PLEBAn Girls Party: Cedars of P(Lebanon)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite good, spring is coming slowly, seems it's a bit shy these days. How's New York? I visited the Big Apple for the first time this summer and had a blast :)

well, welcome to my Home (born & bred ) NYC, glad you had a great time!

we've finally gotten back to more normal late winter temperatures around 40 - 45. We were freezing here first half :grumpy: of last week when U2 arrived. Def missed going one night to stand outside letterman b/c i just too tired from the extra cold & snow the night before. (20F - 15F with windchills > 5F to -5F ) BLEAH. I'm not totally fluent in Celsius yet... :D

Are you more inland or coastal where the waters might modulate temps?

B/c of the extra cold some of our early pre-official Spring flowers have not yet appeared...well at the end of last week I think I saw a bit of crocus leaves. have to go down that block this week. nothing on our street yet.

An Edge fan...... what a genius and nice person (watched him with fans) , too!

I guess you could say I'm more inland, I live just outside of Stockholm.
I went with my twin brother as a graduation gift from our parents, and we did all the tourist things you'd expect someone to do when in New York. I did however take the time to visit Rudy's Music Stop where Edge shops for guitars every now and then. I wanted to try an Explorer as well, but I didn't seem to find one in there so I settled for a guitarstrap instead.
Apart from a slightly scary experience at the Newark Airport I must say New Yorkers are really a nice bunch of people. So social, kind, ordinary yet extra-ordinary. I'd love to come back one day.

:love:Yeah, The Edge is something special for sure.

OK, Stockholm :) will have to relook at a map for it (the city)-- i'll take a fuzzy memory guess-- lower-mid third of the country near west-coast?

:) thanks for speaking well about us!
I've been helped many times by my fellow NYC'rs.
sorry about the Newark Airport stuff, but hey, that's NJ!

Joking! :wink:

I;ve have much loved realtives in nortth NJ, and have been around the Neark airport on several occasions, no problems.

Rudy's Music..... :hmm: I'm sure I've passed by there!

OK, Stockholm :) will have to relook at a map for it (the city)-- i'll take a fuzzy memory guess-- lower-mid third of the country near west-coast?

:) thanks for speaking well about us!
I've been helped many times by my fellow NYC'rs.
sorry about the Newark Airport stuff, but hey, that's NJ!

Joking! :wink:

I;ve have much loved realtives in nortth NJ, and have been around the Neark airport on several occasions, no problems.

Rudy's Music..... :hmm: I'm sure I've passed by there!

Yeah, I'd say that's about correct.
The Newark incident was really just this creepy Homeland Security guy who was asking all sorts of relevant and less relevant things for literally fifteen minutes while asking for fingerprints and taking pictures of our eyes before he let us through. I guess increased security is part of the war on terror so no hard feelings but it didn't start of too good. We can laugh about it now though. :D
We were so sure we would get through easily since we had brand-new passports and all! :lol:

The Newark incident was really just this creepy Homeland Security guy who was asking all sorts of relevant and less relevant things for literally fifteen minutes while asking for fingerprints and taking pictures of our eyes before he let us through. I guess increased security is part of the war on terror so no hard feelings but it didn't start of too good. We can laugh about it now though. :D
We were so sure we would get through easily since we had brand-new passports and all! :lol:

That was not what I was thinking when you said creepy NJ story - I was thinking more like creepy people asking you to carry stuff for them or following you or something!

:wave: I'm Zooey, btw.

oh, yay... my interior "World Map" was close! :D
I try to be an USA'r that knows a fair amount of stuff going on outside our (big) country.

aaaawwww sorry bout the security stuff...... What I hope & believe is that President Obama will be dealing with that in a much smarter, nuanced way than his :)yikes: :mad::yuck: ) predecessor with alot more diplomacy and other stuff. :yes: I kmow I won't agree w this President on everything, but Oh, WHAT a difference already! :yippie: :yippie:

Hi Zooey, nice to meet you! :wave:
I posted a link to my introduction thread on the previous page.

:yawn: Actually, I think I need to get going.
I have to get some sleep if I want some kick-ass tickets on Friday because I won't get much sleep that morning, I guess.
Nice talking to all three of you, I'll see you around and take care now.

Today's a good day - we stayed up late packing last night and I got a lot done at work today too. HOpefully the inlaws will come down to help distract the rugrat during most of the move.
How are you? :hug:

oh, that's good!

Doing good! I'm at art. still trying to finnish trimming my art files down to near a 1GB.
At least the puter is working OK.....yesterday it turned some of my file names into garbled letters -tho always keep the FIRST letter :huh: :lol: of any name i've typed up ! So I had open the one beside me which was fine. Today this one opened up fine this time. :huh: :scratch:

though NO more late nites at the net Cafe till next month- except the day the U2 tix go on sale.... :yikes: :sigh:

oh, that's good!

Doing good! I'm at art. still trying to finnish trimming my art files down to near a 1GB.
At least the puter is working OK.....yesterday it turned some of my file names into garbled letters -tho always keep the FIRST letter :huh: :lol: of any name i've typed up ! Some I had open the one beside me which was fine. Today this one opened up fine this time. :huh: :scratch:

I swear computers are possessed sometimes! We're getting a new modem with the new house so hopefully the internet won't keep cutting out and interfering with my nighttime blue crack addiction!

I think I"m gonna head out in a minute to pick up Little Z.

Hi Zooey, nice to meet you! :wave:
I posted a link to my introduction thread on the previous page.

:yawn: Actually, I think I need to get going.
I have to get some sleep if I want some kick-ass tickets on Friday because I won't get much sleep that morning, I guess.
Nice talking to all three of you, I'll see you around and take care now.

nice to have met you & GOOOOOD LUCK on U2 tix day!

DG got on the bus to Somerville Theatre about 15 mins ago :D No cell phones were allowed so her mom has it, but she said to say hi to all of you :hug:

Btw, for those who have twitter, @u2.com listed two of the songs that were soundchecked :D Not going to spoil, but :happy:

They just listed a third song from soundcheck :hyper: :still not spoiling: The reporter from @u2 who's there just sent a tweet saying she was in line waiting to get in :)

i have to leave :(

:wave: Drea---- I'm crocheting a Light Spring-Green scarf for ST Patrick's Day ( more like a week here in NYC :winK: ) & wear it to UF show 3/20, as well.

i had planned to buy this other more light - medium Olive Green, but then i saw a bunch of single & multi-colored yarns by a Japanese company--

KIOGU

wow! i haven't gone to their site yet (just got it Mon) but ooohhh beautiful collection of multi-colored yARNS AS WELL!~:drool::hyper::drool:

SO I GOIT THAT IN STEAD MAY BE A SMALLER SCARF BUT IT'S BEAUTIFUL COLOR AND COST 14$ INSTEAD OF 20$. AND DOES THE TRICK! I LOVE GREENS AS COLORS ANYWAY!:heart:

oopoppp sorry bout the caps!!!

everyone arriving alter have a good night!

will listen to the U2 boston radio broadcast when I get home :love::hyper::drool:

the question is......will we hear dg in the crowd?!! :wink:

go well!:heart:

:wave: Drea---- I'm crocheting a Light Spring-Green scarf for ST Patrick's Day ( more like a week here in NYC :winK: ) & wear it to UF show 3/20, as well.

i had planned to buy this other more light - medium Olive Green, but then i saw a bunch of single & multi-colored yarns by a Japanese company--

KIOGU

wow! i haven't gone to their site yet (just got it Mon) but ooohhh beautiful collection of multi-colored yARNS AS WELL!~:drool::hyper::drool:

SO I GOIT THAT IN STEAD MAY BE A SMALLER SCARF BUT IT'S BEAUTIFUL COLOR AND COST 14$ INSTEAD OF 20$. AND DOES THE TRICK! I LOVE GREENS AS COLORS ANYWAY!:heart:

oopoppp sorry bout the caps!!!

Koigu :drool: Haven't used it myself but it's great stuff :yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom