Pleban Girls Party - The tide is rising...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
WildHoney said:

I know. The media over here in UK is at last realising that women being a size 6 or below is unhealthy and dangerous. The average woman in UK is a 16 , a US 14 so it the fashion industry & Hollywood that make boney as sexy :coocoo:

:yes: :up:

And it's funny how sizes are changed as women's bodies have changed through the years. I recently dug out a pair of jeans I had before I had Sarah - they were size 7. Sarah was into size 7 at the time, and yet if you held her jeans up to my old ones, mine looked like a child's pair, hers were bigger. I was WAY too thin then, people thought I was anorexic. While that's not healthy, I wish I could find a happy medium. :| :lol:

VintagePunk said:

:yes: :up:

And it's funny how sizes are changed as women's bodies have changed through the years. I recently dug out a pair of jeans I had before I had Sarah - they were size 7. Sarah was into size 7 at the time, and yet if you held her jeans up to my old ones, mine looked like a child's pair, hers were bigger. I was WAY too thin then, people thought I was anorexic. While that's not healthy, I wish I could find a happy medium. :| :lol:

You look good now! :drool:

I read an article once about the history of sizing and stuff like that. It's pretty messed up. Apparently it was all originally based on the measurements of female recruits in the army in the 30's or whatever. Certainly not a representative sample of the population.....it's only in more recent years that sizing has actually begun to be reasonable.

:yes: It's manipulative marketing. :madwife:

I remember Gwen Stefani from the mid - late 90's, she looked GREAT! Now, she's like a stick. I read that she HAD to lose weight...not that she wanted to, necessarily, but in order to fit into designer clothing, she HAD to, because they are made for stick people. :|

Have you ever seen Canada's next top model? I don't usually watch it, but I did the other night.
I'm hoping this one girl wins, she's not your 'typical model' shape. She's athletic, shorter, and is actually shaped like a real person. :shocked:

And of course, they have this other girl who's a walking skeleton :slant:...too their credit they told her the other day she needs to gain weight ( :ohmy: )...
She looks awful...

That's such a shame.

I really liked the Dove ads they had going for a while there, with those women who represented normal women. I think some of them were still kinda small, but at least they weren't as thin as reeds.

No, I've never watched that. Yay for the healthy girl!

It pisses me off, just when it seems that the wider media is embarking on a movement toward realistic body types, Hollywood and the fashion/modelling industry persists in their stick-figure obsession. I wish more women, and especially younger girls, could see how we're/they're being manipulated into some false ideal.

Wow, I'm really good at ranting about this. :wink:

It certainly doesn't help matters that all of the more recent teen clebreties seem to be having eating disorders...I suppose it's not entirely thier fault, they are under the hollywood pressure to conform. But what must girls who look up to these people think when they see every single one of them striving to be thinner....:slant:

WildHoney said:
I think they should take the new sizings from us Pleba Girls

Whatever our size we're all sensual sexy beautiful women :love::drool:

I'll take that shirt in a size wild, and that one in a bri, please. :happy:

:giggle:

I'd take a wild, any time. :flirt:

Last edited:
Thanks Wild and Bri :hug: I DO need to lose weight, though...probably about 25 or 30 lbs. When I'm at a lower weight, I feel better, physically and mentally, I have more energy, etc. Plus, my dad was diagnosed with Type II diabetes, so in order to avoid that myself, I should be at a healthier weight.

So far, I've gone a week and can feel a difference. With me, getting off my ass and being active makes all the difference, so the nightly walking has really helped. For the two weeks of U2 shows, I was basically eating crap, and still, by the time I got home, my pants were falling off me because I was dancing around for 2+ hours a night. :lol:

I haven't seen Canada's Next Top Model either.

I can get good at ranting about this too, VP! :D I had an eating disorder a few years ago, and it's something I've always struggled with, and probably always will.

Damn the media!! :madwife:

:lol:

VintagePunk said:

So far, I've gone a week and can feel a difference. With me, getting off my ass and being active makes all the difference, so the nightly walking has really helped. For the two weeks of U2 shows, I was basically eating crap, and still, by the time I got home, my pants were falling off me because I was dancing around for 2+ hours a night. :lol:

Ohhhhhhhhh i lost weight too :lol:

The U2 GA diet... eat crap and lose weight...

Contains our special Bono ingredient:shifty:

WildHoney said:

Ohhhhhhhhh i lost weight too :lol:

The U2 GA diet... eat crap and lose weight...

Contains our special Bono ingredient:shifty:

:yes: :drool:

I remember the last couple of shows, hiking up my pants every few minutes, because I was seriously afraid they'd fall off. :lmao: What a spectacle that would have been! :eek:

VintagePunk said:

:yes: :drool:

I remember the last couple of shows, hiking up my pants every few minutes, because I was seriously afraid they'd fall off. :lmao: What a spectacle that would have been! :eek:

:lol:!

:hmm: Well...that's one way to get B to notice you.....

Actually, didn't one girl get pulled up on stage and have her pants hit the floor?

WildHoney said:

Can you imagine if he'd pulled you up on stage to dance WOWU and your pants fell down :lmao:
:lmao:

Well, he does have that effect on us :drool:

WildHoney said:

:yes: You'll have to get your ass over to Toronto :shifty:

I know i will :drool:

You can bet your ass that I'll be there! :D

Bri - at the Vancouver show I went to, a girl's pants were definitely falling off when she was onstage. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom