PGP: We want to be Bono's Tickle...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ugh i hate that!!!

:hug:

A thick backing cardboard and double layers of plastic bags
with the openings in opposite directions in case you can't quite close the bags totally!

Been doing that for decades! :up:

Ooh. That should work great :hyper: I've got a ton of extra plastic bags...

Thanks. :)

I'll have yoga pants (these will also be my pajama bottoms for the trip), a long-sleeved tee, a hoodie, and then comfy socks and slippers for the flights, and a scarf and my travel blanket in case I get cold.

Ooh, almost forgot to pack my cute hat!

if you forget hats, there are awesome hats in Ireland. I got my awesome hat there. Also, they have pretty lovely sweaters in Ireland too.

Perhaps Philip Treacy can create something like this using U2 and the 360 Claw symbol. That'd get Bono's attention. Google Images

Claw hat or tent

art-353-u2s-claw-200x0.jpg

*sigh* I wish they realized he doesn't do the sleeveless shirt thing...

Have eaten too many chips, feeling full, must go and brave the rain to get to class. :wave: everyone.

if you forget hats, there are awesome hats in Ireland. I got my awesome hat there. Also, they have pretty lovely sweaters in Ireland too.

I already have an Irish hat, actually! There's a little Irish shop in my neighborhood, with all sorts of imported stuff, and I bought a little cream-colored wool hat that I love. Naturally, that's not the one I'm bringing. :lol:

For a while I thought about splurging (biiiiiig splurge - I guess they're super expensive) on an Aran Island sweater, but honestly, it doesn't get cold enough to wear it in Seattle.

No idea what kind of things I'll buy myself, to be honest. Maybe a new claddagh ring, but I do really like mine ... and it was made in Ireland as well.

Oz rerun marathon starts in an hour and footie is on :angry:
other channel on smaller screen but which one, grrrrrrrrrr

:panic::panic:

From Galway, I'll be going to the Aran Islands, then another day I'm going to spend driving around Connemara, and then another day exploring the city.

Don't think I'll make it to the Cliffs this time - I'll be driving from Galway to Dingle, but it's my longest day of driving, and I won't have time to make a pit stop over there. If I do have a little extra time, I'm going to drive through the Burren and see a few things there. Don't have time for both, and I decided I'd rather see that than the cliffs. :)

yeh, been on both with car and a sightseeing tour with a buss, it stops on interesting points and so on and can only sit back and enjoy the view and let the driver worry bout loose sheeps on roads :wink:

personally I enjoyed cliff tour more cause there we were taken to a mine where we walked through a mountain shaft, very narrow tunnel lol :D

but it was during winter time and Burren is absolutely lovely this time of the year :hug:

Yeah, too much to see, no way I can see it all in two weeks. Some stuff had to be cut out. :)

I did look into taking a bus tour of both the Cliffs and the Burren, but I decided I wanted to have a day to wander around Galway instead, just to hang out and not be running around to see stuff.

I did seats once and I'm never doing them again. I'd rather be on the floor at the back then in seats.

Everytime I thought about doing outer rail, I couldn't bring myself to actually try it because I felt like I'd be missing out on the pit experience. Maybe I'll try it next tour too : hmm:

What was your fav position?? : wink:

I'd rather be in closer seats than the
back of the floor. Altho what's the sound board like?
Anything extra interesting about it- besides watching Sound engineer twiddling the knobs
?

While it's true you miss out on having them way closer to you much of the time...... when they do venture around and & do stay in place at times (!!! :drool: ) it IS also so, SO exciting !!!!

The MOST important thing thought UNLESS you are very tall
IMHO is being in the first row on the rail !
:drool: :heart: x a bazillion! LOL Esp if you want to take photos!!!!

Having to deal with people taller than you esp since i wanted to take pictures with my better camera was .... :gah::gah:
It did bring me down at times VS when I was on
the front outer rail in 09! :bow:
It was my own fault for not adjusting my schedule enough over that week ( considering I was still dealing 3 seeks after my dad's death my lowered energy was not unexpected) to be able to have enough energy to get there to Philly earlier in the day to be on the outer rail. And ARG! not by much did I miss the opportunity.

In NJ 09 I was between Bono and Edge about mid-way. It was great BUT it left less time for me to get my camera ready to take pics once they (usually Bono or Edge) came off the bridge.
So I tried being between Bono & Adam this time (Philly) and there was better lead time except thhe
taller, wider people in front of me often ruined the advantage I had gained!

I'll probably try to got back to between bono and edge b/c I like the photos I get of edge & guitar from his right side vs left! And I'll still get Bono's face 3/4 and side views.

Luckily the people in front of me left for the last 5 -6 songs! :yippee:
Unfortunately by that time the guys were hardly or didn't stroll around :sigh:- must review photos :hmm: But is sure made using the
12x[ Optical Zoom/B] waaaaaaaaaaay easier!!!! :hyper:

The cool thing K, is that that people are also really hyped up (in mostly, most people in a good way), so that the energy/excitiemt is at pit level, too!

Depending on how they deal with a pit situation next time ...
I'd like to try it. ESPECIALLY if it's in an arena where most likely you won't be baking in the heat as much once you get inside on the Summer shows.

:shifty:

as for my fav postion
under or :drool:over Bono
ditto Edge
and B & E sandwich
I'm flexible! LOL!

:wink:

I definitely echo the agreements that wearing yoga pants on the plane is fine. I do it all the time. :up: I don't give a shit what I look like when I travel, as there's never any chance of an upgrade, so I go for comfort over looks. Makes the plane rides much better. :)

You can't actually see the crew doing their stuff in the soundboard.

The appeal of the soundboard is:

a) not having to sit in line all day
b) if you still line up in the afternoon, you might get to snag the spot along the railing that cordons off the soundboard area, so you still have something to lean on if need be
c) the sound is great there
d) you can see the whole stage
e) you can freely move around to go to the bathroom
f) there's usually tons of room to jump and dance around like an idiot
g) if you're short like me, you can sometimes see better because there's not someone taller than you two inches from your face
h) if someone tall does come and stand in front of you, you can usually shift three inches in another direction to see, which you can't do if you're crammed in two-three rows from the rail or the stage.

People say "soundboard" as a catch-all for just hanging in the back. I usually don't end up right at the soundboard, because those spots are the first taken by those who like to hang in the back, and they've usually gotten in line for at least a few hours.

Yeah, too much to see, no way I can see it all in two weeks. Some stuff had to be cut out. :)

I did look into taking a bus tour of both the Cliffs and the Burren, but I decided I wanted to have a day to wander around Galway instead, just to hang out and not be running around to see stuff.

Galway? If you run into a bartender named Darragh, tell him Amy says hi. :kiss:

I have too many names in my brain. People keep telling me their Irish ancestors names, so I'm full of "if you run into anyone named xxxx, that's my family."

:crack:

You can't actually see the crew doing their stuff in the soundboard.

The appeal of the soundboard is:

a) not having to sit in line all day
b) if you still line up in the afternoon, you might get to snag the spot along the railing that cordons off the soundboard area, so you still have something to lean on if need be
c) the sound is great there
d) you can see the whole stage
e) you can freely move around to go to the bathroom
f) there's usually tons of room to jump and dance around like an idiot
g) if you're short like me, you can sometimes see better because there's not someone taller than you two inches from your face
h) if someone tall does come and stand in front of you, you can usually shift three inches in another direction to see, which you can't do if you're crammed in two-three rows from the rail or the stage.

People say "soundboard" as a catch-all for just hanging in the back. I usually don't end up right at the soundboard, because those spots are the first taken by those who like to hang in the back, and they've usually gotten in line for at least a few hours.

Next tour, we're dragging you into the pit with us, lovey. I'm sorry, you will just have to join us under Bono. Wait...excuse me....

Next tour, we're dragging you into the pit with us, lovey. I'm sorry, you will just have to join us under Bono. Wait...excuse me....

Oh, I've done the pit - and loved it! I don't think I have the patience or the stamina to deal with lining up. I tried in Seattle, and look what happened.

I just need to find my zen place for the next tour, or I'll never be in that front row or two. And that's okay. I've accepted it.

must buy for you

9021877_155_155.jpg

I have a gray hat that's similar that I like a lot.

I think I'm packed. With room in my suitcase! Although my carry-on is a bit over-stuffed. Maybe just one change of clothes would be sufficient. Or I can fit another pair of jeans in my suitcase. Hmmmm.

And I still should have room to put stuff in that I bought on the way home. I'm bringing some space-saver bags for dirty clothes, which will help. And if I need to ship something home, I will.

Oh - do you guys use travel locks for your luggage? I'd bought a TSA-approved luggage lock, but I couldn't get it to work. So lame.

Wondering if I should bother buying another one. I've never used them before.

sandwiches ready for Oz marathon, cooked reindeer and specially reindeer tongue, few beers and some wine :drool:

yummy

I only lock on trains, not on flights and using extra strap on thingy on luggage on flights, just in case they smash it around so it wouldnt open, but shouldnt be a problem for you on that route

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom