PGP - getting Mullened on some Irish Liquor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's...charming, Cori :p.

Hope your Mum likes her pressies, you seem to have really thought about what she would like. :)

:yes: I have. A couple I kinda stumbled across by accident, but they fit into the sorts of stuff that I know she likes. My mom and I are the same in that we have our set things we like, everyone knows what we like, and it makes it a lot easier to find stuff for us :p. My sister's fiance was the toughest one, 'cause this is the first Christmas we're spending with him, so I had to learn what sorts of things he's into. But all in all, everyone should be happy tomorrow morning, so hooray.

Besides, after all the stuff my mom's gone through this year and all the stuff she's done to hold our family together and whatnot, it makes me really happy to give her a few nice things, fun stuff to enjoy. It makes me happy to finally be able to afford to get things for family and friends in general, it's been some time since I could do that.

So my sister and Adam (that's her fiance's name) got their cat a stuffed toy kitty that meows and purrs (the cat had been already poking around at her present the last few weeks, so it was half-open anyway to begin with and we decided to let her have it tonight), and we've all been sitting here totally laughing our heads off because the cat's been sniffing at the toy kitty, investigating it and pouncing at it and chewing on its whiskers (?) and staring curiously at it.

And now she's sleeping next to it. This may well be one of the most adorable things I've ever seen a pet do :cute:. I love my sister's cat, she's so incredibly cute.

Angela

Sister #1 has arrived- can I come hide at one of your houses?

i don't think you want to come to our house - me, my husband, my son, my two brothers, their wives, their 6 kids, my parents, my senile grandma, my brother's inlaws, and his wife's best friends and their kid. That's 21 for those of you counting!

I miss you guys - don't have much time / access to computer here. It's a pain on the arse to try to surf / post on my tiny ipod. If I don't get a chance to say anything later, I hope everyone has a LOVELY Christmas - have a drink on me!

I like to think that they are aware of this site, but forewarned about anything in PLEBA and know to stay far, far away from these parts if they ever dare come take a look-see. ;)

"explore if you must, but if you go into PLEBA, you're paying for your own therapy, young lady."

lolz - My friends used to perv on my older brothers when I was growing up and that was bad enough. *shudder*

What are you doing tomorrow? Do you have family nearby, Cori?

Nope, they're all far away. But it's okay!

I've been alternating between reading, watching movies and listening to Christmas CDs today. Did some baking. Just got out of the shower with plans to go to a 9:00 service at a nearby church. It should be my kind of Christmas Eve thing (carols, candlelight, etc), but it's supposed to be two hours! Oy. I might have to slip out early. That's how I roll with my non-churchy ways.

Tomorrow I'll open the presents my folks sent and am planning to go see Black Swan in the afternoon. That's it! :)

ooh - movie! I don't know how I feel about that movie. But that's a great idea. I think next year, while we're waiting for my inlaws who say they'll show up at noon but don't arrive until 2pm, we'll go see a movie.

If I don't 'see' you tomorrow, enjoy the day. :hug:

But I also have an invite to go out for drinks tonight. Part of me would really like to do that, because I'd prefer to be around people I know, rather than sitting in a church and inevitably bursting into tears when Silent Night is sung ... which ALWAYS happens! (Not out of loneliness; it's just one of those things that gets me.)

If I go out, I'll probably tell my parents I went to church. :shh:

:shifty: :shh: This Quantum Animist won't tell! *promise!*

Some times I get my carols mixed up....
the 2 that parts really get me
are:
Angels We Have heard On High - the chorus!
and
O Holy Night - pretty much the whole thing.... esp the chorus.
Hark, the Herald Angels Sings pretty impressive too!
And of course~
Joy to The World
(just found a station playing a big mass with Big Choir)

Comet, are those Swedish Fish in your drink?!?
My first glance at themlate last night-- I thought they looked like cough-drop logzenes! LOL

I've taken pictures of all the delicious food and drinks I've had over the past 2 weeks, and I'll for sure be uploading all of those next week.

:hyper:
:grumpy: THAT was the one of the two things I messed up on my vacation to Puerto Rico...I had never had room service ina hotel before LET alone in a 5-star hotel... really yummy food and presented so prettly-- I took pics of practically everyhting else but the meal presentations!

Hubby and I just returned from a great Christmas shopping trip. At the Grocery Store!! : lol : It was actually too fun. We got all kinds of junk for everyone and had better luck finding great gifts than we did at the mall!
LOL!THAT's funny!

i don't think you want to come to our house - me, my husband, my son, my two brothers, their wives, their 6 kids, my parents, my senile grandma, my brother's inlaws, and his wife's best friends and their kid. That's 21 for those of you counting!

Hmmm counting our family's mid-earlier Christmas get-togethers...
when we were in our ?teens/early 20's -- we'd get up to about 20 - 26 people at (one of) our aunt's & uncle's house. 3 sets of aunts & uncles plus our parents & grandma, me & my sis plus a bunch of cousins (mostly 1sts a few 2nds) and afew neighbors!
Luckily we had (still have) a dining room, liivng room, eclosed porch, a kitchen (and for warm weather get togethers a yard, too) to hang out in!:heart:

upon first read, I thought to myself "Who's Eve? I know I haven't been around much in the last week - did we get a new member?" : doh :
you never know! :D

Bono's daughter - duh!

: wink :
I like to think that they are aware of this site, but forewarned about anything in PLEBA and know to stay far, far away from these parts if they ever dare come take a look-see. ; )

"explore if you must, but if you go into PLEBA, you're paying for your own therapy, young lady."
LOL--Indeed! :uhoh:

sounds like you have a good evening & day prepared. Your recipies sound good.

I didn't make the Greek meat stuffing, I'd hope to make, but I'm hopin gto try doing it while I'm house sitting at my sis's next week. My kitchen :reject: isn't still totally set up for full cooking yet. I have looked it up on-line but I still have to read my mom's version that we've had and still what she/her mom had kep, takern out and added!

I got Big SHoes to fill- my mom was a very good cook!

I saw a nice bamboo cutting board of one of my friends said she saw good one at a better price at K-Mart, then Crate and Barrel where i saw it.

ANd they have (at C&B) these long rectangular thin Slate with natural edges Boards used to serve cheese on.:drool:
Gorgeous...I'm buying one next month as a design element for placing in the middle sedtion of the "ledge" of my Kitchen to Living Room Pass-through.

I will anhcor it down with malliable "Fun Tak" (goes by anither name now) The board has felt on the bottom already- I want it really stable so I can get my sis to give me a piece or two of my parents Eve Ziesal <sp> Dinnerwear set!:drool:

SO beautifully designed-- and she's still alive at around 104 yrs and still with younger help designing stuff! YAY!!!( How Inspiring !!)

and again Merry Christmas back to everyone sending MC wishes!

Since I have yet to have a chance to send my seasonal festive PM this year, I figure I'd quickly peek in to wish all of my girls the very best the season has to offer. Good food, good spirits, lots of laughs and love. May you be with those who make you happy, and those you're happy to be stuck with. Whomever they may be.
I hope Santa is kind to all of you who have been oh so naughty. (You know who you are :kiss: )
And really, just all the very best to you and yours. :heart:

*~MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ONE AND ALL!!! ~*

( See that? It even has the asterik-tilde combo of sincerety :happy: )

Much love to you all.
:heart:

Merry Christmas to my wonderful friends!! Hope you all have a great holiday :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hope Santa was good to you all. Did anyone get any U2 goodies???

I got two U2 mugs (one has the War album cover and one as the Under a Blood Red Sky cover). My mom also gave me this amazing blanket she got made for me which has my picture on it from when I posed with that big picture of them at the Toronto show. I'll post pics later :wink:

Also, my mom is always trying to beat me at knowing something about U2 first, it's our little inside joke cuz she never beats me hahaha. Anyways she found something U2 that I've never heard of. It's a lullaby cd that was made for kids that they made a bunch of U2 songs into lullaby form. She bought it as a joke to show me that she could beat me, which she did :lol:

VeeeeePeeeeeeeeeeeee! <3

(Are you actually awake this early??)

I am! It's Christmas! Santa was here! :D

Actually, I'm now an early to bed, early to rise person, which is awesome, because now I sleep for a solid 6 - 7 hrs, as opposed to my shitty hours, where I'd sleep for an hour or two, then wake up for a few hrs, etc, and then walk around like a zombie all day. :crack:

Btw, you're totally welcome to hang with us for Christmas, and then you can be annoyed by a different family. ;)

Kristen, your mugs sound awesome! And I LOLed about your mom trying to find U2 stuff that you don't know about. For U2 stuff, I got four cd singles: Mysterious Ways, Electrical Storm, The Sweetest Thing, and Mofo Remixes. :happy:

Just sitting around now, watching the kittens freak out over their new tunnel and other toys and wrapping paper, watching A Christmas Story :love: and eying the cute white chocolate covered marshmallow snowman I got in my stocking. :drool: It's too cute to eat, but I want it! Then just after lunch, we're picking my mom up and going to my sister's for the rest of the day.

Eta - OH YEAH!! Sarah got me a t-shirt that says "The only sport I'm interested in is Vampire Baseball." And it's sparkly!! :lol: It was payback for last year, when I got her a "Vampire Girl" shirt. :lol:

Eta - OH YEAH!! Sarah got me a t-shirt that says "The only sport I'm interested in is Vampire Baseball." And it's sparkly!! :lol: It was payback for last year, when I got her a "Vampire Girl" shirt. :lol:

:lol:

Kristen your mug sounds cool. :love:

Merry Christmas girls. :hug::heart:

"All I want for Christmas is my girls next summer!!!" :hyper::shifty::love:

Oh yeah and it'd be nice if Royal Mail would deliver my pretty scarf and if we'd all get an Irishman for New Year.:shifty:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom