Pics with full member on a shot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
u2

b10001.jpg
:grouphug::heart::D

Excellent :up:

(the leprechaun is the best :lol: )

yes I love the leprechauns! :D

I know that what I'm about to say don't have a direct link with this thread but I don't know who to ask or how. I have an EmoLarry but I don't know where to post.Lately seems I'm not lucky with the post. thanks in advance.:wave:

I've just realize that this is really the pic in that bar in Madrid.... Casa Julio...

They went to make a some pics and they ended up having dinner there... croquetas, tortilla.... :lol:

I should pass by there next time I'm on Madrid... :D

I've just realize that this is really the pic in that bar in Madrid.... Casa Julio...

They went to make a some pics and they ended up having dinner there... croquetas, tortilla.... :lol:

I should pass by there next time I'm on Madrid... :D

Yes, it's Casa Julio in Madrid, the pic was taken in 2000 during a photoshot for ATYCLB, the band had dinner there and Bono commented on the croquettes and coffee, this pic and some others are hanging on the walls. The place, in the centre of Madrid, is a pilgrimage site for every fan and most Spanish actors and singers can be seen there sporadically.

Yes, it's Casa Julio in Madrid, the pic was taken in 2000 during a photoshot for ATYCLB, the band had dinner there and Bono commented on the croquettes and coffee, this pic and some others are hanging on the walls. The place, in the centre of Madrid, is a pilgrimage site for every fan and most Spanish actors and singers can be seen there sporadically.

You're right,also I found this story.Curious.

Las croquetas de Bono ? ELPA?S.com

Traduction:

Hands are small, slightly pink, soft, despite carrying a lifetime kneading dough, beating eggs and chopping potatoes. Bono, rock star at the helm of U2,stroked the warm hands: "The two, huh?" Says the old lady. "They took them to his lips and kissed it. Then, in spanish said: 'Nice to meet you, lady."

The story begins with the members of U2 looking for a charming space for a photo shoot. It was 2000 and the group was in Madrid to attend the Amigo award ceremony . But first they wanted to make photographs that would serve for a promotional campaign. When they entered in Casa Julio were clear. "We look dazzles former tavern. In the beginning going to be two hours, but remained more than five," says the owner. Anecdotes are piled in the speech of Louis and his mother. The Irish ate omelette and ham and drank too much coffee. Bassist, Adam Clayton, tried the coffee and told his companions: "It's great, try it. Bono and guitarist The Edge, were the most chatterbox. At the other end, park in words, was the drummer, Larry Mullen. "She sat in a chair and just opened his mouth to eat," says the owner. Bono even brought good side to bad weather(I don't know if i've translated this sentence right). When the sky turned dark, then the singer of a U2 sang "o sooooole mio."

The photo shoot ended at two in the afternoon. At that time, Bono and The Edge asked for a glass of wine."They only took one but a bottle for the hotel" said Luis Torres.The group left with a full stomach and the photos they wanted. But Bono's famous glasses were forgotten in the tavern. Luis Torres: "The truth is that I saw them,but I did not comment on anything to the singer. Economically for him do not mean anything, but I had liked to have them of recollection. Within a few minutes, Bono returned and gathered them ". The group disappeared and, from this moment,Casa Julio,has become a place of pilgrimage for U2 fans, who on Tuesday published a new album, No line on the horizon. :applaud:

a little bigger

U2casajulio.jpg

Las croquetas de Bono � ELPA�S.com

It was the newspaper article what make me remember I had this pic, thank you for the bigger one. I'm from Madrid and I've been there several times. This place is very near the club where the band met a strange man, a kind of bar philosopher, Bono started to imitate him and eventually he developed the Fly from it, the club was called "Eligeme" and was property of Joaquin Sabina (a Spanish singer), unfortunately it doesn't exist any more, there's a salsa club in the site. The story appears in U2 by U2.

It was the newspaper article what make me remember I had this pic, thank you for the bigger one. I'm from Madrid and I've been there several times. This place is very near the club where the band met a strange man, a kind of bar philosopher, Bono started to imitate him and eventually he developed the Fly from it, the club was called "Eligeme" and was property of Joaquin Sabina (a Spanish singer), unfortunately it doesn't exist any more, there's a salsa club in the site. The story appears in U2 by U2.

So, you're from Madrid? I'm from Vitoria... :sexywink:

I've heard the story about this bar hundreds of times, but I've never been to that bar... I'm going to Madrid later this month, could you tell me in which street it's that bar located???

Oh really? I thought that was MacPhisto.. :hmm:

Well, I'm just trying to remember, I think that Bono has always said that the inspiration for Mr MacPhisto was an English pop star whose golden times have passed and he's performing in a club in Las Vegas, but he resists to admit it, it makes sense with the kind of clothes he wears too, the idea of turning him into a little devil was, I think, from Gavin Frriday.
The Fly is this kind of man who spends his day in a bar and drinks and talks with everyone who wants to listen to him (a bar-fly), he thinks he's very clever, and that he has the secret of the world, but in reality he's just using common places to make himself interesting.
I think the story about this man he got to met in Madrid is in U2 by U2, but I can't check it out as I have lent it to someone, I'm sure Bono has told this story in interviews here in Spain, if I remember correctly this happened during the JT tour, they spent some time in Madrid prior to their concert, at that time Madrid was experimenting a cultural "renaicesnce" with many interesting and experimental trends that was known as "La movida madrileña", Pedro Almodovar, for example, was part of it . Of course I can be mistaken, I tell you I'm talking by memory.

Las croquetas de Bono ? ELPA͓.com

Traduction:

Hands are small, slightly pink, soft, despite carrying a lifetime kneading dough, beating eggs and chopping potatoes. Bono, rock star at the helm of U2,stroked the warm hands: "The two, huh?" Says the old lady. "They took them to his lips and kissed it. Then, in spanish said: 'Nice to meet you, lady."

The story begins with the members of U2 looking for a charming space for a photo shoot. It was 2000 and the group was in Madrid to attend the Amigo award ceremony . But first they wanted to make photographs that would serve for a promotional campaign. When they entered in Casa Julio were clear. "We look dazzles former tavern. In the beginning going to be two hours, but remained more than five," says the owner. Anecdotes are piled in the speech of Louis and his mother. The Irish ate omelette and ham and drank too much coffee. Bassist, Adam Clayton, tried the coffee and told his companions: "It's great, try it. Bono and guitarist The Edge, were the most chatterbox. At the other end, park in words, was the drummer, Larry Mullen. "She sat in a chair and just opened his mouth to eat," says the owner. Bono even brought good side to bad weather(I don't know if i've translated this sentence right). When the sky turned dark, then the singer of a U2 sang "o sooooole mio."

The photo shoot ended at two in the afternoon. At that time, Bono and The Edge asked for a glass of wine."They only took one but a bottle for the hotel" said Luis Torres.The group left with a full stomach and the photos they wanted. But Bono's famous glasses were forgotten in the tavern. Luis Torres: "The truth is that I saw them,but I did not comment on anything to the singer. Economically for him do not mean anything, but I had liked to have them of recollection. Within a few minutes, Bono returned and gathered them ". The group disappeared and, from this moment,Casa Julio,has become a place of pilgrimage for U2 fans, who on Tuesday published a new album, No line on the horizon. :applaud:

a little bigger

U2casajulio.jpg

Thank you for sharing that story! it was nice! and your translation was very good ;):up:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom