PGP: In our next lives, we're going to be balloons

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't know much about it going into it, and it took me by surprise. Sometimes I'm not in quite the right mood for it, but I've been laughing a LOT at it.

I was bummed when Danny Devito came on as a permanent member, because I wasn't liking his character, but he finally grew on me a bit. Still my least favorite character, though.

I'm on season 5 now, and am also watching the new season as it airs.

I think mean-spirited humor is a tricky thing to try, but this show does it well because it's so ridiculous and the characters are just so awful. Somehow, it works! :lol:

DG, I think you should have gone to the store to join our part.

Although I may have to stop drinking since I just agreed to a 10 mile bike ride and a 4 mile run in the morning :crack:

Pizza & beer did indeed make Mr.Z feel better :cute:

Yeah, it's not like I don't like that kind of humour. I love Curb Your Enthusiasm. I'll check it out again over the winter. :)

If any of you are looking for a good show and you're into the teen or vampire genres, Vampire Diaries is very, very good. I'd read such good things about it, so I downloaded and burned the first season. It started a little slow and 5 or 6 shows in, I was about to give up on it, but because it was so highly recommended, I stuck with it, and within another episode or two it hit its stride, and I was hooked. It's like the anti-Twilight. The female character is smart and cool, and someone you actually root for. The vampires are actually threatening in this, not the neutered Twilight version. The male romantic lead vampire is nice and caring and dreamy, but you still know that he's a monster. Ian Somerhalder, Boone from Lost, plays his snarky vampire brother. The plots are really interesting, and the show is fast paced. I was surprised by it, I sort of thought it would be another Buffy - Twilight wannabe, but it's good.

I've heard good things about Vampire Diaries! I had started watching it, and then gave it up about 2 episodes in because last season I started watching way too many shows ... and then of course gave up on them later.

I'll get around to checking it out on DVD eventually, I'm sure. Curb Your Enthusiasm is one I'd tried in the past, but like you with Sunny, only watched about two episodes before I was all "eh." :lol: Guess I should try it again one of these days.

Cori just have to tell you I only JUST finally started watching Arrested Development, and I do love Lucille. :lol:

I've heard loads of great things about Vampire Diaries. My BFF raves about it all the time. I'm too much of a wimp, and vampires freak the fuck outta me, so I doubt I'll ever watch. :lol: :reject:

Isn't it fantastic? I loved that show so much.

It is! OMG. I've only seen 5 or 6 episodes so far. It's awesome!

Does anyone here watch Supernatural? :reject: Season premiere tonight in half an hour for me. I've watched it since day 1 and last season was really good so I'm looking forward to it.

cori, let me know what you think of it if you watch it.

I've heard loads of great things about Vampire Diaries. My BFF raves about it all the time. I'm too much of a wimp, and vampires freak the fuck outta me, so I doubt I'll ever watch. :lol: :reject:

:lol: For some reason I thought you were into that kind of thing!

It is! OMG. I've only seen 5 or 6 episodes so far. It's awesome!

Does anyone here watch Supernatural? :reject: Season premiere tonight in half an hour for me. I've watched it since day 1 and last season was really good so I'm looking forward to it.

I've never seen it, but I've heard a lot about the crazy online fandom. :crack: :lol:

Like, they firmly believe that both actors are teh gay, and that they only married women because the studio made them. :lol:

Yeah, I got the AD dvds for Sarah for Christmas one year. She loves it. I like it. I just don't get the crazy devotion to it, the "OMG, this is the best show eva!!111!"

That said, Lucille does rock a lot.

cori, let me know what you think of it if you watch it.

:lol: For some reason I thought you were into that kind of thing!

I've never seen it, but I've heard a lot about the crazy online fandom. :crack: :lol:

Like, they firmly believe that both actors are teh gay, and that they only married women because the studio made them. :lol:

That is true about a certain sector of the online fandom. :lol: It is so weird. I've never seen it myself and my kids and I stay far far away from that (yeah they think it's reaally stupid), but the show is really good and we're big fans. The show itself has even acknowledged the scary fandom in a few episodes like having the actors accidentally find a fansite online about themselves, it was hilarious. Season 4 was actually the best for us, they introduced the angels into the picture so it led up to a whole man/angels/demons/God leading up to the apocalypse thing... it was actually better than last season which was the actual apocalypse... so this season we go back to probably more "monster of the week" type episodes... but I think the angels will remain. We'll see. :hmm:
Ooh that was longer than I thought it would be. :reject:

That is true about a certain sector of the online fandom. :lol: It is so weird. I've never seen it myself and my kids and I stay far far away from that (yeah they think it's reaally stupid), but the show is really good and we're big fans. The show itself has even acknowledged the scary fandom in a few episodes like having the actors accidentally find a fansite online about themselves, it was hilarious. Season 4 was actually the best for us, they introduced the angels into the picture so it led up to a whole man/angels/demons/God leading up to the apocalypse thing... it was actually better than last season which was the actual apocalypse... so this season we go back to probably more "monster of the week" type episodes... but I think the angels will remain. We'll see. :hmm:
Ooh that was longer than I thought it would be. :reject:

:lol: !!! I've heard about that episode! Did they find slash fic about themselves, or something??

I also remember them (by them, I mean the people on another message board I lurk on, who mock the crazy people) saying that there's a 3rd actor from the show who says shit on Twitter and at Comic Con to bait the crazies.

I've actually thought that it sounds like something we might like, but hearing the fan craziness sort of makes you want to back away and have nothing to do with it. We should check it out some time, though. :up:

DG, I think you should have gone to the store to join our part.

Although I may have to stop drinking since I just agreed to a 10 mile bike ride and a 4 mile run in the morning :crack:

Pizza & beer did indeed make Mr.Z feel better :cute:

I know. :( But I've actually cut back a lot on my drinking. It wasn't a conscious choice, I just stopped drinking as much because of lack of funds and having to be up early for my job. This week I had my first drink in over a month. :lol: Last time I got incredibly drunk was shortly after I was fired. Understandable though. ;)

Glad Mr. Z isn't so cranky. :up:

Poor Stripey. :( He barely left Sarah's side all spring and summer, and he really misses her. He tries to snuggle with me now (only out of desperation and loneliness, I'm sure) and he's okay for a few minutes, but then he jumps down in disgust, as if to say "you're not her! You'll never be her!" Plus, he gets in the way of my typing.

Kitten drama, sigh.

I know. :( But I've actually cut back a lot on my drinking. It wasn't a conscious choice, I just stopped drinking as much because of lack of funds and having to be up early for my job. This week I had my first drink in over a month. :lol: Last time I got incredibly drunk was shortly after I was fired. Understandable though. ;)

Glad Mr. Z isn't so cranky. :up:

I had too, due to my training, until this week. Again, understandable. :shrug: And since I've got a brick workout tomorrow morning, I should prob switch to water.

Poor Stripey. :( He barely left Sarah's side all spring and summer, and he really misses her. He tries to snuggle with me now (only out of desperation and loneliness, I'm sure) and he's okay for a few minutes, but then he jumps down in disgust, as if to say "you're not her! You'll never be her!" Plus, he gets in the way of my typing.

Kitten drama, sigh.

Awww he misses his human.:cute:

My mom came up with that expression after she saw how attatched Felix became to me. She was like, you're his human!

I'm currently singing "Phoebeface, Phoebeface, yooooouuuu are a Phoebeface." to the tune of Babyface. Phoebe cocks her head at me whenever I do that.

Er, I mean, this is the first time I've ever done that. :shifty:

Ha, we say that too! His human, his person, his girl. Your mom. :heart:

He's so squirmy with me, but with her, he'll lay still for like hours. She misses him/them, too. I told her if she wanted, I'd pack a few of them for her. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom