Pic req: Studios

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
some Larry in the studios

larryboard.jpg

larrytrack.jpg

zooaclarry.jpg

HANSA STUDIOS - Berlin

Notice, in the first pic... the bass guitar that Adam is playing is the same bass he's been playing for "Magnificent" during the U2:360 tour. Gibson RD Artist. Great that he's finally taken that from merely a studio bass to a stage bass.

The same can be said of the white Les Paul Triumph bass, that is to Adam's right in the second picture. Seen in some studio pics during the Zoo - NLOTH sessions, it wasn't until the U2:360 tour that he began to play it live, using it for "One" on some of the U2:360 dates.

u2dublinbandstudio.jpg

Abbey Road, if memory serves me correctly; From when they were working on "Windows In The Sky" and "...Saints"

I respectfully disagree, this can not be a picture from the Abbey Road sessions.
If you recall, the sessions took place in 2006 and this picture was clearly taken before that. Bono's style gives it all away:

1) The sunglasses are clearly the All That You Can't Leave Behind/Elevation Tour Bvlgari shades, no doubt about that. In 2006, he wore the first Emporio Armani (RED) shades before changing to the Emporio Armani sunglasses that he uses today - with the star and all.

2) While at the start of the Vertigo Tour Bono brought back his longer hairstyle, it was cut short around the time for the Abbey Road sessions, as it has been for this tour. See the music video for The Saints Are Coming or Corbijns pictures of the band at the famous zebra crossing for reference. In this shot, he does have the longer hairstyle so it could be during their recording of either Electrical Storm or perhaps Vertigo. This post also reveals that Bono still wore the Bvlgari's as Vertigo was being worked on, in Dublin: Fóruns da Ultraviolet - Ver Uma Mensagem - LILLYWHITE DIZ QUE O NOVO SINGLE DO U2 ESTÁ PRONTO - Tudo pronto até o início de Julho!

I remember seeing this picture on U2.com but can't recall the exact year but it was from after the Elevation Tour finished at least. I think in was taken in Eze as a matter of fact, even though the URL states "u2dublinbandstudio".

Perhaps someone else can fill in the blanks? :up:

I always had that one filed as Dublin but didn't know anything more about it, except that I kept it in my Elevation era folder just based on the guys looks!

Then what studio is it? It isn't their studio in Dublin. HQ does't have a room that big.

It might be another London Studio. Doesn't look like Olympic. Plus I think that U2 only used Olympic for NLOTH.

Might have been whatever studio was used for "Electrical Storm".

..:: U2 Discography - Electrical Storm Single / U2 - U2Wanderer.Org ::..

That said (check the recording information at U2 Wanderer) it could be "The Leonard Hotel" in London OR Eze, France.

I seem to remember reading a caption when I first saw this photo ages back that said 'London'. Hence my original guess at it being a room at Abbey Road. But then again... would an active hotel like The Leonard have a full band recording facility? Interesting...

I respectfully disagree, this can not be a picture from the Abbey Road sessions.
If you recall, the sessions took place in 2006 and this picture was clearly taken before that. Bono's style gives it all away:

1) The sunglasses are clearly the All That You Can't Leave Behind/Elevation Tour Bvlgari shades, no doubt about that. In 2006, he wore the first Emporio Armani (RED) shades before changing to the Emporio Armani sunglasses that he uses today - with the star and all.

2) While at the start of the Vertigo Tour Bono brought back his longer hairstyle, it was cut short around the time for the Abbey Road sessions, as it has been for this tour. See the music video for The Saints Are Coming or Corbijns pictures of the band at the famous zebra crossing for reference. In this shot, he does have the longer hairstyle so it could be during their recording of either Electrical Storm or perhaps Vertigo. This post also reveals that Bono still wore the Bvlgari's as Vertigo was being worked on, in Dublin: Fóruns da Ultraviolet - Ver Uma Mensagem - LILLYWHITE DIZ QUE O NOVO SINGLE DO U2 ESTÁ PRONTO - Tudo pronto até o início de Julho!

I remember seeing this picture on U2.com but can't recall the exact year but it was from after the Elevation Tour finished at least. I think in was taken in Eze as a matter of fact, even though the URL states "u2dublinbandstudio".

Perhaps someone else can fill in the blanks? :up:

Thanks killiney :)

Who knows what the reason someone named that file Dublin, but whatever, we can put the correct name to it now. Gorgeous studio too.

Back
Top Bottom