PLEBA girls party-DG's homecoming....sort of.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
VintagePunk said:
BG!!! :hug: I'm well, thanks. You?

No one would talk to me, and so that forced me to do something productive. I just threw a load into the washing machine. :drool:

So exciting VP :hyper:

Smell of clean clothes :drool:

I'm good thanks honey, allergies getting me down though :(

Allergies. :madspit: I was all sneezy for a few days about a week ago, but it's all hot and humid here again...as much as I hate humidity, it prevents the pollen from flying around.

Getting excited about your show?? :hyper:

BG, I just found a bunch of books on London, Prince C, Diana :heart: and stuff. Been cleaning out a book case to move.

VP, I found old LPs priced $6.99

Richard Marx
Richard Simmons "Reach" :huh:
Olivia Newton John "Lets Get Physical"
Blues Brothers
tons of stuff in the bottom of this book case........
I really have too much crap.

greeneyedgirl said:
Oh, did I. Remember those HUGE cans of hairspray that were like 15 inches tall and cost about $20. I was such an '80's girl.

I had hair like that till...uh...about 5 years ago. :reject:

Sarah looks at old pics and says it's 80's hair, but it wasn't. :mad:

It was just really long and wavy....it wasn't all huge and poufy. :|

I think I'm gonna let it grow again. But when it gets a few inches past my shoulders now, I get tired of it, and end up hacking it off.

greeneyedgirl said:
BG, I just found a bunch of books on London, Prince C, Diana :heart: and stuff. Been cleaning out a book case to move.

Richard Marx
Blues Brothers

:lol: I have about 300 old albums sitting in a closet. I'm sure at least half of them would fall under the highly embarassing category.

VintagePunk said:
Allergies. :madspit: I was all sneezy for a few days about a week ago, but it's all hot and humid here again...as much as I hate humidity, it prevents the pollen from flying around.

Getting excited about your show?? :hyper:

I'm as giddy as santa on prozac at the minute VP!

3 days!!!!! :drool: :drool:

1st U2 show ever, cant beleive my luck with getting the tickets.

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

greeneyedgirl said:

Richard Marx
Blues Brothers

That's inspired me to rummage through my nineties cheesy pop collection....

:ohmy: They are too embarrassing to even share!

DG, my friend just moved back to London and gave me a bunch of stuff. The Queen Jubilee junk, pins and tins, booklets........

Sorta neat. Guess she figures I would like cause of my love of history and all.

I think I have every Journy and Barry Manilow there ever was :drool:

Have a bunch of 45s at my p's, but they're all Cher, Elvis, Beach Boys, lots of late '60s and '70s, some from when I was really little that belonged to my babysitters. Most of that is what I refer to as "music to tan by" :wink:

greeneyedgirl said:
I think I have every Journy and Barry Manilow there ever was :drool:

Have a bunch of 45s at my p's, but they're all Cher, Elvis, Beach Boys, lots of late '60s and '70s, some from when I was really little that belonged to my babysitters. Most of that is what I refer to as "music to tan by" :wink:

:lol: I have a ton of 45's too..stuff I "appropriated" from my older brother and sister. :wink: Beatles, Beach Boys... :drool:

BTW, I have begun my mission to convert my sister into a U2 fan. Yesterday, while I was driving her around, I played the greatest hits 90 - 00 cd, carefully selecting songs I knew she would like. Also, now that she's off work she's bored and begging for company. I plan to invade her house soon with the Greatest Hits dvd. :evil:

My dad was a professional roller skater in the late '50s and still has all of his old records, mostly opera, waltzs and classical. He still plays them, when mom is away. (she's such a :mad: and won't let him play them when she is there)

greeneyedgirl said:
It's great that we have all those records, but....uh....no record player :eyebrow: .
Thats ok though, tons of cds to listen to........

I just got Sarah a turntable for Christmas in 2003. We had big plans to pull out all these old albums, and give them a listen. I think we did that for two or three evenings, we listened to a bunch of Beatles stuff (she was in a Beatles phase at the time), as well as Carole King's Tapestry, and a few others. I don't think we've used it since. :reject:

greeneyedgirl said:
My dad was a professional roller skater in the late '50s and still has all of his old records, mostly opera, waltzs and classical. He still plays them, when mom is away. (she's such a :mad: and won't let him play them when she is there)

:(

Let the conversion begin :lol:

Luckily, one of my brothers is a huge U2 fan. The other boys and Mr GG are still heavy into Journey.
I'll never forget the first time we stayed at Bryan's after he was married. We were all in the living room getting drunk and singing with Steve Perry when my new sister-in-law came into the room and was like WTF. The look on her face was priceless, like she was having seconds thoughts about being a part of this family if wknds were going to be like this.:lol:

greeneyedgirl said:
Let the conversion begin :lol:

Luckily, one of my brothers is a huge U2 fan. The other boys and Mr GG are still heavy into Journey.
I'll never forget the first time we stayed at Bryan's after he was married. We were all in the living room getting drunk and singing with Steve Perry when my new sister-in-law came into the room and was like WTF. The look on her face was priceless, like she was having seconds thoughts about being a part of this family if wknds were going to be like this.:lol:

I've already brought my brother around. He pretended he didn't like them for a long time, but then his wife told me that he had about 50 U2 songs downloaded on his play list. :lol: He's the type though that doesn't like the 90's stuff so much, but likes JT, R&H, and the new album a lot.

I have several Journey albums too...and almost everything Cheap Trick has ever done.

Your poor SIL. She was probably wondering if it was too late for an annulment. :lol:

greeneyedgirl said:
Yeah, I got issues with my mom.
Just recently.....she called "MY" cell phone # to wish "MR GG" a happy Fathers Day. Uh, he's not a dad. :huh:

:lmao: OMG!!!!

By the way, I've been meaning to tell you, about a hundred threads back, when you listed your reasons for not having kids, I just about peed myself laughing!!!! Mr. GG's penis is too small. Mr. GG's penis is too big. I'm actually a man. :lmao: :lmao:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom