outright buy something so renting a place temporarily is out of the question for him. We find something we like and it's either sold or the owners have changed their mind. So get's pretty frustrating after he meets with our realtor because I feel so letdown that he doesn't have good news.

BonosBaby12 said:
You think maybe a part of you is scared?

Maybe. Neither of us are seeing anyone else, just each other, but there's been no commitment. He's moving that way, but at a snail's pace, and I have little doubt that if I hang in there long enough, he will. I'm more of the type where I'd prefer to try the relationship thing now, and see how it goes, and if it doesn't work out, fine, no hard feelings, and hopefully we can still be close friends. Some people just aren't compatible to be together for the long haul, and I understand that. What I'm scared of is this - I think that when he is ready to commit, it'll be because he's in really deep, and will want it to be permanent, no "trying it on for size." He already has trust issues, but with me, they're getting much better. If we do get to that point, what if I find that he really isn't for me, our lifestyles/personalities clash, and I want to end it? I can't stand the thought of hurting him, and potentially destroying his trust in women again.

But that's me - I always overthink/overanalyze. :lol:

BonosBaby12 said:

Typically twice a year though so far it's been 3 times this year. And we are talking about me flying out there for New Year's Eve this year also. Wow I really sound like Im just complaining after listing that,lol,jk.

The biggest obstacle so far has been finding a place. He just wants to outright buy something so renting a place temporarily is out of the question for him. We find something we like and it's either sold or the owners have changed their mind. So get's pretty frustrating after he meets with our realtor because I feel so letdown that he doesn't have good news.

2 to 3 times a year. :shocked: That must be so hard.

Awww :( I can imagine that would be very frustrating. I hope something comes up for you guys soon. :hug:

GG2 your welcome. :hug:

BonosBaby12 said:
You think maybe a part of you is scared?

This could be a possiblity. :hmm:

bonoishot said:

I know. :madwife: I think we should do away with timezones, who needs them. :wink :lol

Tests not so fun :| Though i'm sure you will ace them. :kiss Though grandmothers cooking, theres nothing like the way grandmas cook. :drool

OMG i still can't get over the fact they wouldnt walk round the worm. :lmao: Then again i once made a friends Dad carry me round a Zoo as their were peacocks everyowhere. :reject :lmao

Darn right! No one needs em! Let's start a petition.
And put lemons on it.:wink:

Nothing beats grandma's cooking. :drool: I wish there were more holidays, just so I could have more of it! lol

In our family we believe there is a generation degradation in cookings skills...Grandma's is awesome, mom/aunts/etc is pretty good...and ours (aka, my cousins and I) well, we suck. Kraft dinner or grilled cheese anyone? :lol:

I know! As if it would leap up and attack them! :lmao:

Awww, you're afraid of peacocks? :cute::lol:

BonosBaby12 said:

Are you moving there, or is he moving to your area? How long have you been together?

Hopefully something will work out for you soon. :)

VintagePunk said:

To clarify...98% of the time it's not like this for me. I sincerely do care deeply for him, and enjoy being with him. He's a great guy.

It's just when I leave emotion out of it, and think about it in only rational, intellectual terms...

Cause love and relationships is all about pure rationality and intellect...

None of that lovey dovey stuff.

:tongue:

Who doesn't have second thoughts now and then? Seems to me everyone has that little part of their mind that's the pessemist, that always spreads seeds of uncertainty..blah blah
None of it really matters though, you know how you really feel.

Last edited:
VintagePunk said:

Maybe. Neither of us are seeing anyone else, just each other, but there's been no commitment. He's moving that way, but at a snail's pace, and I have little doubt that if I hang in there long enough, he will. I'm more of the type where I'd prefer to try the relationship thing now, and see how it goes, and if it doesn't work out, fine, no hard feelings, and hopefully we can still be close friends. Some people just aren't compatible to be together for the long haul, and I understand that. What I'm scared of is this - I think that when he is ready to commit, it'll be because he's in really deep, and will want it to be permanent, no "trying it on for size." He already has trust issues, but with me, they're getting much better. If we do get to that point, what if I find that he really isn't for me, our lifestyles/personalities clash, and I want to end it? I can't stand the thought of hurting him, and potentially destroying his trust in women again.

Awwww see where you are coming from with your view. Perhaps maybe just go with the flow right now? Does pose a problem though if your scenario were to come along. Not that Im hoping that it does! lol. But yeah it could be pretty crushing for him.

And don't worry I overthink sometimes too lol

~BrightestStar~ said:

ugh I totally agree :der:
I'm trying to find out what time it'll be when U2 are onstage in the upcoming gigs... all around 10 am - 12 pm for the Australian/NZ/Japan shows... but 8 AM for Hawaii ><

VintagePunk said:

Awww VP. Have you told him that? I can see where you are coming from. But i'd say if thinks start to get serious make sure you tell him that you want to try see how things go as a more commited couple. Or just make it clear to him. Thats abou tthe best you can do if he won't let things be any other way at the moment.

I overanalyze too. :love::love:

~BrightestStar~ said:

Cause love and relationships is all about pure rationality and intellect...

None of that lovey dovey stuff.

:tongue:

Who doesn't have second thoughts npw and then? A sudden urge to back pedal...seems perfectly normal to me.

Virgos always have to think about things rationally. You know that. :wink: :lol:

BB, you're right, I am going with the flow for now. It's just something that occurs to me from time to time.

:zen: :lol:

VintagePunk said:

Are you moving there, or is he moving to your area? How long have you been together?

Hopefully something will work out for you soon. :)

Thank you :hug: and thanks Jem :hug:

Im moving there though it means leaving my family behind. But it's such a great city and poses a lot of opportunities for me so Im excited about going. Oh and yeah of course because I will be with him :giggle:

We have been together for over 3 years now. Back in 2001 we first together but after a few months he felt th distance was too much. Stayed best of friends during that time apart though and I continued to fly out there for visits. Than in 2003 I went out there and before I knew it we were together again lol.

~BrightestStar~ said:

And put lemons on it.:wink :

Nothing beats grandma's cooking. :drool : I wish there were more holidays, just so I could have more of it! lol

In our family we believe there is a generation degradation in cookings skills...Grandma's is awesome, mom/aunts/etc is pretty good...and ours (aka, my cousins and I) well, we suck. Kraft dinner or grilled cheese anyone? :lol :

I know! As if it would leap up and attack them! :lmao :

Awww, you're afraid of peacocks? :cute ::lol :

:hmm: Lemons could be our logo. :happy::lmao:

So the cooking skills degraduation has happened to your family aswell. In my case its, beans on toast anyone. :lmao:

Yes i hate birds and reptiles, especially snakes. :yikes:. I don't like birds as they have wings. And to make it worse peacocks have those big tail feathers. :crack:

:| :lol:

bonoishot said:

Awww VP. Have you told him that? I can see where you are coming from. But i'd say if thinks start to get serious make sure you tell him that you want to try see how things go as a more commited couple. Or just make it clear to him. Thats abou tthe best you can do if he won't let things be any other way at the moment.

I overanalyze too. :love::love:

I haven't talked with him about it. I'm not sure if it's time yet. It's a waiting game.

I feel like I'm reducing this to a chess game, strategizing, planning several moves ahead, seeing what my "opponent" will do next. :lmao:

Galeongirl said:

ugh I totally agree :der:
I'm trying to find out what time it'll be when U2 are onstage in the upcoming gigs... all around 10 am - 12 pm for the Australian/NZ/Japan shows... but 8 AM for Hawaii ><

Oh for the setlist parties. Setlist parties. Must get broadband in the next few weeks. :drool:

BonosBaby12 said:

Thank you :hug: and thanks Jem :hug:

Im moving there though it means leaving my family behind. But it's such a great city and poses a lot of opportunities for me so Im excited about going. Oh and yeah of course because I will be with him :giggle:

We have been together for over 3 years now. Back in 2001 we first together but after a few months he felt th distance was too much. Stayed best of friends during that time apart though and I continued to fly out there for visits. Than in 2003 I went out there and before I knew it we were together again lol.

Awww!! :cute: :love: I'll keep my fingers crossed that you find something soon!

Back
Top Bottom