Pleban Girls Party- We miss you when you're not around!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Diane L said:
Before the U2 tickets went on sale, I was so nervous that I wouldn't get any tickets at all except for the pre-sale! There were more tickets available than I'd thought.

The next time, I think I'll wait until a few weeks before the show if I'm going to travel. I had to sell my Philadelphia and Boston tickets because I didn't have the money to travel, and I got about $20 less than I'd paid for them.

Yes, I think by the 3rd leg, some markets were kind of over-saturated with U2. Other were still really hard to get, though. Buffalo and Cleveland come to mind. Plus, it was getting colder, and people were probably less willing to travel, and might not have had vacation time left.

WildHoney said:
I see Sarah off to Barcelona & Florence

Barcelona, i only really saw the Camp Nou where U2 were playing and hotel :lol:

Florence - Tell her not to drop her camera like i did when i saw Michelangelo's David :lol:

It was the first time i'd seen a naked man :shifty: :ohmy:

:lol: I'll tell her.

I'm so relieved that she sounds happier now, and seems to be having a good time. :heart:

Weren't Buffalo and Cleveland on weekends? I would imagine that weekend show tickets were harder to get because of the traveling.

Next time I'd love to see shows in Toronto and Boston. I am heartbroken that I had to give up my Boston ticket...I could have met you, Wild!!!

Don't worry Next tour the plan is ( depending on weekends, holidays and obtaining tickets)

all Uk gigs, Dublin, Amsterdam, Toronto, New York, Chicago, & Boston.

Ni already knows this plan and says :up:

Would i be a bad mum if i done that and left the baby with NI , if we have a baby that is :reject:

Diane L said:
Weren't Buffalo and Cleveland on weekends? I would imagine that weekend show tickets were harder to get because of the traveling.

Next time I'd love to see shows in Toronto and Boston. I am heartbroken that I had to give up my Boston ticket...I could have met you, Wild!!!

Yes, Buffalo was a Friday night and Cleveland was the next night. I think part of it too was that they only played one show in each of those cities on the entire tour.

You have to come to Toronto next time! :hyper: That venue is ideal for GA lines.

I was just thinking the same thing, Diane, I'm getting tired, too. :yawn: :hug:

I should head to bed. Alone. Without him. :sigh:

Night Wild, talk to you in a few hours. :hug: :sexywink: Hope you're feeling better, too.

Hi everyone! :wave:
it's rainy and nasty here and i'm trying to work up motivation to go to the gym, cause I know it will put me in a better mood. haven't been here in awhile and i tend to visit the tour threads to keep track with news and such when i do have time to be online. i miss you all! :hug:

the last few days have been so hard. i was working like crazy for the past two weeks and didn't even have time to get excited about going to New Zealand, and then the news of the cancellation just made me feel sick with worry and empathy for what the band must be going through. i could hardly sleep, imagining what it would be like to go through something like that.

then i was faced with canceling all kinds of stuff (and losing lots of money, which of course pales in comparison to a life-threatening illness but still really stings) and it hit me that I wasn't going to NZ, wasn't going to see someone i'd really been looking forward to spending a few days with... :sad: As someone wrote on one board, it's a lose/lose situation.

some people have written such moving things on various threads, other people have acted like total shitheads (god, the poor mods these days), and i think, for the most part, we all hope things turn out ok for the afflicted family member.

i may be home for the week, may end up going to LA for a few days for a quick visit--just not sure yet.

I see you Pleba girls were up until all hours of the night! i don't know how you do it.

I'll check back in later today. The Soprano's is finally back on tonight!!! :hyper:

Ruff! :hug:

Yeah, from what I saw in the discussion in PLEBA some people have been real assholes in other parts of the site (Miroslava even said she was trying to avoid certain parts of blue crack these days!).. At least PLEBA's a haven of sanity and sense about this!

Hi Ruff!! Hi Drea!! :hug: :wave:

Ruff, it must be difficult to have to deal with cancelling your hotel room, flight and all, plus as a human being you can't help but be disappointed. Compounding that disappointment is, as you said, worry and empathy for the band's situation. It's just a sad, bad situation all the way around.

I'm wondering how my co-worker's daughter is handling this. She and her friend were planning to be in NZ anyway, so she still has the trip to enjoy (she left Friday).

I woke up this morning and to my delight, found that VP and Wild were here!!! It was nice to chat with them...I do like being up at that time when I don't have to be at work later that day. It's quiet and relaxing. And today I've actually been doing some long-delayed cleaning instead of going back to bed--what has gotten into me???

Anyway, take care all, and I'll see you later!!! :hug: :wave:

Drea said:
Ruff! :hug:

Yeah, from what I saw in the discussion in PLEBA some people have been real assholes in other parts of the site (Miroslava even said she was trying to avoid certain parts of blue crack these days!).. At least PLEBA's a haven of sanity and sense about this!

Diane L said:
Hi Ruff!! Hi Drea!! :hug: :wave:

Ruff, it must be difficult to have to deal with cancelling your hotel room, flight and all, plus as a human being you can't help but be disappointed. Compounding that disappointment is, as you said, worry and empathy for the band's situation. It's just a sad, bad situation all the way around.

hi girls! i told myself when my gym clothes were out of the dryer i'd promptly put them on and head out the door. damn, they dry fast :angry:

diane, i am sure your friends are going to have a wonderful time in NZ--it's such a beautiful country, and the people are some of the warmest and most genuine that i've ever met.

hi drea! :hug: I feel guilty complaining about being disappointed when i've already been privileged to go to many shows--the flight cancellations and all that are just a dreary chore that underscores the larger disappointment more related to my personal life...and the overarching sadness about the fact that really, all the money in the world can't guarantee you or your loved ones health.

it's thrown me into a bit of an existential turmoil, and again, can't imagine what's it's like for those who must feel so helpless.

regarding the attitude of some people on interference: i think some of them are young and have poor social skills and just didn't think before they typed. *everyone* who planned travel is greatly disappointed, especially because it was so sudden--but people who expressed anger at the band...geez. hard to even understand.

at any rate, i'm off sweat out my anxiety, now that i don't have swimsuit angst to fuel my motivation.

hugs and love to all of you :heart:
-Ruff

Ruff :hug: Of course you're going to be disappointed, you're human! :wink: I think a lot of it is that it just came so suddenly. I'm sure it's upsetting. :( But like you said, it's a no win situation. It just puts things into perspective, and all we can do for now is hope and pray that whomever is sick gets better. :heart:

I missed Ruff :sad: :hug:

Hi girls :hug:

Daily Sarah report - they're now in Barcelona. She's a little disappointed that their hotel there is kind of in an industrial area, whereas the one in Madrid was in the downtown area. She was VERY excited that she saw a Roman bridge today. My kid is such a history geek. :cute: I asked her about the Tapas last night, and she said it was really, really good, and that she even tried calamari :shocked: She said that there was some sort of commotion last night though, but she couldn't get into it. What she did tell me was that at the restaurant, the teachers told the restaurant staff that the kids were all of age, so that they could have sangria. :up: I think that's SO cool, because they were supervised, and in terms of Spain, they're probably almost of age, and how long before they get the chance to have sangria in Spain again? Not something you get to do every day. Anyway, I guess there was a problem with some of the kids trying to sneak off to go drinking after. :lol: I asked if they got into trouble, and she said "sorta," but couldn't say any more. I want to know!! :scream: She also said, and I'm not clear if this is before or after the restaurant, but they went looking for discos to go to (quite popular in Madrid), but by the time they did, they had kicked out the underage people. :(

I asked her if she was homesick at all. She said "no, not at all. Sorry to disappoint you." I'm SO glad!! :heart:

I'm...good, thanks. :shifty:

:love: :drool:

:lol:

How are you? I didn't see what you said about the new INXS song till after you'd left. I didn't expect to like it, but I couldn't help it! And I didn't know who it was until after I'd heard it. I'm kind of glad, because if I'd known, I probably would have been all :grumpy: I hate this crap!

:lol: I read about that. :flirt: :happy:

I'm good, just trying to finish my research paper. :grumpy:

I don't think the new INXS is horrible or anything, I just refuse to give them money by going to the show or buying a cd. :angry: :lol: And I'm a complete hypocrite, because I actually watched the damn tv show. :lmao: :reject:

Sami, I was shocked. I looooved Michael, and expected to hate anything new they put out. But it's really, really good! And as I said, it's quite rare that anything I hear on the radio grabs my attention, especially on the first listen.

Back
Top Bottom