Pleban Girls Party - Picture addicts Anonymous

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Diane L said:
I was just at Yahoo! for a moment, and it said the space shuttle was scheduled to start coming back about 3:43 am. I think I'll stay up and watch that.

And I was sad to read that Peter Jennings has died. :sad:

I know, he went so fast after announcing he was sick. But then again, I watched him on David Letterman recently and he did a lot of travelling and did all sorts of really great things after he retired. I think he was sort of cramming in a bunch of things he'd wanted to do because he sensed the end was closer. :sigh:
Still, it's always sad to see anyone get sick and pass on; and he was really relatively young. I always had a lot of respect for him

Russty Cat said:
U2Band539.jpg

I love this one! There is a great part on R&H probably right around the time of this shot. When they are sitting down to talk in beginning and Bono asks someone off camera for something to drink. Then he looks at the interviewer and does the cutest thing with his head. Kind of leans it to the side and grins and the interviewer says "This isn't going to work is it?" or something like that and they all start giggling. Its right before the "Its a musical journey" bit. :giggle:

:lol: I love that whole scene. I like how Edge calls Larry "Smelly" :lol: Is that a story I should want to hear?
He does it because he catches Larry making fun of / imittating the way Adam talks with his hands :giggle:

I keep thinking about my current fan fic... and the old motown song that's about putting an ad in the paper wanted: yada yadda ... experience prefered but will accept a young trainee :evil: Wouldn't you just love the chance to teach (any of them, really) all about that stuff? :shifty:

:lmao: Now I'm just thinking of Bono's curiousity and Edge's love of learning and applying it to this subject :lmao:

He definetly seemed to young to die. :( He always appeared to be a nice man, which is a hard thing to remain in the business he was in.

Drea said:
I just read that Diane - did you know he was Cdn?

Yes, I did. No wonder he was so good at his job--and I mean that! I just read he had a radio show in Canada when he was just 9 years old.

I used to be a real cable news junkie until after Bush was re-elected. I just don't want to know a lot of what's going on now, unless I read it in a left-wing blog like Eschalon or DailyKos. But before then, I was an avid watcher of TV news. If I had to watch the networks, I tended to go for NBC unless there was a hurricane, in which case I watched Dan Rather and CBS. But I watched enough of Peter Jennings to see how good he was.

I've also just remembered that on New Year's Eve 2001, U2 appeared from London on a show that Jennings hosted. When he was introducing the show, he said he'd bumped into Bono in Manhattan and asked if he'd come on, and Bono said yes!

And the Millenium 2000 day-long broadcast ABC did was one of the best things I've ever seen on television. Bono sang "One" in Washington DC, I believe it was in front of the Capitol Building.

Sad_Girl said:

I love that whole scene. I like how Edge calls Larry "Smelly" Is that a story I should want to hear?
He does it because he catches Larry making fun of / imittating the way Adam talks with his hands :giggle:

I keep thinking about my current fan fic... and the old motown song that's about putting an ad in the paper wanted: yada yadda ... experience prefered but will accept a young trainee :evil: Wouldn't you just love the chance to teach (any of them, really) all about that stuff? :shifty:

:lmao: Now I'm just thinking of Bono's curiousity and Edge's love of learning and applying it to this subject :lmao:

Damn I never caught him calling Larry smelly! Everytime I watch it I catch something new!

I would so have loved back then teaching them all sorts of nice tricks. :evil: Mr. Cat and I were discussing the clip of Ali on stage kissing Bono earlier today when we were in the car. He had heard me watching it over and over last night. :giggle: After I told him what it was he said that no wonder they are still married, she must have taught him a thing or two. :giggle: Mr. Cats Ali respect meter went up big time. :laugh:

Diane L said:
I've also just remembered that on New Year's Eve 2001, U2 appeared from London on a show that Jennings hosted. When he was introducing the show, he said he'd bumped into Bono in Manhattan and asked if he'd come on, and Bono said yes!

And the Millenium 2000 day-long broadcast ABC did was one of the best things I've ever seen on television. Bono sang "One" in Washington DC, I believe it was in front of the Capitol Building.

You have a great memory!!!! Honestly I have such a swiss cheese brain I'm good to remember anything past a few months ago. :laugh:

OMG!!! :lmao: We have the tv muted, with one of those news channels on (CP24, Drea). Sarah started laughing and said she looked up and glanced at the screen, and thought it said there is a SNOG advisory for tomorrow. I told her yes, that tomorrow, British people will be here, trying to kiss us.

She said she's all for that, she'll be out on the street waiting, but she wants them to talk to her for a while first (she has a thing for accents). :lmao: :lmao:

VintagePunk said:
OMG!!! :lmao: We have the tv muted, with one of those news channels on (CP24, Drea). Sarah started laughing and said she looked up and glanced at the screen, and thought it said there is a SNOG advisory for tomorrow. I told her yes, that tomorrow, British people will be here, trying to kiss us.

She said she's all for that, she'll be out on the street waiting, but she wants them to talk to her for a while first (she has a thing for accents). :lmao: :lmao:

:lmao: Thats too funny. I love it. :lmao:

VP, Did you get your extended scene in your e-mail, by the way? I know the Yahoo ones went through but I haven't heard from anyone I sent it to through hotmail

VintagePunk said:

:lmao: Well, that's more exciting than CP24 usually gets... :wink: Tell her I have a thing for accents too :drool:

SG, I'm sorry!! I read it earlier then got distracted, and forgot to say anything!!! :reject: :reject:

It was in my execulink account...and it was magnificent, as usual! :bow: :bow: I really liked the party...typical teens. :)

VintagePunk said:

:lmao: :laugh: :lmao: Can't. Breathe. OMG! That is too funny!!! :laugh:

So does she have a preference for a Londoner or any Brit accent will do? :giggle:

VintagePunk said:
SG, I'm sorry!! I read it earlier then got distracted, and forgot to say anything!!! :reject: :reject:

It was in my execulink account...and it was magnificent, as usual! :bow: :bow: I really liked the party...typical teens. :)

:lol: Yeah, that's what I was thinking

And it's ok, I wasn't angling for compliments, just curious to be sure it went out. I have had several people I ussally automatically mail who've complained about missing out on the last couple.

:heart: I will say, however, that I'm in love Baby Larry. I can't help it. :reject:

Russty Cat said:

:lmao: :laugh: :lmao: Can't. Breathe. OMG! That is too funny!!! :laugh:

So does she have a preference for a Londoner or any Brit accent will do? :giggle:

*imagines our streets overrun by Brits, looking for a smooch*

:lmao:

She said to tell you she's an accent whore, and that Irish is good, too. I'm so proud! :cute: :lol:

Sad_Girl said:

:lol: Yeah, that's what I was thinking

And it's ok, I wasn't angling for compliments, just curious to be sure it went out. I have had several people I ussally automatically mail who've complained about missing out on the last couple.

:heart: I will say, however, that I'm in love Baby Larry. I can't help it. :reject:

And I think you know my feelings about Baby B. :evil: :lol:

I really, really like the interplay between the guys...that scene in the movie theatre had me laughing out loud! :lol:

VintagePunk said:

And I think you know my feelings about Baby B. :evil: :lol:

I really, really like the interplay between the guys...that scene in the movie theatre had me laughing out loud! :lol:

You know he's a playful friend... and I can see that being annoying at times like that :laugh:

Russty Cat said:
I'd love to get snogged by someone with an accent, any accent will do. :giggle:

I'm trying to think of a silly or unattractive accent... but I can't :lmao: I have a SERIOUS thing for accents as well. Irish being hte best, but any British qualifies. Then Italian :drool: Southern isn't bad either :flirt:

Back
Top Bottom