PGP: We're Dancing in the Crystal Ballroom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Daz, just saw your msg from October on my profile. Thanks! I AM still employed and hubby has a job too (for now - he hates it - more later, if I stick around here :wink: )

:kiss:

Hi VP! What is it with crazy workplaces? How dare they interrupt our lives... *L*

How are you and Sarah going? Have you been in the presale frenzy?

Somehow, we managed to get GAs to both Toronto dates!! I've booked off Monday as a vacation day, so I can see if they add any new Toronto dates.

I'm well. Work, and boring shit. Sarah is in grad school, working toward her PhD. It's my fondest hope that she succeeds, and at some point purchases a place with a granny flat for me, for my old age. lol. How are you??

Right back atcha :D How's all the Shakespearing and such?

Organizing a Shakespeare Pub Crawl here in town and working on editing As You Like It for production in April :)

How are you? Any travel plans in the future?

Somehow, we managed to get GAs to both Toronto dates!! I've booked off Monday as a vacation day, so I can see if they add any new Toronto dates.

I'm well. Work, and boring shit. Sarah is in grad school, working toward her PhD. It's my fondest hope that she succeeds, and at some point purchases a place with a granny flat for me, for my old age. lol. How are you??

Glad you to TO tix! If only our kids would succeed enough to take care of us. Owen assures me he'll be a pro footballer.

Yay for tickets! And well done Sarah, I hope she becomes Dr Sarah. :)

I think I'll probably end up in the Old PLEBAn's Home or something, no one to build a granny flat for me. :lol:

I'm okay though, still working and saving up and planning holidays. I don't think I'll be travelling for this tour outside Australia, I feel like I kinda did that last tour. It was good and all, but ... yeah, I dunno. *L*

The cover band I'm in is gearing up again, we seem to sort of go through quiet patches and then things go nuts again (usually when we need to find a new guitaris). We'll be recording a demo at the guitarist's place next weekend, which should be good. No U2 songs in the set this time, but a few Muse ones.

Fender Unveils the Adam Clayton Signature Bass | 2014-10-15 | Premier Guitar

ETA: I'm now giggling because this is one of the pictures where :adam: looks like Cold Miser...

:drool:

That hair, though... :giggle:

My bass is almost that colour, funnily enough... and that's where the similarity ends. :laugh:

I just played a video game for 4 hours. :crack: I had no idea it had been that long til I looked at the clock when I was done. :crack:

Zooey I don't think I've seen you mention if you're getting tickets yet. Are you going to any of the LA shows?

Were you freaking out on the ticket site? Funny how the nerves come back even though I'm not as into this tour as I have been in the past. Still shaking, pacing, jittery...

COMET! I haven't seen you in ages! I was in SD for a couple weeks this summer but you were busy. did you get LA tickets?

Ali, cover band? demo? that sounds legit!

Really? :ohmy:

I got my 2 presale tix on Thursday. Of course, that's not enough for a family of 4, so I hope I have luck in the sale on Monday.

Organizing a Shakespeare Pub Crawl here in town and working on editing As You Like It for production in April :)

They both sound like very awesome things. :D And glad to hear you and Mr Z are employed, even if unhappily in his case. Hope he can find something happier!

I'll be going to NZ for 10 days in early January, with a couple of friends (from the blue crack originally, as it happens!), which will be great... I've never really been to NZ before, unless you count 5 hours in Aukland airport. (The sausage rolls were awful.) We'll be driving around the South Island in a hire car, hope I don't accidentally drive us off a cliff or something!

Aside from that, I'm still hoping to get to North America in 2016, fingers crossed. And I'm super jealous of all the people on FB who seem to be on hols in Hawaii at the moment!

I just played a video game for 4 hours. :crack: I had no idea it had been that long til I looked at the clock when I was done. :crack:

Comet!! :D

And I've done that before... many times. :crack: Even on silly games like Bejewelled...

Ali, cover band? demo? that sounds legit!

We're pretty low-intensity, we haven't played a gig for months. *L* We just do classic/modern rock songs mostly, and play in pubs in the suburbs here. I've been in the band for nearly 3 years now (!), and in that time we've gone through about four lead guitarists. And the demo will be just to give to prospective pub people so they can hear what we sound like.

That hair is why he looks like Cold Miser! :lol:

Aha... my next question was going to be, who's the Cold Miser. *L*

Really? :ohmy:

I got my 2 presale tix on Thursday. Of course, that's not enough for a family of 4, so I hope I have luck in the sale on Monday.

Yeah, I was there for two weeks for the SD Fringe Festival. I produced a show.

yeah, I'm going to go for "hometown" (Phoenix) tickets in the general sale.

They both sound like very awesome things. :D And glad to hear you and Mr Z are employed, even if unhappily in his case. Hope he can find something happier!

I'll be going to NZ for 10 days in early January, with a couple of friends (from the blue crack originally, as it happens!), which will be great... I've never really been to NZ before, unless you count 5 hours in Aukland airport. (The sausage rolls were awful.) We'll be driving around the South Island in a hire car, hope I don't accidentally drive us off a cliff or something!

Aside from that, I'm still hoping to get to North America in 2016, fingers crossed. And I'm super jealous of all the people on FB who seem to be on hols in Hawaii at the moment!

I'm having a really good year, but yeah Mr. Z has yet to find his place in the world… *fingers crossed* I'd love to see you in 2016!

Haha - I have this great image of you in my head now of you driving all willy nilly along curvy cliff lined roads.

Glad you to TO tix! If only our kids would succeed enough to take care of us. Owen assures me he'll be a pro footballer.

Omg, yours will be a famous footballer, mine will make groundbreaking discoveries in the field of social psych, we'll be set! :hi5:

Yay for tickets! And well done Sarah, I hope she becomes Dr Sarah. :)

I think I'll probably end up in the Old PLEBAn's Home or something, no one to build a granny flat for me. :lol:

I'm okay though, still working and saving up and planning holidays. I don't think I'll be travelling for this tour outside Australia, I feel like I kinda did that last tour. It was good and all, but ... yeah, I dunno. *L*

The cover band I'm in is gearing up again, we seem to sort of go through quiet patches and then things go nuts again (usually when we need to find a new guitaris). We'll be recording a demo at the guitarist's place next weekend, which should be good. No U2 songs in the set this time, but a few Muse ones.

:drool:

That hair, though... :giggle:

My bass is almost that colour, funnily enough... and that's where the similarity ends. :laugh:

The band thing sounds very exicting!! And we totally need an old people's home for PGPers. Who is willing to organize it???

Haha!

Were you freaking out on the ticket site? Funny how the nerves come back even though I'm not as into this tour as I have been in the past. Still shaking, pacing, jittery...

Yeah, totally freaking out. Even after. I've taken Monday off to see if there are new dates added, and to purchase, if needed. *barf*

Aw, I have to run... I'm going to see Interstellar in about half an hour. Everyone keeps telling me it's amazing so I'd better see for myself. :)

Was great chatting to you ladies! :hug: :kiss: :wave:

Yeah, totally freaking out. Even after. I've taken Monday off to see if there are new dates added, and to purchase, if needed. *barf*

I have to plan my Monday lesson accordingly. i thought general sale was today. whatever. if it happens, it happens. I'm not nearly as invested this tour.

I'm having a really good year, but yeah Mr. Z has yet to find his place in the world… *fingers crossed* I'd love to see you in 2016!

Haha - I have this great image of you in my head now of you driving all willy nilly along curvy cliff lined roads.

I'm not entirely sure I've found my place, but I'll put up with it as long as they keep paying me!

And in real life I would be creeping along roads like that at walking pace and sweating bullets... I am something of a cautious driver and cliffs freak me out. :no:

The band thing sounds very exicting!! And we totally need an old people's home for PGPers. Who is willing to organize it???

Bags it's not me! I'm crap at organising. :lol:

As you can tell, since I'm still in my PJs and the movie starts in 27 minutes. *runs*

Comet!! :D

And I've done that before... many times. :crack: Even on silly games like Bejewelled...

We're pretty low-intensity, we haven't played a gig for months. *L* We just do classic/modern rock songs mostly, and play in pubs in the suburbs here. I've been in the band for nearly 3 years now (!), and in that time we've gone through about four lead guitarists. And the demo will be just to give to prospective pub people so they can hear what we sound like.

Aha... my next question was going to be, who's the Cold Miser. *L*

I don't usually do that with games but I got really into this one. LOL. It's one of those kind where you might as well be watching a movie, it practically is a movie.

So cool about your band. I love that you do that! :applaud:

Yeah, I was there for two weeks for the SD Fringe Festival. I produced a show.

yeah, I'm going to go for "hometown" (Phoenix) tickets in the general sale.

:doh: Of course I remember you being here for that. Was that really only this past summer? It seems ages ago to me, sorry. I wish we could have gone to see it. Things have been stressful here for quite some time. (parents illness issues) But I have learned to deal, you have to after awhile.

How's Owen, how old is he now? I bet I'd barely recognize him since we last saw you.

By the way, Chelsea and Camille will be in Tucson next March with the band for some Wild Wild West Con thingy I think.

I have to plan my Monday lesson accordingly. i thought general sale was today. whatever. if it happens, it happens. I'm not nearly as invested this tour.

That's the funny part. I didn't think I was, either. If you'd asked me two months ago, I would have said that I might try to catch one show. But now that it's here? I'm back in the saddle, apparently. MUST SEE ALL THE U2 SHOWS.

Back
Top Bottom