Pleba girls party-I led Bono on with my innocent eyes.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi girls :hug:

Dazzled, that is SO COOL that you got to experience all that! Of course the times weren't without tragedies :sad: but there were also some thrilling and amazing cultural and political events. :hug: Stuff that some of us have only read about.

sami0201 said:

no if you walk into my great grandpas house you'll see why :lmao: :crazy: He's one of those people who collects everything he gets his hands on...and saves EVERYTHING. and to add to it my great grandma used to collect a ton of stuff too when she'd go around to antique stores and flea markets and stuff and he hasn't gone through it yet and none of us (my grandma, my mom, my aunts) are brave enough to do it It'll take months :ohmy: There's probably some really cool stuff in that house though

so in short, I haven't seen it because it'll take me a year to find :

sounds like my grandparents house:lmao::crazy:

speaking of haunted computers...in the Lemonade stand they are talking about it:ohmy: some started a thread with no title and its freaking everyone out..including sicy:ohmy:

am I really talking to real people:uhoh: or is this just a bunch of haunted computers:yikes:

VintagePunk said:

Dazzled, that is SO COOL that you got to experience all that! Of course the times weren't without tragedies :sad: but there were also some thrilling and amazing cultural and political events. :hug: Stuff that some of us have only read about.

VP!!!!:drool:

is this really you:eyebrow: ...or just your computer speaking:yikes:

Sad_Girl said:
My favorite thing when I was a kid was my little portable record player - I used to get into my mom's 45's and listen to them every chance I got - the Beatles have always been one of my favorite to listen to, way before I knew anything about their history or politics or 'cool' and 'uncool' etc... It's funny, because now Jeffy recognizes them when he hears them, too, and likes a lot of the songs he's heard of theirs

I can only imagine having had the chance to see them :hyper:

My mom was a hard core Beatlemaniac, growing up, she had posters all over and everything - she still has such a crush on Paul McCartney :cute:

:D :hug:

I was a Paul girl first,,,but i found later as I grew out of the teenybopper stage that i prefered John.......

but I saw John & Paul UPCLOsE reaLLY....AT THE SAME.....:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: nbc gARAGE THAT i MEET aDAM AT!!!!!!!!!

mY AND THT SAME FRIEND.....WE WERE THE ONLY ONES AT THAT MOMENT WHO WERE ON THE RIGHT STREET WHEN THE GARAGE DOOR OPENED and thier Limo drove out..cashy was on Pauls, side of the window and i was on John's side :augh:

sami0201 said:

no! I'd love to hear it though :hyper:

my psych teacher met John and Yoko when they'd come down to Palm Beach to vacation :cool:

I hate to steal someone elses story and then screw it all up :yikes:

but if I recall correctly - her mom basically saw them in a limo and ran after it, they were at a stoplight or something, John rolled the window down and gave her a rose and one of them, John or Paul said something about 'a beautiful flower for a beautiful girl' or something along those lines.

It was an OMG sort of experience! Amy said her mom had the flowers pressed and dried and she used to look at them a lot

Again, I'm paraphrasing from memory, can't vouch for the exact accuracy of the story

sami0201 said:

I know :tsk:

but wanna know a funny/cool story? My other grandma, her brother was a huge Beatles fan when they first became popular in England (when they weren't THAT well known here yet) and somehow he found out the day they were arriving at JFK airport in NY...so he skipped school that day without telling my great-grandpa (he must have been in high school i think) to meet them at the airport. So he met the Beatles as they were coming off the plane and my great grandpa (his dad) had no idea. Then the next day on the cover of the newspaper is a picture of him shaking their hands as they're coming down the steps of the plane :lmao: :cute:
my great grandpa still has that newspaper somewhere in his house :yes: my grandma's brother died a few years ago suddenly, so I never got to hear the story from him :sigh:

that's a faBULOUS AND sOOOOO FUNNY STORY!!! SAMI!!!!

*MUST GO LOOK IT UP ON MICRO FILM/FICHE!!!!*....:happy:

dazzledbylight said:

cause i thot you might be offended by an "older" woman drooling over our guys :uhoh:tho that old saw is beginning to rust ..... not so when i was in my 20's

Pfft! :rolleyes: you've got good taste! there's no age limit on that :)

Besides, U2Granny os older than the guys, too, so it's nothing new around here :)

I'm sure they've been flirted with by older women a few times in their lives :sexywink: :laugh:

dazzledbylight said:

cause i thot you might be offended by an "older" woman drooling over our guys :uhoh:tho that old saw is beginning to rust ..... not so when i was in my 20's

no way Jose:hug: are you kidding! my mom is 52 also...she drools over Bono just like I do:yes:

VintagePunk said:

:hug;]

well I've been sort of ...feeling like a "keeper of the Flame" so to speak...........of those years and the hopes that were around before .or each time something awful happened AND :YES; THERE WERE amaZING THINGS THAT HAPPENED.....AND I CAN SAY i',M GLAD TIO HAVE LIVED WHEN SOME OF THOSE PEOPLE were alive and i was cogent/precocious enough to be paying attention!

BTw vp i COMKMENT EARLIER THAT YOU'D PARTICUALarly understand >not the bad typos< but that when i get very passionATE EITHER pos OR nEG mY PINK UTOMATICALLY HITS THE cap KEY,

anD WITH MY LIMITED TIME I can't always go back to lowercase everything

about tio be logged off

thanks for the "reWelcome" every one :hug:

go well

dazzledbylight said:

:shame: You are timeless, my dear. :hug: And besides, regardless of age, you're human and female aren't you? They're quite irresistable to any age group. :wink:

VintagePunk said:

:shame: You are timeless, my dear. :hug: And besides, regardless of age, you're human and female aren't you? They're quite irresistable to any age group. :wink:

:lmao: forgot to tell you girls- my 5 and 9 year old cousins now recognize Bono/U2 when they see them on tv :D My 9 year old cousin knows which ones Bono and The Edge are (hey, it's a start! :wink: )

*is proud*

Sad_Girl said:
Who's gonna start the new thread? :shifty:

NOT IT! :D :p

should we do something that has to do with Lennon...or should we not?

PGP...remembering the Original of the Species.

?:shrug:

Dismantled said:

should we do something that has to do with Lennon...or should we not?

PGP...remembering the Original of the Species.

?:shrug:

that'd be nice :heart:

I was thinking more along the lines of the possessed computers and ghost threads :lmao:

sami0201 said:

that'd be nice :heart:

I was thinking more along the lines of the possessed computers and ghost threads :lmao:

:lmao: that would be hysterical....

now think of something:angry:

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom