Pink Floyd Best Song Survivor: Round 1 - More

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote for your LEAST favourite song!

• Cirrus Minor

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • The Nile Song

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Crying Song

• Up the Khyber

• Green is the Colour

• Cymbaline

• Party Sequence

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Main Theme

• Ibiza Bar

• More Blues

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Quicksilver

• A Spanish Piece

• Dramatic Theme

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

cobl04

45:33
Interferencers Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun until they reached they planet More.

Votes:
Let There Be More Light - 13
Set the Controls - 5
Total - 18

Songs eliminated so far:
12. Let There Be More Light
11. Jugband Blues
10. Remember a Day
9. A Saucerful of Secrets
8. Corporal Clegg
7. See-Saw
6. Astronomy Domine
5. Interstellar Overdrive
4. Flaming
3. Matilda Mother
=2. Take up Thy Stethoscope and Walk
=2. The Gnome
=2. Chapter 24
=2. The Scarecrow
=2. Bike
1. Pow R. Toc H.

Finalists:
Piper at the Gates of Dawn - Lucifer Sam
A Saucerful of Secrets - Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun

Round One of More now, polls opn for a day.

:)

There's a bloody lot of themes here.

I'm guessing interest will be rather mininmal here. Oh well two more rounds to go until the reeeal fun starts.

Maybe for this one, we should do something like only keeping the top 5 after this round...? :hmm:

ETA: I voted for Party Sequence.

I quite like this album, and will be greatly upset if "Cirrus Minor" does not win this round. In my mind, it is one of their ten best songs. For now, "A Spanish Piece" needs to go.

I hate this album. :hyper: Only ones I feel are worth listening to are Cirrus Minor ( :drool: ), Green Is The Colour, and The Nile Song at a stretch.

I voted for Party Sequence. It's not much of a party.

I voted for Quicksilver. Long, boring, pointless.

This is a good album. I'm supporting Cymbaline. :hyper:

Still have to go through Ummagumma, Atom Heart Mother, Relics, Meddle, and Obscured By Clouds before we get to the glory years...

But if Meddle is part of the glory years, and the four I mentioned are part of the glory years, then logically Obscured By Clouds has to be part of the glory years too since it's in between Meddle and the others...:wink:

namkcuR said:
But if Meddle is part of the glory years, and the four I mentioned are part of the glory years, then logically Obscured By Clouds has to be part of the glory years too since it's in between Meddle and the others...:wink:

It's a soundtrack like More. Doesn't really have the same weight. :wink:

From what I gather the top five stick around Meddle, Dark Side, Wish You Were Here, Animals and The Wall. Certainly, they're the five I have got.

Can you think of many bands who had a better run of albums then Dark Side --> Wish You Were Here --> Animals --> The Wall??

And sorry, but we'll struggle through it, unless everyone wants to go top five.

COBL_04 said:
From what I gather the top five stick around Meddle, Dark Side, Wish You Were Here, Animals and The Wall. Certainly, they're the five I have got.

Can you think of many bands who had a better run of albums then Dark Side --> Wish You Were Here --> Animals --> The Wall??

And sorry, but we'll struggle through it, unless everyone wants to go top five.

Everything between and including Meddle to The Final Cut = the greatest run of all time by any band, IMO.

I love Obscured By Clouds (I just have to pretend that Absolutely Curtains doesn't exist). Sure, it's severely lacking in the concept department, but the overall sound on that album is just great. It also features what is probably the greatest song that David Gilmour wrote by himself.

I haven't listened to OBC in a long time actually. And since I'm procrastinating...I think that's what I'll listen to right now.

Revolver-Sgt.Pepper-Magical Mystery Tour-White Album-Abbey Road

War-UF-Joshua-R&H-AB-Zooropa

The Bends-OK Computer-Kid A-Amnesiac-HTTT

LZII-LZIII-ZOSO-Physical Graffiti-HOTH

BloodSugarSexMagik-One Hot Minute-Californication-BTW-Stadium Arcadium

Just some.

DSOM-WYWH-Animals-Wall is damn good though.

namkcuR said:
Revolver-Sgt.Pepper-Magical Mystery Tour-White Album-Abbey Road

War-UF-Joshua-R&H-AB-Zooropa

The Bends-OK Computer-Kid A-Amnesiac-HTTT

LZII-LZIII-ZOSO-Physical Graffiti-HOTH

BloodSugarSexMagik-One Hot Minute-Californication-BTW-Stadium Arcadium

Just some.

DSOM-WYWH-Animals-Wall is damn good though.

I'm with GG here; Floyd's run trumps them all. Only that of Zeppelin really comes close. Speaking of GG, I came incredibly close to changing my avatar to the same picture of Waters and the gong only a few days ago.

I don't know why I didn't think of this till now. Don't Cirrus Minor and A Saucerful Of Secrets have identical endings with exact same chords? :scratch:

LemonMelon said:
Main Theme = Set The Controls

They sound like the same song. :huh:

Are you talking about those drums in the middle of Main Theme? cos I don't hear much similarity.

Zootlesque said:

Are you talking about those drums in the middle of Main Theme? cos I don't hear much similarity.

No, I'm talking about whatever guitar (bass?) tone it is they're using. They are exactly the same, and the melody isn't all that different. Controls is a bit slower, but that's the only difference. Listen to Main Theme at about 1:12 and you'll hear it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom