PGP: We want to be Bono's Tickle...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tara - I grew up on Styx. My mom loved them. I don't think I ever saw them. Dennis DeYoung is no longer touring with them, right?

Katie - do you like PJ Harvey? She's pretty gritty and raw like Joan Jett. I think my hair color could be classified as Joan Jett platinum if she still does that.

VP - I saw Roger Waters a few years ago. He did Dark Side of the Moon in its entirety and has the floating pig. He's weird, but I like it. I was like Johnny Rotten when I was younger. Never liked Pink Floyd. I liked the Final Cut. Listened to that as well as War in 1983. I've come to appreciate their innovation now.

Drea - yeah, I don't think CK could waddle fast enough to catch you and Adam.

So girls, I saw the extra showing of From The Sky Down on Friday night... :drool:

There's something for everyone in it, but I can honestly say - without spoiling - that the Edge girls especially will want to be sitting on something soft, cushiony and absorbent while watching... :wink:

(And holy crap, how many threads did I miss between the last time I was in and the tux one where I started catching up? :lol:)

Glad you got to see it and loved it! :hug: I can't wait to see it :hyper:

Btw, you need to come back here more often. Miss you :( :hug: When are you coming to T-Bay for a hockey game??? :wink:

I'm not :p There are only two times where I would even remotely consider going after him - the Stay video (where I'd happily pounce any of the four of them) and sweaty!kneeling!Bono when he looks up during SBS at Red Rocks. That's it.

*takes off with Adam since CK won't be able to catch her :evil:*

There you go, you just prove my point. :wink: See? Every girl is a Bono girl deep down.

Maybe it's linked to Austin Powers in Goldmember. Wasn't one of the character's Dutch? I just pulled that one far out of my arse.

Katie - do you like PJ Harvey? She's pretty gritty and raw like Joan Jett. I think my hair color could be classified as Joan Jett platinum if she still does that.

PJ Harvey's awesome. That may be exactly why I think she's awesome...Anyways, if she comes to Baltimore in the next, eh, 3 years, I will definitely go see her live. I've seen some live youtube of her singing and it's good.

Oh yeah and no, Joan Jett's not platinum anymore. She did that? Huh. Wait a sec. It's picture time...

concert-croppedguitaring.png

concert-croppedguitarstaredown.png

^that's as good as my pictures got bc only the screen was non-fuzzy...iPhones aren't good at detail from a distance :(

I just woke up and fuck, I feel exhausted. Even after 9 hours of sleep. Ghhhh. I predicted this but...nngh.

Nonetheless, feeling warm and fuzzy towards my parents for spending so much time over the phone yesterday trying to help me with getting from point A to point B, so I'm gonna see if the college store's open and get them some stuff. When I can move my limbs out of bed, that is.

Maybe it's linked to Austin Powers in Goldmember. Wasn't one of the character's Dutch? I just pulled that one far out of my arse.

:reject: *has never seen them*

I'm intrigued though. :tongue: And even more in how you guys would pronounce it.

:lol: This is more fun than I thought.

1. I do love me some Steely Dan. Love their greatest hits CD (yes, that's the only CD of theirs I have :reject: )

2. My favorite Styx song is Rockin' the Paradise

2a. One of my karaoke staples is Mr. Roboto. It may or may not bring the house down. /modest

3. REO Speedwagon! YOU'RE UNDER THE GUN, SO YOU TAKE IT ON THE RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!

4. I think I know which part of the doc Drea is talking about. I am so glad I ordered Showtime so I can watch it there. :drool:

5. Today is my last day of work until October. :rockon:

Do the 'ld' together make for a 'j' sound? So it wouldn't be Gel-dur-land but Geljerland? Once again, out of my arse.

Do the 'ld' together make for a 'j' sound? So it wouldn't be Gel-dur-land but Geljerland? Once again, out of my arse.

:giggle: I so wish we'd done these things in line for GA in MTL. I'd write stuff down and have you guys pronounce it.

it's pronounced gel-der-land.. actually a little differently, since the G is a Dutch g, so I think that's a chchhhhhhhhhhh for you. :wink: So it sounds like something the cat coughed up.

Speaking of pronunciation. Anyone know how to pronounce Anton Corbijn? Not the Anton but the 'Corbijn', specifically the 'ijn' thing. It's been bugging me.

I keep telling my dad to check out his photographs but can't pronounce his last name so he has no idea who I'm talking about :lol:

WOO! :hi5: Lucky you!

I was about to say "I wish I didn't have to work until October." And then I realized it's true - I don't have to work until next year if I don't want to. :lol: :reject: I don't plan on taking that much time off, though. :wink:

What's unemployment like in Canada? I know you can technically be on unemployment forever right now in the US.

:giggle: I so wish we'd done these things in line for GA in MTL. I'd write stuff down and have you guys pronounce it.

it's pronounced gel-der-land.. actually a little differently, since the G is a Dutch g, so I think that's a chchhhhhhhhhhh for you. :wink: So it sounds like something the cat coughed up.

So, don't drink dairy and pronounce it. Hey, games for the next GA line! We'll all get into town a week before so we can all hit the GA line (or start it ourselves) at once. Then we'd have all that time together. That could be good and bad.

Speaking of pronunciation. Anyone know how to pronounce Anton Corbijn? Not the Anton but the 'Corbijn', specifically the 'ijn' thing. It's been bugging me.

I keep telling my dad to check out his photographs but can't pronounce his last name so he has no idea who I'm talking about :lol:

He's Dutch as well :wink:

Corbijn is pronounced.. hm, the closest I guess wouldbe cor-b-eye-n. The IJ is actually a Dutch elongated i. Pronounced the same as the "ei"

So, don't drink dairy and pronounce it. Hey, games for the next GA line! We'll all get into town a week before so we can all hit the GA line (or start it ourselves) at once. Then we'd have all that time together. That could be good and bad.

Party in Dublin. :lol: we could have fun trying to figure out Gaelic as well. Did that with my friend last year, ye gods, it was hilarious what we came up with. :lmao: And nowhere near the real meaning.

What's unemployment like in Canada? I know you can technically be on unemployment forever right now in the US.

I'm not really sure, since I'd never had to think about that before... I can go on EI, so I should really look into that. I'd totally forgotten about that. Any money I can get will be helpful. I don't intend on being unemployed for very long, but I've paid into EI for years, so I should get some benefit out of it. I think you probably have to prove that you're looking for work or are trying to figure things out, but that's easy enough to do...

I even apologized for name-calling (but only because I decided I didn't want to get scolded).

Although I only called him a troll and a pill. Hardly worth it. :wink:

I will not apologize for calling him an asshat. He gave me a headache. And he was stupid. That does not go unpunished.

I'm sorry, I don't know enough about Styx to picture anything but guitars or synthesizers :reject:

uh...REO Speedwagon truck? what is that? :laugh: sounds quite entertaining
It's what the band named themselves after. :D An actual auto. Very old (I think the one they have is from the '30s).

MacGyver! *loves that show*

Tara - I grew up on Styx. My mom loved them. I don't think I ever saw them. Dennis DeYoung is no longer touring with them, right?

VP - I saw Roger Waters a few years ago. He did Dark Side of the Moon in its entirety and has the floating pig. He's weird, but I like it. I was like Johnny Rotten when I was younger. Never liked Pink Floyd. I liked the Final Cut. Listened to that as well as War in 1983. I've come to appreciate their innovation now.

Drea - yeah, I don't think CK could waddle fast enough to catch you and Adam.
No, Dennis is no longer with the band. But, the dude they now have on keyboards is awesome. *can't remember his name*

There you go, you just prove my point. :wink: See? Every girl is a Bono girl deep down.

YES.

may I ask why this is so significant? It's a province in The Netherlands..
My mom is a huge fan of the movie "A Knight's Tale." In that movie, it's where Heath Ledger's character pretends to be from so he can joust.

1. I do love me some Steely Dan. Love their greatest hits CD (yes, that's the only CD of theirs I have :reject: )

2. My favorite Styx song is Rockin' the Paradise

2a. One of my karaoke staples is Mr. Roboto. It may or may not bring the house down. /modest

3. REO Speedwagon! YOU'RE UNDER THE GUN, SO YOU TAKE IT ON THE RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!

4. I think I know which part of the doc Drea is talking about. I am so glad I ordered Showtime so I can watch it there. :drool:

5. Today is my last day of work until October. :rockon:

I WANT SHOWTIME BACK. :sad:

My mom is a huge fan of the movie "A Knight's Tale." In that movie, it's where Heath Ledger's character pretends to be from so he can joust.

I see. Never seen that movie. :lol: That's pretty funny. I wonder if they made it up in the movie and didn't realise it's a real location.

He's Dutch as well :wink:

Corbijn is pronounced.. hm, the closest I guess wouldbe cor-b-eye-n. The IJ is actually a Dutch elongated i. Pronounced the same as the "ei"

Yay :) then I didn't pronounce it wrong after all!

I just walked in the blazing heat down to the campus store to get my parents stuff...now to figure out how to ship the mug. I don't know if I have any bubble wrap.

I'm a-lazing about listening to the Replacements and gluing myself to the chair in the living room by the only working AC unit. Air conditioning, I fucking love you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom