Pleban Girls Party: Livin it up cause it's Wild and Jem's birthday!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
dazzledbylight said:

SG........how's your sister? :hug:
or tell me where if you posted info already, you don't need to repeat yourself.

I haven't mentioned it yet Dazz ; yesterday was a very long day. First there was some trouble with one of the machines they needed in the Operating room, then two seperate emergencies came in and her surgery was pushed back - We went to the hospital at 10 a.m. and she didn't go in to the O.R. until right around 8 p.m. :crack: they had dosed her twice with a sedative, and it had worn off - so they had to treat her for the headache effect from that - plus her blood sugar dropped from not having anything to eat since the night before -

but thankfully the surgery itself went smoothly and she got through recovery pretty quickly, too (She did try to crawl out of the bed - the Dr had to tell her that School had been canceled for the day to get her to lie back down :giggle: ) and I got her home at just after midnight. Her older sons (15 and 17) watched after her through the night and Jeffy stayed with me - she's home with Jeffy now, the older boys had 1) homecoming to go to 2) Plans to visit girlfriend, and since their mom seemed to be doing well they wanted to go out. Teenagers :rolleyes: :wink:

but she seems to be doing exceptionally well recovering. I left her about 7:30 tonight and told her to call if she needed anything, and haven't heard from her

Thanks for asking :hug: How are you?

greeneyedgirl said:
SG, thats great news :hug:
It sucks, though, when other emergencies get in the way of planned procedures. I'm sure the docs don't like it either.
I'm glad everything turned out ok.

Yeah, her doctor is really great - she was so frustrated that it worked out that way, and she was very nice about it :yes:

I'm very relieved that she's had it done now, and hopefully it will make a big difference for her :up: :heart:

*sends a :hug: to SG's sister* She tried to crawl out of bed to go teach? Now there's dedication :giggle: Did she just have to say it was cancelled, or did she actually have to give her a reason before she'd lie back down?

Last edited:
Drea said:
*sends a :hug: to SG's sister* She tried to crawl out of bed to go teach? Now there's dedication :giggle: Did he just have to say it was cancelled, or did he actually have to give her a reason before she'd lie back down?

She (my sis) said she was late, and kept trying to get up
so the Dr (also a she) said that school had been canceled, and my sis laid back down and said 'Oh, thank you!' :laugh:

Sad_Girl said:

I haven't mentioned it yet Dazz ;

but thankfully the surgery itself went smoothly and she got through recovery pretty quickly, too (She did try to crawl out of the bed - the Dr had to tell her that School had been canceled for the day to get her to lie back down giggle: ) and I got her home at just after midnight.
but she seems to be doing exceptionally well recovering. I left her about 7:30 tonight and told her to call if she needed anything, and haven't heard from her

Thanks for asking hug: How are you?

:hug:

:crack: eeeeh......sorry you both had to wait so long!
:) Very happy to hear she has sucessful surgery and good recovery time! :hug: :hug:
:shame: NO CRAWLING outta the hospital bed!:tsk:

as for me..................

FINALLY can relax more :drool: & go to a more leisurely clutter clean -lots more stuff to shred/ more sorting, but I have 3 cleared out spaces for stuff to go in.

PLUS...now I can go out MORE on the SUNNY days INTO the Park!!!

and of course with the guys coming to town I'm like omg!!! :hyper:
Will I FINALLY meet Bono!? WIll I get DAYTIME PHOTOS of the guys at last!!!?!!

I will be bringing my sis's little plain automatic camera and my old R&R "warhorse" 35 manuel Single lens reflex.....which doesn't always take pics well, but it has at times........]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom