PLEBA Misc News and Articles #3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pandora's Music Box: Rock Stars' Na'vi Avatars : Photos : Rolling Stone

Eh, This Avatar stuff is getting out of hand :hmm:

BonoAvatr.jpg

@U2, January 26, 2010
By: m2​

Via U2tour.de comes news that U2 is nominated for an Echo Award this year in the Best International Rock/Pop Group category. They're up against Black Eyed Peas, Depeche Mode, Razorlight, and A-Ha. The awards are scheduled for March 4th in Berlin.

@U2, January 26, 2010
By: Matt McGee

Yesterday we pointed you over to U2tours.com for some news about possible tour dates in 2011 -- taken from a Paul McGuinness interview in the Chilean newspaper, El Mercurio. But there's more to report from that interview. Here are additional quotes as translated by a fan in the U2start.com forums.

New U2 album: "We'll resume the tour in California, next June ... and of course the boys have been working composing new songs. We probably will release a new album after the tour, but I don't know for sure, I'm not certain."

U2 on Rock Band/Guitar Hero: "We haven't decided what will it be like, but we really wanna do it. And soon. Really soon."

U2 360 Tour: "With this tour, we'll do, at least, 90 concerts; we did 45 last year and we're planning to do another 45 during 2010." (Which tells us that, unless something changes, there will be no additional legs added to the tour this year.)

U2 on guitar hero would be so :drool: I think that will get me addicted again.

Please let it be Rock Band and not Guitar Hero though! I hope U2 know which is the right choice! Psst... U2..... see Beatles and Green Day. :up:

From an interview with Chris Harrison who did that awesome hijacking of an interview with Edge at the Golden Globes:

TVGuide.com: Any embarrassing moments from that night?
Harrison: I don't know if it's embarrassing or just a gushing thing, but I had one rule on the red carpet and that was if Bono or the Edge appear than I get to interview them. I am an unabashed, ridiculously psycho fan of U2 — By far the greatest rock 'n' roll band of all time. So Edge shows up and I don't know how the signals got crossed but he ends up with Carrie Ann Inaba. I literally unhooked my stuff and went down and hijacked the interview. Honestly, I'm never a gushy fan, I just wanted to talk to him about his music and what's coming up next for them, not because I really cared if anybody at home wanted to know — that was an interview for me. ... For most everything else, I'm like, what would people at home want to know, but with the Edge it didn't matter.

That was so adorably awesome, cause I could imagine me doing the same damn thing if I was ever in the position.

Oh and here's another U2 related question:

TVGuide.com: So it's safe to say if Bono walks by you on Sunday, that interview is yours.
Harrison: Carrie Ann and I will be together on the carpet but yeah, from now on I don't think anyone will be confused about who gets to interview U2.

From an interview with Chris Harrison who did that awesome hijacking of an interview with Edge at the Golden Globes:

That was so adorably awesome, cause I could imagine me doing the same damn thing if I was ever in the position.

Oh and here's another U2 related question:

^^ LOL!! What a fan boy Chris Harrison is !! LOL!

That was great, and hilarious hearing him admit to it too because it was so obvious! :lol:

Bono to recite for Walesa?

28.01.2010 16:01
Bono, lead singer of U2 will most probably participate in ceremonies marking the 30th anniversary of the August 1980’ strikes in the Gdansk shipyard, which gave birth to Solidarity movement led by Lech Walesa.

Bono, who frequently performs in Poland with U2 and is known for his sympathy, seems to be the obvious choice for a celebrity to mark the anniversary of the strikes in the Gdansk shipyard. However, this time the organizers would not like Bono to sing, but to recite the words of the U2 song New Year’s Day, loosely inspired by the Solidarity movement.

Among other artists being considered to take part in the ceremony include Lou Reed, Patti Smith, Philip Glass, Bob Dylan, Leonard Cohen, Justin Timberlake, Cesaria Evora, Bjork and Grace Jones on 31 August. Famous Polish actors Krystyna Janda and Jerzy Radziwiłowicz are also said to perform.

“We are still holding talks with a number of artists so I cannot confirm yet who exactly will participate in the ceremony,” says Elizabeth di’Mambro, one of the organizers. (mg)

Source: Polska The Times

The "Hope For Haiti Now" charity album debuts at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart with 171,000 sold according to Nielsen SoundScan, becoming the first digital-exclusive set to top the tally in its nearly 54-year history.

Latest Music News, Band, Artist, Musician & Music Video News | Billboard.com

on a side note I LOVE that they put the Bono/JayZ/Edge/Rhianna peformance as the first picture :D:up:

SERKIS WANTS TO PLAY BONO

Jan 29 2010

LORD OF THE RINGS star ANDY SERKIS has one acting ambition left to fulfil - he wants to play U2 frontman BONO in a biopic of the Irish rocker's life.
Serkis recently delved into the music world with a portrayal of the Blockheads star Ian Dury in Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll.
And he would love to land a role playing another music icon - Bono.
He tells British music magazine NME, "I could do Bono. Someone will have to write the screenplay."
Serkis would also relish the chance to play troubled Pogues singer Shane MACGowan. He adds, "Someone also suggested Shane MACGowan to me, that's not a bad story."

andy_serkis.jpg

ANDY SERKIS WANTS BONO ROLEAndy Serkis wants to follow up his portrayal of Blockheads frontman Ian Dury by playing U2 singer Bono.

Andy Serkis wants to play Bono in a film of the U2 rocker's life.

The acclaimed actor - who can bee seen playing late British musician Ian Dury in new film 'Sex and Drugs and Rock and Roll' - would be keen on portraying the Irish rocker on the big screen in a biopic, but only if the right script came along.

He said: "I could do Bono. Someone will have to write the screenplay."

Serkis, 45, would also be interested in playing Pogues singer Shane MacGowan - famous for his alcoholism, dental problems and classic Christmas single 'Fairytale of New York'.

He added: "Someone also suggested Shane MacGowan to me, that's not a bad story."

Serkis' next projects are Steven Spielberg's big screen adaptation of cartoon favourite 'Tintin' and most probably 'The Hobbit' in which he will reprise his role as Gollum - who he portrayed with the aid of computer generated imagery (CGI) in the 'Lord of the Rings' trilogy.

Serkis revealed to NME magazine: "Nothing's signed and sealed with 'The Hobbit' yet, but it's looking pretty certain - when we were shooting 'Tintin' in New Zealand I spent a day with Guillermo del Toro and we talked about how Gollum was going to be approached. It was fantastic to see where he was going with regards to Middle Earth. 'Tintin' was an extraordinary project to work on."

28 January 2010 05:45:32 AM

*Personally I DON'T see it* *no sex appeal* :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom