PLEBAn Girl Pary - Luck of the Irish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
WildHoney said:
:waiting:

Come on where are you all :madwife:

I have a title i want to use for the next thread :shifty:

Uh-oh, so did I :ohmy:

but you certainly have the right - mine was just a rip-off on this title anyway "Gettin' lucky with the Irish" :wink:

We more often learn Spanish here as a second language, though French is still a popular choice, both are usually offered in High Schools when there is money for such classes

I can't say I did well in Spanish class though :lol: I speak it almost as poorly as Bono :wink:

~BrightestStar~ said:
If you're referring to the UK, funnily enough I just did a group paper about things like that!
:mindmeld: :love:

I have to come up with a new topic though for this presentation, and I've got nothing....

It's also happening in Ireland. Immigrants started descending about 5 years ago on mass, and you can really notice the difference in some of the irish people's attitude. A lot of Irish people are becoming very racist there. The immigrants are very exploited, long hours and not a lot of wages etc

WildHoney said:

It's also happening in Ireland. Immigrants started descending about 5 years ago on mass, and you can really notice the difference in some of the irish people's attitude. A lot of Irish people are becoming very racist there. The immigrants are very exploited, long hours and not a lot of wages etc

Sounds very familiar :hmm: in fact immigration is one of the big issues in the presidential campaign at the moment

of course it is far from NEW here, I can't remember a time when it wasn't like that

WildHoney said:

Ooooo.....this is good. I need to do some googling ..... :hyper:

Any idea where some of these immigrants are coming from?

~BrightestStar~ said:

Ooooo.....this is good. I need to do some googling ..... :hyper:

Any idea where some of these immigrants are coming from?

Many Poland and Eastern Europe since they joined The EU

Most of the exploitation is the men in the Building trade.

I know for a fact they are paid a lot less than irshmen with the same skills

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom