Philly - March 2005

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rumors are that they will play Philly in March. Based on the current schedule of the Wachovia Center - March 13 and 14, 2005 - seem to be the best possible dates.

PS. The St. Patricks Day parade is on March 13, 2005, who would be the best possible grand marshals for that parade?????

Is that possible? They are supposedly starting the tour on March 1, in Miami. I just dont think they can jump up to philly that quick. ??

I heard the same rumors about Philly. It was also announced as a rumor on a local station I believe. Last time I saw Bono in Philly was at Penn for commencement ... got a few words with him and a hug. I missed him by two years to be my commencement speaker... I graduate in 06.

March 13-14 are out for any potential tour dates- the RRHOF induction ceremony is March 14, 2005. Philly will be later that week, though- 16 & 17, which is right before MSG on Mar 19-20.

I just hope they play more than one show and that tickets arent as hard to get as Im contemplating they will be. Dont care exactly when it is yet as its pretty obvious it'll be in March sometime.

lukea said:
March 13-14 are out for any potential tour dates- the RRHOF induction ceremony is March 14, 2005. Philly will be later that week, though- 16 & 17, which is right before MSG on Mar 19-20.

Thanks for the info - forgot about the dates for RRHOF.

The 'good' thing in the U.S. is that the arenas have so many more open dates than they would otherwise, thanks to the NHL lockout. '35' has been mentioned as the number of dates on the first leg, and I'm wondering whether that factors in the multiple dates that cities like Boston and others get (e.g. they announce two, then end up adding two more for a total of four). If that '35' factors those extra dates in, then they won't be going to too many cities.

Chris in New Hampshire

Back
Top Bottom