Please listen... my first decent demo..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

edgiot

Babyface
If there are any musicians hanging out in here, I'd like them to critique this little demo i put together tonight. There aren't any lyrics per se.... just kinda flu infected scat singin... mostly cause i just wrote the music today and haven't had a chance to flesh out any lyrics yet....... anyway, enough disclaimers..... this should be a direct link.... http://members.home.net/ac30kev/tastes.mp3

feedback is appreciated
thnx.
biggrin.gif

(like i can even hide my musical influences)

not sure what happened, but I tried downloading it three times, and each time it starts and finishes in 5 secs, so I only the first few seconds...

You couldn't hide those influences behind Mt. Everest!
wink.gif
But seriously, this sounds great. I'm not really a musician or anything, so I can't give you any helpful feedback, but you are obviously talented. Where are you from, if you don't mind? And, are you currently in a band?

------------------
**Still looking for the
face I had before the
world was made....**

**Work like you don't
need money, love like
you've never been hurt,
and dance like no
one's watching.**

ok...did you steal this from the UF outtakes??????

Seriously though, you're obviously talented.

I don't want to sound like an asshole, but it's not very origional in some respects. I seriously feel like I'm listening to a U2 soundcheck or something when I listen to it (not that there is anything wrong with that!)

Being an aspiring musician myself, I know the struggle. I wrote this (IMHO) damn fine song for my electronic music class. When my friends heard it they said "uh, U2/Oasis/The Samples...good song, but un-origional". I was crushed. But the truth is, I haven't found *my* sound....I play what I know, which is that.

Keep on pushing. You've got the talent and understand of what makes a good song. Now you just need to find your groove, your style. And who knows? You just might be create the next Big Thing!

Good luck
smile.gif

I have to commend you ... this is absolute genius. Not too much music gets me excited anymore. Usually, the only music that gets me excited anymore is new U2 music or the weird stuff like Radiohead. I have to say that I was shivering as I listened to this ... over and over and over again. It's wonderful and perfect. I don't think you need words because it's brilliant as an out of focus type of thing. This seriously sounds like it is from The Unforgettable Fire. You have lots and lots of talent. And you sound a lot like Bono and your guitar very Edge-ish. I only wish I could get my own songs recorded so you could hear what I have to say and play in my music. I am interested to know, though, are you in a band or just solo?

Edgiot,

I have to say that's beautiful. Reminds me of Radiohead, as much as it does U2. You have great potential, as this piece is already stunning (you don't even have to turn it into a full song, although if you do, I'd love to hear it!). You also live in Vancouver, right? I'd love to hear more of your stuff. This might sound silly to you, but if you ever want to write lyrics together or come up with music together, give me an e-mail: kitsmikey@yahoo.ca

REALLY IMPRESSED!

------------------
The Tempest

Nice work edgiot, Michael just pointed your tune to me again. I downloaded it when you first put it up, i think its great work. I'd love it if you posted the lyrics as i am a lyricist/singer myself, who just happens to live in Burnaby, B.C. love to hear from you if you have the time, my e-mail is kangrejoz@home.com

------------------
i blame myself for being too much like somebody else, never thought i would just bend this way
then a phone call made me realize i'm wrong...
---4am---

Edgiot - I tried the link you put up and couldn't get it to work for me. After all the fantastic comments above, I was really looking forward to hearing it too... I'll try again later on...

Hello! I downloaded it. It lasts twenty secs right? Well, so far it sounds good. Definitely has U2 influences. I hope you develop it further and let us hear your polished work. Okay? Thanks, man.

Keep it up, keep it up.

foray

------------------
"Please--tame me!" he said. "I want to, very much," the little prince replied. "But I have not much time. I have friends to discover, and a great many things to understand." "One only understands the things that one tames," said the fox.

Foray,

No, it actually lasts about 3 minutes or so. It get's really good around the 2:25 mark or so, but it's good throughout. Pretty much a cross between Radiohead and U2, with a bit of Edgiot thrown in for good measure! Sounds awesome.

------------------
The Tempest

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom