PGP: I'm Dreaming of a U2 Christmas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And already melting again over here. Ah well. We had our snow I guess.

We had snow this morning. What was supposed to be rain was snow. The roads were a horror show. It's only supposed to be 3 inches at most - then get washed away by rain/freezing rain. The downfall of living near the ocean.

roads are a horror show here now as well, started melting but at its. freesing again. Currently in a car , and we need to drive up an ice covered hill... Cargods be with us.

Jari , i hqve tried the sleep talk app.

recorded nothing but me hitting my knees against a wall.
lol. Dont think i talk in my sle but it was hillarious testing it out.

The only time I can recall anyone telling me I did anything in my sleep was when my sister told me I once suddenly smiled in the middle of a nap and then said, "No...". And that was it. Otherwise, to my knowledge my sleeping times seem to be pretty normal and uneventful.

:shifty:

I recently bought 70 songs off of iTunes, all at once. :reject:

You say this like it's a bad or crazy thing :p.

What were some of the songs you got?

That's a lot of money for separate songs.

I've never downloaded music legally, don't really see the point. Either I go buy the cd, or get the track from youtube.

The only time I can recall anyone telling me I did anything in my sleep was when my sister told me I once suddenly smiled in the middle of a nap and then said, "No...". And that was it. Otherwise, to my knowledge my sleeping times seem to be pretty normal and uneventful.
:ohmy::lol:

You say this like it's a bad or crazy thing :p.

What were some of the songs you got?
They were all by the same artist. :reject:

Russell Crowe. :drool:

Did you have a gift card???
No. :reject:

I've never downloaded music legally, don't really see the point. Either I go buy the cd, or get the track from youtube.

I usually do that too, unless I can't find the music anywhere else.

You don't see the point in paying for the music you want to listen to (outside of buying a cd)? It's stealing if it's an official release. That's what Paul McGuinness and many bands/artists are always bitching about that they don't always get paid for their music anymore.

Sure I'll grab stuff off of youtube if it's a bootleg but I very rarely, probably never, take something that I can't buy from itunes. Maybe I'm the exception since I work in a service industry where at some places I get paid by what I make, not how many hours I log in, and I'd be mad as hell if someone helped themselves to something I made without paying for it.

:wave::wave::wave::wave:\\hi people

very quik

have to leave

hope you are good!

Me & Sis are going to Washington DC Sun to bop around and then go see the the President's public swearing on Monday!

too bad U2 won't be there :lol: :lol::(

JJ and other countries PGP fans -Obama will be officially re-sworn in Sun the usual Jan 20 date . So the big celebration is moved to monday also the Offical MLK Day

Have to post this here too :lol:

Cat meets snow - YouTube

:cute:

There's no such thing as not being able to find some music Tara.. this is the internet.

:laugh: Jari that's a hilarious video.

Yes, well, the internet tends to suck from time to time.

The US Millennium Digital Act has been responsible for massive link deletes.... which means I can't find music I like sometimes. :sad:

You don't see the point in paying for the music you want to listen to (outside of buying a cd)? It's stealing if it's an official release. That's what Paul McGuinness and many bands/artists are always bitching about that they don't always get paid for their music anymore.

Sure I'll grab stuff off of youtube if it's a bootleg but I very rarely, probably never, take something that I can't buy from itunes. Maybe I'm the exception since I work in a service industry where at some places I get paid by what I make, not how many hours I log in, and I'd be mad as hell if someone helped themselves to something I made without paying for it.
It's not that I mind buying music from artists I like. It's just that most of the time, the stuff I want is no longer in print, and my only option is downloading.

I don't see the point in paying for something I download. Because it's not actually a physical thing that I can listen to and keep around. When your computer crashes, bye bye downloaded songs!

I'd much rather buy a cd. A physical thing that I can keep around when I need it, play in a cd player and in GOOD quality, rather than shitty 128kbps mp3's you get when you download it.

I like CDs, too, I've still got a couple CD cases stocked with stuff.

Yeah, I've downloaded illegally, too, in the past, but mainly because I've lived in towns where there's shit options for music stores (and the ones that exist have a very limited selection), and the stuff I like is sometimes not even available in the States at all or, as Tara noted, out of print. I won't say those are great, justifiable excuses, though, 'cause I do feel bad that I have done the illegal download thing in the past and agree that if you can do it legally it's certainly the way to go. If I can find the CDs or mp3s that I want legally and buy them, I will be more than happy to do so and have done just that, 'cause I certainly want my favorite artists to get the support and money they properly deserve and have earned (that, and I don't really want the RIAA on my ass).

Hehe :shrug:. My dreams are often so uneventful (they're odd, but they're pretty uneventful most of the time), so I wonder if that dream happened to actually be an interesting one for a change that I, of course, have no memory of.

They were all by the same artist. :reject:

Russell Crowe. :drool:

Ahhhhh, I see :). I forget that he does some singing on the side-he has a band, or something like that?

Dazz, whoa, you're going to go to Obama's swearing in ceremony?! COOL! Have a good time :wave:!

And JJ, that video is all kinds of :cute:. Shame the snow's melted where I live, otherwise I'd like to try the same thing with my cat :lol:!

(She is currently curled up sleeping on my mom's coat. 'Cause, y'know, why not, that's as good a bed as anything else, right :D?)

I have an ethos for downloading music. If it's an insanely wealthy band, I'm generally not that bothered by it. But if it's a smaller, indie band, I either do not download, or if I do, I later purchase the cd, or I go to see them perform live, or buy their merchandise, which they get to keep more of the profit from, anyway.

That said, it's been years since I've illegally downloaded any music from the internet. There's no point now, when everything's freely available from You Tube or any of the online music things like Pandora (which actually stopped working in Canada, boo...). The point is though, you can listen to virtually anything you want online. If you want to own it, you should purchase it, whether it be physical or digital. All I download now is either bootleg music dvds, or tv shows, the latter of which I justify by thinking I could watch them by using a pvr or whatever.

Yeah, YouTube has been my go-to place to check out new music for years now. It's especially nice because not only do I get to hear their songs, but I can also see videos and live clips and get a feel for what they sound like in a live setting, how fun and creative they can be, all that sort of thing, and that helps me decide whether or not they're someone I want to check out further.

And I just signed up for Spotify not long ago and am working on trying to navigate that a bit more and check some stuff out there, too.

Oh, really?

Well, that just plain sucks :(.

I've never used Netflix, so can't comment there. But even so, that's still shitty. It's really weird and crazy that given how technology spreads throughout the world that we still seem to have weird blocks about what can and can't work from country to country. That's the thing, all these industries bitch about people downloading and torrenting things, but if you don't make the legal means to watch or listen to stuff available to them how the hell else ARE they supposed to get stuff they might be interested in from another country? You're kind of inadvertently forcing them to do the very thing you don't want them to do.

I like CDs, too, I've still got a couple CD cases stocked with stuff.

Yeah, I've downloaded illegally, too, in the past, but mainly because I've lived in towns where there's shit options for music stores (and the ones that exist have a very limited selection), and the stuff I like is sometimes not even available in the States at all or, as Tara noted, out of print. I won't say those are great, justifiable excuses, though, 'cause I do feel bad that I have done the illegal download thing in the past and agree that if you can do it legally it's certainly the way to go. If I can find the CDs or mp3s that I want legally and buy them, I will be more than happy to do so and have done just that, 'cause I certainly want my favorite artists to get the support and money they properly deserve and have earned (that, and I don't really want the RIAA on my ass).
:yes:

Hehe :shrug:. My dreams are often so uneventful (they're odd, but they're pretty uneventful most of the time), so I wonder if that dream happened to actually be an interesting one for a change that I, of course, have no memory of.
I know what ya mean. My most eventful dreams are usually nightmares. Sometimes they're scary, and sometimes they're only scary while I'm having them. When I wake up, I giggle, and then I forget about them completely.

I had a really freaky dream last night. I remember everything except the most important part... there was this word, and I knew I needed to remember it, even after I woke up, but the instant my eyes opened, it went poof.

Ahhhhh, I see :). I forget that he does some singing on the side-he has a band, or something like that?
Yes. Two, actually. The first "dissolved" (their word), and the second sorta grew out of that one.

I have an ethos for downloading music. If it's an insanely wealthy band, I'm generally not that bothered by it. But if it's a smaller, indie band, I either do not download, or if I do, I later purchase the cd, or I go to see them perform live, or buy their merchandise, which they get to keep more of the profit from, anyway.
Exactly! I do that too!

I've never used Netflix, so can't comment there. But even so, that's still shitty. It's really weird and crazy that given how technology spreads throughout the world that we still seem to have weird blocks about what can and can't work from country to country. That's the thing, all these industries bitch about people downloading and torrenting things, but if you don't make the legal means to watch or listen to stuff avaiclable to them how the hell else ARE they supposed to get stuff they might be interested in from another country? You're kind of inadvertently forcing them to do the very thing you don't want them to do.

From what I've heard, it's because many that own the Canadian rights to tv shows or movies are the same companies who own Canadian cable stations, and they're too idiotic to allow rights to Netflix Canada. :|

I have heard people complain about not getting the same movies and shows on Netflix in Canada. And Hulu is not available either, right?

I usually d/l live stuff from YT. Like if I want a live version of a song because I like it better, like Gypsy Biker from Springsteen. Or an acoustic song from Pearl Jam that I heard on Pandora or Sirius radio. Or if I cannot find it on iTunes or Amazon. There has been the rare occurrence when a song I want is so obscure the CD is out of print and not available anywhere - I might find it on YT.

My husband convinced to get an Xbox. When we were at my dad's for Xmas, he played Halo with my brothers and had a ball. He got Xbox so he could still play online even though they are scattered about the US. My sister plays with her husband who is deployed in Afghanistan. He also told me I could watch stuff on Netflix and Hulu. The problem is wrangling the controller from him! He's away this weekend and it is a Hulu/Netflix marathon up in here!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom