PLEBAn Girls Party: Cedars of P(Lebanon)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No worries - you get to FULLY enjoy the show, and not be worried about making sure your phone is working, etc.

Are they actually playing? Or is it just an interview? I haven't heard anything really about these shows, so I should probably look up the threads. :D

No worries - you get to FULLY enjoy the show, and not be worried about making sure your phone is working, etc.

Are they actually playing? Or is it just an interview? I haven't heard anything really about these shows, so I should probably look up the threads. :D

Yes they are! It's being billed as an intimate performance and Q+A.

Thank you Diane!! I'm shaking right now. wow wow oowowow

SG!!!!!!!!

How are you and Mercy????

Hi Diane :wave: :D

We're doing well, thanks! She's upset right now because Grandpa just told her 'no-no' :yikes: but otherwise.... :wink:

I've been out looking for work like crazy - no one is hiring around here - there were 28 positions at the local Dairy Queen and 220 + people showed up to apply. :crack:

How are you? :hug:

Hi Thora!!! How are you???

Setlist parties soon :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

DG, another friend of mine and her brother will be there. They both won two tickets!!! She is over the moon with joy, and it's a great birthday present for her, she has the same birthday as Adam!

I'm fine, SG. I'm moving in a couple of days, I'm a little---actually, A LOT stressed---I should be packing like crazy instead of posting here!!!

In about 48 hours, my big furniture will be in the new apartment (8 minutes from where I am now), I'll just have to tote more little boxes there.

I'm sorry about the job market. I've heard Michigan has the country's largest unemployment rate. I hope you are still working on your writing.

Hi Thora!!! How are you???

Setlist parties soon :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Pretty good, thanks! Hope all is well with you! ETA - I see you're moving. I hope that goes well!

Yes, I'm SO excited for the setlist parties! :D I had thought about skipping out on them until it was my show, but as mine is the last show on the leg, there's NO way I'm missing out! :wink:

Hi Diane :wave: :D

We're doing well, thanks! She's upset right now because Grandpa just told her 'no-no' :yikes: but otherwise.... :wink:

I've been out looking for work like crazy - no one is hiring around here - there were 28 positions at the local Dairy Queen and 220 + people showed up to apply. :crack:

How are you? :hug:

:hug: :hug:

Pretty good, thanks! Hope all is well with you! ETA - I see you're moving. I hope that goes well!

Yes, I'm SO excited for the setlist parties! :D I had thought about skipping out on them until it was my show, but as mine is the last show on the leg, there's NO way I'm missing out! :wink:

I love the camaraderie of the setlist parties, I want to be at as many as I can.

My show, if I get there, is one of the first US shows (East Rutherford, NJ). I really REALLY would have rather seen them play arenas rather than stadiums. The logistics of going to a stadium show are more difficult for me than getting to MSG.

And thanks for your kind words about the move. It should go okay, I've got some stuff at the new place already, like my NLOTH box set.

I'm fine, SG. I'm moving in a couple of days, I'm a little---actually, A LOT stressed---I should be packing like crazy instead of posting here!!!

In about 48 hours, my big furniture will be in the new apartment (8 minutes from where I am now), I'll just have to tote more little boxes there.

I'm sorry about the job market. I've heard Michigan has the country's largest unemployment rate. I hope you are still working on your writing.

I hate moving! but being in a nice new place and totally re-organized is always nice

Yep. Michigan sucks :madwife:

I don't have much time to actually write at the moment, but I do a lot of brainstorming still

There is a local librarian position available - but I don't qualify :angry:

DG - Intimate with U2 :faint:

I hate moving! but being in a nice new place and totally re-organized is always nice

Yep. Michigan sucks :madwife:

I don't have much time to actually write at the moment, but I do a lot of brainstorming still

There is a local librarian position available - but I don't qualify :angry:

DG - Intimate with U2 :faint:

Does Jobob live near you? She has an MLS and needs a job.

I wish I could be a librarian, but I didn't finish my degree, I ran out of money.

Hmm....I wonder if DG will get a glimpse at McGuinness!!!

I love the camaraderie of the setlist parties, I want to be at as many as I can.

My show, if I get there, is one of the first US shows (East Rutherford, NJ). I really REALLY would have rather seen them play arenas rather than stadiums. The logistics of going to a stadium show are more difficult for me than getting to MSG.

And thanks for your kind words about the move. It should go okay, I've got some stuff at the new place already, like my NLOTH box set.

Absolutely! :yes: I met a lot of great people in those parties.

I definitely understand about preferring arenas. I do too. Not for the transportation factor, as they're right across the street from each other in Vancouver, but for the smaller crowds and better seats. I don't do well in crowds, and neither does my BFF. She's very short, so we're going to do seats most likely, instead of GA. I'm crossing my fingers that we'll be able to get seats close to the stage and low to the ground. I'm terrified of heights, and the last time I saw a concert in the stadium, I had a panic attack because our seats were so high up. :huh: We're definitely willing to pay more for U2, though, so we'll do what we can to get good seats. :)

I'm IMing with my friend on facebook, who's also a huge U2 fan. I told her the guy wasn't a serial killer or anything. Here's what she said:

AHAHA i wouldn't care if he WAS a serial killer - as long as it's after the concert

:lmao:

Does Jobob live near you? She has an MLS and needs a job.

I wish I could be a librarian, but I didn't finish my degree, I ran out of money.

Hmm....I wonder if DG will get a glimpse at McGuinness!!!

nope - she's a good four and a half hours away - and the job is head librarian but it's only $28,000 or something like that

Ooh, DG - you have to see if you can ask Paul a question :flirt: :lmao:

I only have a few minutes until my math class but(as some of you found out via text) thanks to the kindness of fellow interferencer Spaceboy, I AM GOING TO THE SECRET SHOW TOMORROW NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper: :combust: :faint:

I cannot believe this. I really really can't. I have been walking around with a goofy smile on my face for the past 15 minutes. :lol: :lol:

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rockon::rockon: YAY, dg!!! :yippie:

have a fantastic time! :hyper:

stay tune for details later/tomorrow! :sexywink:

I only have a few minutes until my math class but(as some of you found out via text) thanks to the kindness of fellow interferencer Spaceboy, I AM GOING TO THE SECRET SHOW TOMORROW NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper: :combust: :faint:

I cannot believe this. I really really can't. I have been walking around with a goofy smile on my face for the past 15 minutes. :lol: :lol:

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have fun!

Hey Dazz :wave: :hug: How are you tonight?

well I partly still flying from lettterman last week

in fact i'm burning 2 CD's ( 2 copies) of the photos I took last week...

I saw everyone several times AND
i met bono! :hyper::love::drool::drool:

and I heard the last GMA U2 sng (BD) plus the other 2 (Breathe & Vertigo) they did AFTER GMA outside the back gate of Fordham Univ --- i know the area neasr NY Botanical Graden which i've been visiting for ? 25 - 30 years :heart:

BUT I'm soooo stresssed out about the stadium show gettting a tix :scream: esp a GA!

I'm so sorry about your job-hunting stresses :yikes: :( :hug:

and HI laura! :wave:

nope - she's a good four and a half hours away - and the job is head librarian but it's only $28,000 or something like that

Ooh, DG - you have to see if you can ask Paul a question :flirt: :lmao:

"Mr McGuinness, do you prefer Ruffles or Lays?"

:lmao:

Ahhhh still freaking out. Had to leave class for a few. :lol:

Heh heh she said 'lays' heh heh :lmao:

Dazz - that's great! I'm so happy for you!

*thanks*

I wasn't that close to him.... i was behind the people (at the rail) in front of me.......
AND the 2x's over the 4 days that I was at the railing none of them came over to my spot! arg!!!! :angry::lol:

SO NEXT TIME (i hope) will be closer! right at the rail! perhaps tho so close to seeing his eyes which i could not see that well--- ha!!! i might have gotten tounge-tied! :lol:

so all m y pics are either from the "2nd row" or 2x digital (not as good as optical - which i don't have on my camera)

SO isaid to him b/c he stopped for a sec as he was signing a drawing i'm finally trying to finish ( Pencil scanned in to color) a piece i did celebrating the Brooklyn big-

(I practiced short & sweet) thank you for your talent & caring in action
and he stopped for a sec and then said well thank you for saying that......:drool:

Popping in for a quick sec during a glorious study break...not sure if anyone is around. :hmm:

DG that is incredible!! :hyper::drool: I'm sure it doesn't need to be said to have a good time and report back here with every damn detail but I'll say it anyway. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom